• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So. Back to Nashville. Who will we play?

North Carolina?

Since Nebraska not only couldn't even beat an unranked Iowa team today, but they were trounced by them, we better expect another ass kicking in the bowl game.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some reasons why Bo Pelini was fired was because he couldn't win the games that mattered and not playing championship caliber football.

The main reason was Bo Pelini was a douche. But Eichorst did use that as some of his reasons.

Guess what?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i'm excited for next year. most of the oline is back and a ton of guys that can contribute coming off of redshirts. hopefully restocking at WR with this recruiting class, but we got some guys already that can play with Morgan and DPE. RB is okay with Bryant and Ozigbo. Hopefully POB or Lee are a step up from TA. if we could get up to 65% passing, this offense would be so much better.

defensively same thing. not losing a ton, really need to find some DEs, they were decent but not great and really need more from them.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some reasons why Bo Pelini was fired was because he couldn't win the games that mattered and not playing championship caliber football.

The main reason was Bo Pelini was a douche. But Eichorst did use that as some of his reasons.

Guess what?
It's year two. At least let him get his players in place

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the mighty Huskers players have lost the spirit
could it be due ta the staff ??

I'm 100% sure the main problem is coaching. I truly figured we were going to see a struggling offensive under performance, but I expected the defense to show up better than this Cosgrove like shit we saw today.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd take a Les Miles

Miles would be a couple levels above Riley, but Peterson is about 8 levels above Riley. Actually, Ferentz is also a couple of levels above Riley and we all saw how that worked out today.

Last edited:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense gives up TD plays of 77 and 75 yards on the banker defense. Then the 56 yard run.

Caleb Lightbourn once again shanks a punt for 7 yards.

Punt return defense sucked.

Danny Langsdorf was in love with the pass, even though the run was getting 5 yards, then back to a pass.

The only thing Nebraska won was Extra Points as we blocked one and stopped a 2 point conversion.

No need to mention Nate Gerry running into the kicker because I think he was just trying to make something happen as the score was 26-10 and the offense was doing diddly.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and i'm excited for next year. most of the oline is back and a ton of guys that can contribute coming off of redshirts. hopefully restocking at WR with this recruiting class, but we got some guys already that can play with Morgan and DPE. RB is okay with Bryant and Ozigbo. Hopefully POB or Lee are a step up from TA. if we could get up to 65% passing, this offense would be so much better.

defensively same thing. not losing a ton, really need to find some DEs, they were decent but not great and really need more from them.

I would really really really really really be excited for next season if Eichorst had made a home run hire.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here comes a 9-4 season. That may be the best Riley can do here in Lincoln.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to send Eichorst a GTFO letter - oh look, Riley is choking in the presser also.

Here comes a 9-4 season. That may be the best Riley can do here in Lincoln.
After being 7-0 and two losses were beat downs.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles would be a couple levels above Riley, but Peterson is about 8 levels above Riley. Actually, Ferentz is also a couple of levels above Riley and we all saw how that worked out today.
Peterson won't leave Washington right now
Miles eats live grass off of opponets field
LSU is flirtin with Herman right now ---buuut that houstan lose may change thar minds

my first pick years ago was Tom Herman --Ohio State OC
knows the big 10
and belongs in the Husker world

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Peterson won't leave Washington right now
Miles eats live grass off of opponets field
LSU is flirtin with Herman right now ---buuut that houstan lose may change thar minds

my first pick years ago was Tom Herman --Ohio State OC
knows the big 10
and belongs in the Husker world

I know Peterson won't leave Washington now, but I bet an open checkbook thrown at him before the 2014 season started would have lured him here. After Pelini "gifted" Iowa a win in Lincoln in 2013, he should have been fired. What was really horrible was when that Mad Dog Bo jackoff went for a fake punt at about our own 25 or 30 against Iowa in 2013 when we were only down by 17-10. That convinced me that Mad Dog purposely threw that game away to punish us Nebraska fans, in my opinion.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undefeated National Champions.

Sure. I'm in.

9/3 Fresno State - W
9/10 Wyoming - W
9/17 Oregon - W
9/24 @ Northwestern - L
10/1 Illinois - W
10/15 @ Indiana - W
10/22 Purdue - W
10/29 @ Wisconsin - L
11/5 @ Ohio State - L
11/12 Minnesota - W
11/19 Maryland - W
11/25 @ Iowa - L

7-5

9/3 Fresno State WIN
9/10 Wyoming WIN
9/17 Oregon LOSS
9/24 @ Northwestern LOSS
10/1 Illinois WIN
10/15 @ Indiana WIN
10/22 Purdue WIN
10/29 @ Wisconsin LOSS
11/5 @ Ohio State LOSS
11/12 Minnesota WIN
11/19 Maryland WIN
11/25 @ Iowa LOSS

12/3 B1G Championship Game not going to be there

Pinstripe Bowl against Duke

My four concerns:

1. Who is on the offensive line and the defensive line?

2. Will it be Tommy Terrific or Tommy Horrific? After three years, that is the way he plays. He makes up his own rules at times, and will make bad decisions.

3. I still don't trust the coach, the offensive coordinator, and the defensive coordinator. The bowl win helped, but then I think of Illinois, Purdue, Miami, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Southern Miss, and Iowa. The BYU loss does not bother me.

4. The non-existent Pass Rush.

What I like:

1. Receiver Corps. What is not to like?
2. Punting game. I have been impressed with Sam Foltz since his freshman season.
3. Kicking game. Drew Brown ain't perfect, but he ain't bad
4. Running backs. Devine Ozigbo looks to be a reliable back.

Where I am confused the most
1. I am excited about the receiver recruits and the QB recruit, but I don't like emulating Texas Tech and Indiana(both lost their bowl games but can be exciting)

way too early for next season. is the pass defense going to get better in the offseason?

I think Oregon, Indiana, and Wiscy are all breaking in new QBs. so i actually think we have a shot in all 3 of those games. our defense can stop the run, so i think we can beat Northwestern as their QB wasn't that great at throwing, unless he gets a lot better, plus if we lose to Oregon our guys would hopefully be out for some blood in that game. Iowa is a toss up. Ohio State probably a loss.

i really think every single game hinges on TA and the offense. if DL/MR can call a game just like UCLA where he has 0 INTs and they are properly using his feet then it would fall on the defense to stop Oregon and Ohio State to go 12-0. if he throws INTs, then i see 8-4, with losses to Ohio State, Oregon, Iowa, and Wiscy.

Five or six losses if they forget how they reined in TA against UCLA. Two or three losses if they actually learned from the bowl game.

W 9/3 Fresno State
W 9/10 Wyoming
W 9/17 Oregon
W 9/24 @ Northwestern
W 10/1 Illinois
W 10/15 @ Indiana
W 10/22 Purdue
W 10/29 @ Wisconsin
W 11/5 @ Ohio State
W 11/12 Minnesota
W 11/19 Maryland
W 11/25 @ Iowa

W 12/3 B1G Championship Game

W CFP 1
W CFP 2

Looks like @HuskerPower52, @Tomhusker and @Smotis are the only ones who should be overly disappointed by this season.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed? No way. Big improvement over year one. Still some work to do. The future is bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.