• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New ACC divisions and format, for football

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As far as football, it was seen as a huge upgrade. Pitt fans love the move and want to join yesterday. I don't know if it will help the draw at all though. The teams needs to get more consistent. Playing in a city with a pro team and an off-campus stadium that needs a bus ride at least makes it tough.

I agree on the consistency issue. I think the ACC will be a big help to Pitt in all aspects. While right now the ACC isnt considered a power conference, teams like Fla st, Miami, Clemson, and to a point VT, give the ACC a lot more "brand recognition" than the Big East has. I figure that will help in recruiting and may also draw some decent names in the coaching ranks (if needed). I also figure that people may come out to see certain ACC teams (fla st, miami, etc) more than BE teams (other than WVU) which should put some $ into the program.

BTW i assume Pitt will continue to play the Backyard Brawl?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like to me the ACC is trying to be relevant in both basketball and football, which is no easy feat.

Certainly Pitt and Syracuse didn't help in football, but I think you can make the argument that Syracuse is highly relevant in basketball.

What the ACC needs is for the "top tier" programs who are already there to live up to their lofty ambitions.

Va Tech, Florida State, Clemson, and Miami need to win their out of conference and bowl games. It's not enough for them to just knock off whoever is the top contender in the ACC every year.

Completely agree; and it's not just enough to win one of three marquee OOC games. It seems that Clemson is on the right track, but I've been a fan far too long to assume anything. Especially given that SCar actually has a pulse on the gridiron and we pick up Georgia/Ole Miss/Mississippi State/Vandy in the next few years, it would go a long way if we can dominate those games. Of course, getting 70 hung on you in the Orange Bowl is never going to help...