• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Jersey Devils Select: Adam Larsson

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone else really impressed with how assertive Larsson is? He reminds me of Kovy in that regard. He WANTS the puck, he wants to be in the NHL, he's hungry. Love it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also very well spoken, sounded better than most of the North American kids. I do get the impression he is intelligent and the type of kid who will learn and adapt very easily. Tallinder can help mentor him, and it's good to have 2 other young Swedes in Tedenby and JJ to help him adapt to America. He really does seem like a perfect fit here.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's also very well spoken, sounded better than most of the North American kids. I do get the impression he is intelligent and the type of kid who will learn and adapt very easily. Tallinder can help mentor him, and it's good to have 2 other young Swedes in Tedenby and JJ to help him adapt to America. He really does seem like a perfect fit here.

He's more mature than all these kids. He has to be because he's been playing with adults for two years while most of these OHL kids are teenagers playing Xbox.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my only worry, for lack of a better word, about larsson is he is very very very reserved.

he seems very mature which is obviously a plus, and has a very nice influx of youth with some seriousness (i'm lookin at you teddy lol)
i just hope he's not socially awkward or anything like that

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's more mature than all these kids. He has to be because he's been playing with adults for two years while most of these OHL kids are teenagers playing Xbox.

Landeskog & Larsson seem very mature for their age. What's interesting to me is one stayed in Sweden & the other went to the CHL. Everything worked out for both of them. Landeskog said he got a phone call from Forsberg. He must have been on CLOUD 9.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i think it was worth raising an eyebrow when landeskog said he left sweden not to just to grow as a hockey player but to grow as a person. thats the sign of a kid with his head on his shoulders who's really looking to better himself in every asset that he can.

then lately i think you see more players these days coming from city's than you used to where hockey was probably played more amongst kids in lsightly more rural areas. this is noteworthy to me because kids from city's and kids from rural places obv. typically have different attitudeds and dispostions at times. according to what i've read larsson is from a more rural part of sweden, away from stockholm, and that very well could have shaped his maturity to a degree, maybe kept away from the city/party life to a certain degree.

not that that horribly damages every kids maturity, or that every city kid is less. but i tihnk its something to consider.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was delighted when i heard We got Larsson! Definitely enjoying this, let's just have a good coach brought in now.