• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska/Oklahoma possible matchup.....in 2020-21

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Written by Steve Sipple

Lots of folks are penciling in Nebraska and Oklahoma for the Big 12 title game Dec. 4.

Seems a bit early to make that leap, doesn't it?

At any rate, lots of folks are hoping for it, for nostalgic reasons.

Nebraska is moving to the Big Ten next year, and the Huskers and Sooners don't have room in their nonconference schedules until 2020.

The schools' athletics directors say they're interested in getting the teams back together. Nebraska's Tom Osborne and Oklahoma's Joe Castiglione confirmed to USA TODAY Tuesday that they've talked about a home-and-home series in 2020 and '21 — the latter the 50th anniversary of their No. 1 vs. No. 2 Game of the Century, won 35-31 by the Huskers.

"But we can't make a decision until we know if the Big Ten is going from eight conference games to nine," Osborne told USA TODAY. "Once that shakes out, we'll see what we can work out."

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i read about the NU OU wanting to get a series scheduled the other day. I don't care if we ever play them again or not, the fate of their football program lives and dies by the hand of ut now. The rivalry used to mean something and they chose to shit on it and climb in bed with their daddy ut instead so they can suck it. We don't owe them a single dick lick

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't concern myself with what's to be in some 2020-2021 space odyssey.

In the next 10 years NU/OU will have plenty of opportunities to play, whether they be for the national title, at large BCS games, or even second tier bowl games.

Bowl committees will be 'chompin' at the bit' to re-live the 'old rivalry' of these two programs for the tv revenue alone. Not to mention revenue from a sold out stadium, filled hotels, the resturant revenue, and revenue generated from t-shirt sales etc.. . Geee, how do we promote a Nebraska/Oklahoma bowl game folks? It's a fuckin' no brainer.

If these two programs stay on par with each other in the wins/losses/rankings category, I'd venture to say we'll see Nebraska/Oklahoma at least 3 times prior to 2020/2021.