• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Nemesis Blue Jays fly down to Globe Life 5/13-5/15

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. A legal slide would've kept Smoak safe. He was trying to seriously injure Odor.

Based on what I've heard on the radio and seen on the web/social media there are a ton of current players that don't like him and pretty much have said off record that whatever Bautista gets is all deserved.

That said I personally have no issue with the bat flip or any bat flip for that matter. People think Rangers and the fans are butt hurt from 7 mos. ago and that's hardly the case. Based off of the way the sport works and it's unwritten rules the idiot should have expected something to happen...i was just surprised it took his final AB of the 6th and final game of the season series I think. If he accepts the HBP and doesn't do the illegal and dirty slide by the letter of the law then none of the brawl happens.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. We got our point across. I don't want anyone getting hurt or suspended during a hopefully deep postseason run.

Id be worried facing that lineup truth be told but just for entertainment purposes and enhancing the rivalry even more I think it'd be fun. Tho maybe I'm just saying that now haha.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I've heard on the radio and seen on the web/social media there are a ton of current players that don't like him and pretty much have said off record that whatever Bautista gets is all deserved.

That said I personally have no issue with the bat flip or any bat flip for that matter. People think Rangers and the fans are butt hurt from 7 mos. ago and that's hardly the case. Based off of the way the sport works and it's unwritten rules the idiot should have expected something to happen...i was just surprised it took his final AB of the 6th and final game of the season series I think. If he accepts the HBP and doesn't do the illegal and dirty slide by the letter of the law then none of the brawl happens.

Bautista is a pussy. He knows if he charges a guy who has done jail time, he will get killed. So instead he decides to try to take out a guy much smaller than himself. Then after he tries to hurt him, he tries to bow up to the little guy.

And the little guy puts him on his ass.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've said this over and over...I was never mad about the bat flip. I was mad about the emotion behind it. He threw that bat like he was owed the homer. And that's what never sat right with me. He earned the homer by being a good hitter, but he wasn't owed it just because Martin made a dumb mental error. I don't like the way he acts on the field or off. He's a jackass.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odor was pegged twice in last year's ALDS and just trotted to first. Just take your medicine and take your base.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I am dying and praying for the Rangers and Jays meeting up again in the post season. I think that baseball and drama would be freaking epic.
I would rather see the Jays become nonexistent this year. We will see them again in a year. And that will become the new Yankees-Red Sox showcase MLB wants to showcase every year.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this over and over...I was never mad about the bat flip. I was mad about the emotion behind it. He threw that bat like he was owed the homer. And that's what never sat right with me. He earned the homer by being a good hitter, but he wasn't owed it just because Martin made a dumb mental error. I don't like the way he acts on the field or off. He's a jackass.
And if this was in the Dome in Toronto the fans would be throwing everything they have onto the field. Give our fans credit. I did like the chants though.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to take a vacation to Toronto real soon and wear my Rangers jersey and hat. Not!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if this was in the Dome in Toronto the fans would be throwing everything they have onto the field. Give our fans credit. I did like the chants though.
The USA chant was hilarious and made no sense, but I still laughed. A Venezuelan knocked out a Dominican and a bunch of Texans chanted USA USA USA!!!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bautista is a pussy. He knows if he charges a guy who has done jail time, he will get killed. So instead he decides to try to take out a guy much smaller than himself. Then after he tries to hurt him, he tries to bow up to the little guy.

And the little guy puts him on his ass.

He thought after the push, he was gonna be able to reach out and manhandle the kid. He was trying to load up a right cross of his own, but the little fella got the quick one landed and although he didnt go down, he needed Beltre to help him recover. If not its much worse

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to take a vacation to Toronto real soon and wear my Rangers jersey and hat. Not!

I have no desire to go to Canada, but if I did I'm wearing an Odor jersey.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The USA chant was hilarious and made no sense, but I still laughed. A Venezuelan knocked out a Dominican and a bunch of Texans chanted USA USA USA!!!

I was laughing at that shit too, thinking how many of these fucks do they really think are from Canada?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently there's some video that the Jays fans are floating around on Twitter that Odor did something dirty and douchy in the minors and like WTF that's all they can do is resort to is finding some crap he did in the minors.

I'm trying to find it but haven't had any luck yet.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me that is in the past. Bautista toes the line many times. One reason on the earlier post that Verlander opposed what Hunter stated. Verlander would like to hit him too and the bat flip never affected him.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor was pegged twice in last year's ALDS and just trotted to first. Just take your medicine and take your base.

Oh that's right! My GF asked me if there was something Roogie was a part of last year in the playoff series I couldn't recall at first but now that I remember now.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no desire to go to Canada, but if I did I'm wearing an Odor jersey.
Been twice, and I liked it. Canadians are rude as fuck though. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. Saying thank you and sorry doesn't make you nice. They are pretentious assholes who are way too full of themselves.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a frequent traveler tho I haven't been after last year's playoffs but I'll definitely be sporting not only my Rangers gear but wearing an Odor shirt.

If you ever go let me know it's actually a hell of a great city and people truth be told haha.