• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska gets swept

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska got swept by UCLA over the weekend to bring their record to 3-7 but I still love the fight in this team. There is not quit in them. They got crushed 13-1 in the first game on friday and had to come out and play again that night. UCLA jumped out to an early 4-0 lead. Nebraska could have easily just sat down and crawled in a hole thinking the blowout was going to happen again. They fought back to make it a 5-3 game and in the 8th inning they had the bases loaded at the end of the inning. Now of course that goes back to Vinnie's comment about clutch hitting and not being very good at it but at least they are still fighting. Then again on saturday UCLA jumped out to an early 4-1 lead after 2 innings, but they didn't quit. Casey Hauptman came in in the 2nd inning and kept Nebraska in the game by pitching 6.1 innings allowing only 1 more run. Down 4-1 still in the 8th Nebraska was able to tie the game at 4. UCLA went on to score a run in the bottom of the 9th to win the game. The big thing in that game to me was Nebraska's inability to capitalize on UCLA's 3 errors.

I know people are still down on these guys from last year's bad season but me, "Mr. Negative", is still with them.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I like your location. Second of all I beleive in this team as well. I'm definitely going to more games this year.