• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Japan

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone going to watch Wrestle Kingdom for the next couple of nights?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I plan to at some point. Definitely want to see Liger's last match.
I just wish it wasn’t a tag match. I would’ve liked a singles match with him vs either Dragon Lee or Hiromu Takahashi.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish it wasn’t a tag match. I would’ve liked a singles match with him vs either Dragon Lee or Hiromu Takahashi.

You watched Day 1 yet? Got any recommendations of must see? Based on reactions, I need to check out Ospreay/Takahashi for sure. I'm not super into New Japan and mostly pick and choose which matches to watch. I usually skip over all the multi-man matches.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watched Day 1 yet? Got any recommendations of must see? Based on reactions, I need to check out Ospreay/Takahashi for sure. I'm not super into New Japan and mostly pick and choose which matches to watch. I usually skip over all the multi-man matches.
I’m watching right now and just finished the tag title match and nothing has stood out thus far as must see. But I feel that the good stuff is coming up.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texas Death Match was fine but was nothing groundbreaking. The Ospreay vs Hiromu match was solid and there was one sequence that I don’t know how Ospreay pulled it off but it was phenomenal. I’m going to watch the two main events later. Don’t really care about White and Naito but really looking forward to the Okada-Ibushi match.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texas Death Match was fine but was nothing groundbreaking. The Ospreay vs Hiromu match was solid and there was one sequence that I don’t know how Ospreay pulled it off but it was phenomenal. I’m going to watch the two main events later. Don’t really care about White and Naito but really looking forward to the Okada-Ibushi match.

I decided to watch everything from Ospreay/Takahashi onward. It was a wise decision. If Naito doesn't win tonight, the Tokyo Dome might be burned down.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I decided to watch everything from Ospreay/Takahashi onward. It was a wise decision. If Naito doesn't win tonight, the Tokyo Dome might be burned down.
Now’s definitely the time for him to win because the wear and tear he’s put on his body over the years is slowly taking a toll on him I believe. Otherwise, I don’t ever see him being in this position again. I feel like White will beat Ibushi because Ibushi can take a second loss and come back a lot easier than it would be for White.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post match of Moxley and Juice..:

upload_2020-1-5_3-13-26.gif

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post match of Moxley and Juice..:

View attachment 228837

Day 2 was good. Mox and Suzuki might kill each other. Naito vs Okada was excellent. Naito winning was a big moment. WWE doesn't have the patience (I understand why) to do a payoff like Naito finally winning. Jericho/Tanahasi was fun and did you see the post show interview with Jericho saying he's trying really hard to forge an AEW/New Japan partnership?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 2 was good. Mox and Suzuki might kill each other. Naito vs Okada was excellent. Naito winning was a big moment. WWE doesn't have the patience (I understand why) to do a payoff like Naito finally winning. Jericho/Tanahasi was fun and did you see the post show interview with Jericho saying he's trying really hard to forge an AEW/New Japan partnership?
I feel like they’ll eventually let Ibushi hold the belt but Naito was probably the best move for right now. Okada doesn’t really need the belt to be a star. Jericho definitely seems like he’s trying to be a mediator between the two companies but I still think that the bad blood between NJPW and TYB and Omega hasn’t thawed at all and will take a while before any type of relationship is forged between the two (even though it’d be very beneficial to both companies). I heard about what unfortunately happened after the Liger match. I’m going to watch this one later.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like they’ll eventually let Ibushi hold the belt but Naito was probably the best move for right now. Okada doesn’t really need the belt to be a star. Jericho definitely seems like he’s trying to be a mediator between the two companies but I still think that the bad blood between NJPW and TYB and Omega hasn’t thawed at all and will take a while before any type of relationship is forged between the two (even though it’d be very beneficial to both companies). I heard about what unfortunately happened after the Liger match. I’m going to watch this one later.

Something happened after the Liger match?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something happened after the Liger match?
On the English feed, around 30-45 seconds after the match ended, the feed cut from before Hiromu took the mic to Liger walking to the back. So about two to three minutes are missing.
Just finished watching night two. The final two matches were solid but still think the Ospreay-Hiromu and Okada-Ibushi matches were the best. I also think that ZSJ-SANADA should’ve been five-10 minutes longer. It felt really short and they never got out of second gear. To me, I still think the best moment was Suzuki coming out after the Moxley-Juice match (could be because I really enjoy Suzuki) since I think that’s a match a lot of people have wanted to see since Moxley left WWE.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what it’s looking like right now, the potential matches going forward will be (from what I remember):
Naito vs KENTA
SANADA vs Jay White
Suzuki vs Moxley
ZSJ vs Ospreay
Taichi vs Okada
Shingo vs Goto
Ishii vs EVIL
Ibushi and Tanahashi vs FinJuice
Desperado and Kanemaru vs Roppongi 3K
Hiromu vs Ryu (Dragon) Lee
Archer vs YOSHI HASHI

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case nobody saw it.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the shows over the weekend were a preview of what's to come, the Suzuki-Moxley match this Sunday is going to be as fun as I imagined.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone plans on watching New Beginning at some point, I'd probably recommend just skipping to the final three matches. The Suzuki-Moxley match was good but I just felt like it wasn't quite what I was hoping for, though that could've just been the very high expectations I had for it. Also sucks that Suzuki lost but had a feeling it was coming since he pinned Moxley close to two weeks ago in that tag match. Don't know where he goes from here but it always seems like Suzuki chokes in the title matches anymore, which is unfortunate since he's easily one of the top 5 most over people in the promotion.
Also, Suzuki-gun going 0-3 for the night definitely doesn't help their look as a stable. Guess that Gedo wants to make sure that Bullet Club stays the #1 heel stable there.