• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Ohio State 11:00 AM CST FOX

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's pretty evident that the Big ten is fixated on keeping Ohio State at number one I can't really blame them because it gives the conference the best chance to win a national championship however the conference is eating its own tail.

Oh boy

Fields had one incomplete pass dude. One.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU looked much better in the 2nd half, when the better talent wore down the defense of Nebraska. They do have a few things to fix. The running game is a concern. A lot of good runners, but none great, at least from the first game. Defensive Line is a little shaky. How many times was Zach Harrison's name mentioned and the same with Jonathan Cooper. No premier sack masters like with the Bosa's and Chase Young. Did Baron Browning vanish during the game? The DB's held up pretty well. I swear I never heard Shaun Wade's name mentioned in any tackles or pass break ups, though maybe they didn't throw that way.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's pretty evident that the Big ten is fixated on keeping Ohio State at number one I can't really blame them because it gives the conference the best chance to win a national championship however the conference is eating its own tail.
I mean, while many of us might not like the rule, most of those calls were correct (thought 1 was suspect)...the problem is they need to rewrite the rule.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen a defense so poorly coached as Nebraska’s was yesterday. If you watch a replay, 50% of the time the defender just launches their shoulder to make a tackle. No squaring of the shoulders and wrapping up. Numerous targeting calls. Every time you looked up there was a Nebraska defender just launching their body to tackle. That’s not going to hold up very well for them if that’s the only way they know how to tackle.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen a defense so poorly coached as Nebraska’s was yesterday. If you watch a replay, 50% of the time the defender just launches their shoulder to make a tackle. No squaring of the shoulders and wrapping up. Numerous targeting calls. Every time you looked up there was a Nebraska defender just launching their body to tackle. That’s not going to hold up very well for them if that’s the only way they know how to tackle.
The pandemic may have a lot to do with it

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pandemic may have a lot to do with it
It’s D1 football. At this level they should know better but I do agree the lack of play and practice attributes to sloppier play than usual.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like Nebraska ever had a chance

nicolas cage laughing GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about consistency in calling them both ways?

View attachment 256802

It seems like this Nebraska player is a runner, not defenseless and he also lowers his head. This is not a blindside hit to a defenseless WR running across the middle, for example.

Honestly, nobody knows the rules these days and we saw it in a lot of games Saturday.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Nebraska ever had a chance

nicolas cage laughing GIF
I'm not saying Nebraska would have won the game but the game would have looked a lot different in my opinion Ohio State got gifted 23 points they take that away minus the Podunk touchdown at the end that's 30 points off the board the game looks a lot different.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Nebraska would have won the game but the game would have looked a lot different in my opinion Ohio State got gifted 23 points they take that away minus the Podunk touchdown at the end that's 30 points off the board the game looks a lot different.

Again

They only forced one incompletion dude. Were you on Rivals by chance? Bruce?