• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New here

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too, that quote says it all, it just severed a lot of folks, who we know on a day to day basis, but not necessarily by name, still, I had been on those boards for a decade or more, I remember they redid the boards back in the mid 2000's and I had been on them for about 5 years then. Change sometimes sucks, but this site looks like it might even be better cause you won't have to worry about admin hard asses here. For ex, Iowa had a coach, Ken O Keefe, but a lot of us would just do KOK, but nope, not on CBS, they were saying KOK was offensive. So in any case, good to be here, is there another thread that is just a "hang out" thread vs the newbie thread?

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Wingsauce, you'll be skiing the pass thru August now, right? how coo is that?

I actually live on the Front Range just about a mile from the start of the Rocky's, but we have had 42" of snow in the past 3 weeks. Pretty crazy, 80 degrees on monday and it was 9 degrees this morning.

After the first 22" I got the lawn aerated and fertilized so with 20" more on top of that, I'm stoked!

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too, that quote says it all, it just severed a lot of folks, who we know on a day to day basis, but not necessarily by name, still, I had been on those boards for a decade or more, I remember they redid the boards back in the mid 2000's and I had been on them for about 5 years then. Change sometimes sucks, but this site looks like it might even be better cause you won't have to worry about admin hard asses here. For ex, Iowa had a coach, Ken O Keefe, but a lot of us would just do KOK, but nope, not on CBS, they were saying KOK was offensive. So in any case, good to be here, is there another thread that is just a "hang out" thread vs the newbie thread?

I'm just a dumb-ass cracker so my gangsta speak is lame, but what does KOK mean to the rest of the world?

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wing, I think CBS thought we were trying to say cock, that was the only thing I could think of, but if CBS thought that, hmm...there are other forums for those types of discussions somewhere I would guess, not my cup of tea though so have no idea, still KOK was bad. It's no wonder they dropped their boards.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually live on the Front Range just about a mile from the start of the Rocky's, but we have had 42" of snow in the past 3 weeks. Pretty crazy, 80 degrees on monday and it was 9 degrees this morning.

After the first 22" I got the lawn aerated and fertilized so with 20" more on top of that, I'm stoked!

haha...good stuff. sorry, I was thinking Georgetown...dang, the city of Loveland barely existed when I lived in CO (1969 > 1972) - before the tunnel...we used to ski the pass all the time (was free - ski down either side, hitch-hike back up, all day long...I mean, who had $15 for a day pass at the resorts?!?) Now that the resorts are raping skiers for $75/day, skiing the pass makes more sense than ever.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived up at Keystone for a ski season, was a blast back in the late 80's, loved skiing A Basin, cheap great runs, all that.

H2S, help me out, how does the Atlanta Falcons fit in there, I get MSU and Red Wings, yours is like mine though with my baseball team being the Red Sox.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coo beans living in Keystone; great area.
My brother's family's been in Dillon since 1978.
I lived in Basalt, CO 1970>1972...three winters...had my own 8'x35' trailer - got it for $500...stayed at the KOA - sequestered in the "hippy ghetto" section...skied a bunch - virtually, every day possible. The last year was spent back country...did some way crazy stuff (maybe not by today's standards, but).
One of the best trips going was the Arapaho Basin back bowls run...cop a $3 one-ride ticket to the top, sidestep up another 50' to the ridgeline, then slip over and into heaven, ending up an hour or two later in an aspen grove and an old mining road -where the car was waiting.
Can't do that these days. sucks.

We moved to Atlanta from Chicago in the Spring of 1980...we were young, wide-eyed, optimists who embraced the pathetic Falcons...and have suffered along with them ever since. I grew up a Braves fan, so that was easy. And will probably adopt any NHL Franchise that has the balls to succeed where the Flames and the Thrashers failed.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we used to ski the pass all the time (was free - ski down either side, hitch-hike back up, all day long...I mean, who had $15 for a day pass at the resorts?!?) Now that the resorts are raping skiers for $75/day, skiing the pass makes more sense than ever.

Yeah lots still do. In fact 5 boarders were killed on the pass 2 weeks ago..buried in an avalanche. All were experienced and carrying the proper equipment, but Mother Nature said it was time..sucks

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tj: by a bunch of Iowa guys! Not that there is anything wrong with that, mind you...

Guess we could always talk about the upcoming game between UNC and UK in basketball this fall...that ought to be a killer game, just like most of them.

And it would sorta get us back to Jamammy's(kill yoself) thread....since he/she's a Memphis fan who doesn't have any love to spare for John Calipari. He/she's not too much of a fan of anyone except Memphis.:nod:

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnwEujJVbYs]Stormtroopers of Death - Kill Yourself - YouTube[/ame]

J'onn Jo'nzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm new too, good to meet you.

Brother

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2