• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Neat write up on OU vs Army

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams and fans showed to be a class act.

This is true.

Even on social media where everybody acts like a jackass, the Sooner fans were total class and respect after the game.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like letting the Army watch their team live? You greedy bastards
Pretty sure it was also on the American Forces Network too. Actually think its pretty cool Oklahoma went home and home.And will be visiting West Point in 2020 I believe. Hoping OU fans make the trip. Its a great area and venue

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't PPV a third tier right monies thing??
Keeping all of the proceeds I'm thinking.

How much money is that at $60 a subscription, divided with the cable company, minus production costs. Wonder how many people ordered the game.

I heard it was pretty high...50,000, something like that. Sounds like more than they would have got in ad revenue on a wider broadcast. I was a little surprised that the #5 team in the country was playing an FBS team on PPV, but money talks and Oklahoma has enough rabid fans with enough money to make it worth it apparently.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't PPV a third tier right monies thing??
Keeping all of the proceeds I'm thinking.

How much money is that at $60 a subscription, divided with the cable company, minus production costs. Wonder how many people ordered the game.

I also saw that somebody was streaming it on his phone to a twitch account that had 35,000 viewers.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good gesture by Army for sure, kudos to them.
If I had to guess, I would say that it was probably not unusual for them to leave the visitor locker room immaculate.

Good for them. All teams should police things up like this.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all play at Army in 2020 right? Hoping Oklahoma fans make the trip. West Point is a great venue

Agree. West Point is gorgeous. That being said, Navy will win the game this season. Go Navy!

Perhaps my biggest regret in the year I lived in Upstate New York was nt making it to an Army game at West Point. I did make it to Syracuse and to Cornell, but not West Point or Fordham (NY State's one true University.) I really regret missing out on Army.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure it was also on the American Forces Network too. Actually think its pretty cool Oklahoma went home and home.And will be visiting West Point in 2020 I believe. Hoping OU fans make the trip. Its a great area and venue

OU usually does home and homes which I love. Don't love the neutral site games in the south.... if ya know what I mean

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps my biggest regret in the year I lived in Upstate New York was nt making it to an Army game at West Point. I did make it to Syracuse and to Cornell, but not West Point or Fordham (NY State's one true University.) I really regret missing out on Army.
Its always seemed like a lot of people associate NY with NYC. Which I get I didn't care for living in Queens.Upstate NY is a beautiful area. Upstate NY is a beautiful area. I grew up in the Hudson Valley. West Point will always be one of my favorite venues. Between the view of the Hudson River and the Mountains. To the history on West Points military campus and the crowd in the stands. If you ever get a chance again. You should definitely hit an Army game

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU usually does home and homes which I love. Don't love the neutral site games in the south.... if ya know what I mean
Im not fond of Neutral site. I get its a "money grab" etc..But its just not the same thing. Ive got a lot of respect for teams that play home and home. If any Sooners fans make the West Point trip. Its well worth the trip. The people are very hospitable. Theres a lot to see and do in the area. I would be happy to give y'all suggestions on anything from Historical sites,Activities, places y'all just got to eat when you're here....

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only a 3 hour drive for me to West Point and I'm seriously thinking about it. I've been up that way along the Hudson and it's beautiful in the fall

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its always seemed like a lot of people associate NY with NYC. Which I get I didn't care for living in Queens.Upstate NY is a beautiful area. Upstate NY is a beautiful area. I grew up in the Hudson Valley. West Point will always be one of my favorite venues. Between the view of the Hudson River and the Mountains. To the history on West Points military campus and the crowd in the stands. If you ever get a chance again. You should definitely hit an Army game
That particular year, I was teaching at Ithaca College in the heart of the Finger Lakes region. And let me tell you - that is a remote part of New York. I had to drive through three states just to get to NYC!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That particular year, I was teaching at Ithaca College in the heart of the Finger Lakes region. And let me tell you - that is a remote part of New York. I had to drive through three states just to get to NYC!
Ithica is definitely up there. But its a nice area. A lot of hockey colleges up that way.I generally get up to Lake George once a year. Which is east of Ithaca just past Saratoga.I did enjoy Syracuse, West point is one of my favorite venues along with the LA Coliseum for obvious reasons. Always wanted to catch a game at South Bend tho. Haven't been yet