• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Nemesis Blue Jays fly down to Globe Life 5/13-5/15

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I to you, like NightCrawler is for rev? Meaning, rev doesn't read some of NC's posts. ha

No one 46 has seen the great Brooks Robinson man 3rd, screamed at the late Gary Carter for loafing while playing AAA in Memphis*, or admitted working with Norm Hitzges. But I'll take your take, as a compliment. I'm a young 66. And when you get to 66, you'll be saying this same BS too. So there.

* Swear, Carter looked right at me, and I thought, "ya know, I'm kind of glad there's distance and a screen between me and this guy." He was pissed, and mainly b/c he knew I screamed the truth.
Dude you're old we get it! Hah I didn't even read your giveaway and then guessed anyway. I guess we all ignore you

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I to you, like NightCrawler is for rev? Meaning, rev doesn't read some of NC's posts. ha

No one 46 has seen the great Brooks Robinson man 3rd, screamed at the late Gary Carter for loafing while playing AAA in Memphis*, or admitted working with Norm Hitzges. But I'll take your take, as a compliment. I'm a young 66. And when you get to 66, you'll be saying this same BS too. So there.

Shit, that's right. You have mentioned seeing older players play in person. My bad.

Honestly, your temperament and use of the internet is where I got my guess from (well, that and a lack of paying attention).

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the new regular lineup tonight, Wilson catching.

Good....hope we can have a very nice, bounce-back game. Last evenings was awful.

And we could really use a W tonight since Ramos is on the hill tomorrow afternoon.

IMO it's one thing to go 1-2, and view 0-3 completely different.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good....hope we can have a very nice, bounce-back game. Last evenings was awful.

And we could really use a W tonight since Ramos is on the hill tomorrow afternoon.

IMO it's one thing to go 1-2, and view 0-3 completely different.
How we get into some of these fixes baffles me. Back in early spring who would believe a man called Ramos would be in our Starting Rotation?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

* Swear, Carter looked right at me, and I thought, "ya know, I'm kind of glad there's distance and a screen between me and this guy." He was pissed, and mainly b/c he knew I screamed the truth.
62 here and cannot wait to get to 66 and 1 month and collect social security and if I still get to work from home keep doing that. And I will take Medicaid while I am it at 65. Time to get some of the freebies that some get and have not worked for it. And donaldson I think it was you that had the Clemente avatar and we posted back and forth on it. I have seen so many of the old players play that it would take up too much time to list them. Just would like to see the Rangers win the World Series before my time is up.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
62 here and cannot wait to get to 66 and 1 month and collect social security and if I still get to work from home keep doing that. And I will take Medicaid while I am it at 65. Time to get some of the freebies that some get and have not worked for it. And donaldson I think it was you that had the Clemente avatar and we posted back and forth on it. I have seen so many of the old players play that it would take up too much time to list them. Just would like to see the Rangers win the World Series before my time is up.

Well I can imagine you worked your ass off for it, so it's not a freebie! Hope you guys retiring soon get to enjoy it, because I am afraid those that have a while til retirement will have wasted a large portion of our potential income and never get it back.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can imagine you worked your ass off for it, so it's not a freebie! Hope you guys retiring soon get to enjoy it, because I am afraid those that have a while til retirement will have wasted a large portion of our potential income and never get it back.

There's no question imo. That's why I'm saving for retirement starting now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question imo. That's why I'm saving for retirement starting now.

Started the 401K the day I was eligible at work and bumped it up to 6% not long after. They used to match 6% but are currently only matching 4.5% because of economic downturn. I wish I had started way younger, but it's never a bad idea to start when you can.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, it definitely was not a freebie for me. Funny but when I was in my 20's and 30's we would say the same thing. Hope the best for you younger posters in this crazy world.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started the 401K the day I was eligible at work and bumped it up to 6% not long after. They used to match 6% but are currently only matching 4.5% because of economic downturn. I wish I had started way younger, but it's never a bad idea to start when you can.

As long as you're not waiting to start till about 40 you should be fine. Including the match I'm investing 9%. If I do that till the day I retire I should be in a good spot.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, it definitely was not a freebie for me. Funny but when I was in my 20's and 30's we would say the same thing. Hope the best for you younger posters in this crazy world.

They will likely push the retirement age back to near 70. You know the ironic thing they never though of? People live longer, so they draw on SS and Medicare a lot longer than they ever thought possible. It's good that people live longer, but they take a lot more out when they do.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea doing that. We get a dollar to dollar match up to 6%. It really is like throwing money away not using something like that because even if there is a downturn the match helps to overcome it. As long as you are not working for someone like Enron or whoever that was.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you're not waiting to start till about 40 you should be fine. Including the match I'm investing 9%. If I do that till the day I retire I should be in a good spot.
Yeah I am at 10.5% total, so I should be fine too. I need to find a numbers guy and build me a good mix though, because I want to retire in style man!