• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Look Sixers

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum is their #1. I think that became abundantly clear towards the end of the season.

And while others have a better 1,2 for sure, I don’t think anyone has a better 3,4,5.

But that 1,2,3,4,5 is a combo guard and 4 wings. That’s the issue with the Celtics. On a night to night basis when the opponent changes every night that becomes difficult for the opponent to match up against. But when we’re talking about a 7 game series, that can more easily be exploited. Kemba can’t defend and the 5 position is a net loss in most matchups in the East.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now for the real talk. I lived Kemba Walker for 10 seasons with Allen Iverson. Iverson was better. You can’t win with a ball dominant 6 ft guard in the NBA. Entertaining as all hell but not going to end in climbing the mountain.

Not sure about that. Iverson got to the finals with no help at all. Kemba has a lot more help, he's not the alpha on the team.

Iverson did benefit from having the best basketball coach in history that year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that. Iverson got to the finals with no help at all. Kemba has a lot more help, he's not the alpha on the team.

Iverson did benefit from having the best basketball coach in history that year.

The team built around Iverson is never given credit because they aren’t sexy but they had a lineup of defensive stalwarts that didn’t need shots. George Lynch, Dikembe Mutombo, and Eric Snow were some of the best defenders at their position. They had scoring coming off the bench in Aaron McKie. I just don’t think the Cs are built for playoff basketball. Just my opinion.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that 1,2,3,4,5 is a combo guard and 4 wings. That’s the issue with the Celtics. On a night to night basis when the opponent changes every night that becomes difficult for the opponent to match up against. But when we’re talking about a 7 game series, that can more easily be exploited. Kemba can’t defend and the 5 position is a net loss in most matchups in the East.
To highlight the positive of how the C's are built... they are made to be interchangeable and to switch on D, which is a very important characteristic in today's NBA.

They're built kinda similar to the recent Golden State teams that have enjoyed massive success.

So... it's possible, in today's NBA. The C's need Tatum to be bonafide superstar, though... it's one thing to build like the Warriors, it's another to have the star power to make it work.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, same can be said the other way around tyouth.

It is easier for guards to defend size by throwing numbers in the paint than it is for bigs to defend guards in space.

All depends on how Brett Brown takes advantage of the matchups, and I don’t think he is a good coach. Advantage Celtics.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, same can be said the other way around tyouth.

It is easier for guards to defend size by throwing numbers in the paint than it is for bigs to defend guards in space.

All depends on how Brett Brown takes advantage of the matchups, and I don’t think he is a good coach. Advantage Celtics.

Not a huge Brett Brown fan but let’s not act like Brad Stevens is Red Auerbach. Everybody seems to cream their nut over this guy who has never won anything in his life outside of a Horizon League Championship and an NCAA regional.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge Brett Brown fan but let’s not act like Brad Stevens is Red Auerbach. Everybody seems to cream their nut over this guy who has never won anything in his life outside of a Horizon League Championship and an NCAA regional.

He is a much better coach than Brett Brown.

The 6ers have had better talent than the Celtics just about every year. And the Celtics have consistently been better. Stevens tends to get the most out of his players while Brown can’t figure out obvious ways to use his best guys.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers have looked pretty good in the scrimmages and the new lineup seems to work. My main concern is Embiid. He is always nursing some kind of injury. I question his conditioning and commitment.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a really smart move.

If nothing else, it should take the pressure of having to make 3's off of him.

With his skillset, the Sixers can post him up as you mentioned, they can get him the ball cutting to the hoop, he can go coast to coast off defensive rebounds, he can drive from the perimeter. His point guard skills should give the Sixers more ways to attack teams as well.

If he can develop any kind of range at all, he can be a pretty devastating stretch 4 as well.

Man, if only I had posted about him being a point forward for the past few years....oh yeah, I did frequently!

ClumsyConstantHookersealion-small.gif

BallUpAllStar8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long overdue moving Ben Simmons out of the point guard position!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t wait for Saturday night