• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska vs. UCLA -- Foster Farms Bowl

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great to get the payback on them!

I'm doing hammer pants

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great end to the season. UCLA got some momentun off the fumble/no facemask. But we were the better team all night. Build on it, get some results next season.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I'm very pleased with the game plan the coaches produced and stuck with throughout most of the game. Late in the game I thought we were going to abandon what got us to that point, but DL finally went back to the bread n butter.

CONGRATS to the TEAM.

GO BIG RED.

I can't believe the season is over already, it went very fast.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a weird game to watch. Imagine that - if we can run on them, keep with it and we win. I hope this sticks with the staff and keeps them away from getting cute so much next season. We really haven't done this all year. I know that UCLA's run defense was bad, but so were other teams we decided to pass versus run and got beat. I'm very thankful but still confused. Did they have enough time to think over their bad strategy, or were they afraid Tommy was going to go full retard, or what? I'm curious as to why they decided to finally go with common sense.......

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They looked more like Nebraska tonight then any point in the season. Tommie looked fresh running, and I hope they take note of what it takes to beat a passing team like UCLA like other teams beat us throwing 40+ times per game. I'd bet Riley didn't beat the bruins like that very often at Beaver U.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have 2 nfl ready Tackles, get your head outta your ass E!

Now I can't hope for some pressure, because you say I shouldn't? I wasn't being critical of the defense. Don't be like the shithead here that got on my ass because I said only way we could win this game was by running the ball for the most part, and guess what? TA was limited to 19 passes, which I had said many times before, he should be limited to 15 to 20 passes per game. Also Nebraska RAN THE BALL, RAN THE BALL, RAN THE BALL TO VICTORY! My prediction of Nebraska 34-28 was pretty close because of the proper way to call a football game offensively with the players we have. I absolutely KNEW Nebraska would win if Riley did what SHOULD HAVE been done the whole season. I also knew the defense would leak a little bit, but that's mainly because UCLA is no slouch offensively. A winning season would have been had by using this formula for winning the whole debacle of a season.

Last edited:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With 326 rushing which makes it even better !

Predictably they won by RUNNING THE BALL! Is Nebraska a great team? No, but they sure are better than a losing season team. With this offensive gameplan, Nebraska would have had an 8-4 season or close to that.

This game was HUGE for recruiting!