• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ndamukong Suh agrees to deal with Dolphins

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry may be a top notch oil man but he's pretty much proven himself to be a dumb GM until he proves otherwise.
Don't know how you got the idea Jerry is some kind of big time oil man. He's a shoe salesman who did a little wildcatting and leveraged everything to buy the Cowboys. Good credit I'm sure but he's still in hock up to his ass. He's just "American rich" and doesn't have any real wealth.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry may be a top notch oil man but he's pretty much proven himself to be a dumb GM until he proves otherwise.
Don't know how you got the idea Jerry is some kind of big time oil man. He's a shoe salesman who did a little wildcatting and leveraged everything to buy the Cowboys. Good credit I'm sure but he's still in hock up to his ass. He's just "American rich" and doesn't have any real wealth.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbest signing of all time for one of the best defensive players in the game? I think haynesworth was a lot worse no? Losing credibility bro...

Watt is better talent wise, is paid $10M both in total contract/guaranteed less, is 2-3 years younger, and brings no attitude probs or issues on the field (fines/stomps, etc.) which may cost Suh playing time if he gets frustrated.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried. Pats neturalized him pretty well in the game last season. Hardly heard his name mentioned.

I'd be a little worried if I were you. Miamis D got a lot of penetration on you guys last year without him. Plus I would worry for Brady in general given the dirty way Suh has been known to play. You know he will be playing to take Brady out. That's why I'm glad the Eagles didn't get him.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be a little worried if I were you. Miamis D got a lot of penetration on you guys last year without him. Plus I would worry for Brady in general given the dirty way Suh has been known to play. You know he will be playing to take Brady out. That's why I'm glad the Eagles didn't get him.

First game of the season the Pats were a mess, actually for the first 4 games. The second meeting in October the Pats ran the ball most of the day and Brady was 13-22 in a 27-17 win. Now that Miami has crapped their load on Suh they have much less money to address other needs.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt is better talent wise, is paid $10M both in total contract/guaranteed less, is 2-3 years younger, and brings no attitude probs or issues on the field (fines/stomps, etc.) which may cost Suh playing time if he gets frustrated.

People keep talking about JJ Watt. He signed before he was eligible for free agency. FA = massive leverage. Come on, you guys know how this works. If Watt was a FA he's be offered a hell of a lot more than this Suh deal.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep talking about JJ Watt. He signed before he was eligible for free agency. FA = massive leverage. Come on, you guys know how this works. If Watt was a FA he's be offered a hell of a lot more than this Suh deal.
jj is the best lineman i have have seen . that says alot with watching freeny and mathis dominate for years .

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope it works out for Miami, but I really feel it is a bad deal. 19 million a season for a DT? More money than Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Megatron? Suh is amazing.. but Miami has a tons of holes.. could have used 19 million in a few places. Oh well, should be fun to watch Wake and Suh on same DL.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep and the cap keeps going up so will the salaries. Like I said everyone goes whoa that was crazy until the next big contract comes around and then they don't look as bad. It's all about timing in FA....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game of the season the Pats were a mess, actually for the first 4 games. The second meeting in October the Pats ran the ball most of the day and Brady was 13-22 in a 27-17 win. Now that Miami has crapped their load on Suh they have much less money to address other needs.

They filled their biggest need with Suh that's why teams later in the year were running on them as they wore down. Won't happen this year. The rest of the holes will be filled mainly through the draft and a few smaller pick ups...I'm not worried as this team will be better next year you can count on it. Will the pats get better?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably so and I think Watt is the best D player in the league, but no D player is worth that kind of money.
That's franchise qb money man !!
And especially a dirty player like Suh, who you have to expect him to draw some big penalties, and miss some games for suspensions and maybe get his team fined.......Bad move IMO..:2cents:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many fins fans hated on Suh for being a dirty player and saying Suh should be banned from the NFL before knowing Suh was signing with the fins this year?
Doesn't matter if Suh becomes a Dolphin tomorrow.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They filled their biggest need with Suh that's why teams later in the year were running on them as they wore down. Won't happen this year. The rest of the holes will be filled mainly through the draft and a few smaller pick ups...I'm not worried as this team will be better next year you can count on it. Will the pats get better?

Lol!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They filled their biggest need with Suh that's why teams later in the year were running on them as they wore down. Won't happen this year. The rest of the holes will be filled mainly through the draft and a few smaller pick ups...I'm not worried as this team will be better next year you can count on it. Will the pats get better?[/QUOTE]
If you pay close attention, it doesn't matter. Most Pat fans see this as auto-pilot based on past accomplishments.
Miami's defense is certainly better and it hasn't been near bad recently.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably so and I think Watt is the best D player in the league, but no D player is worth that kind of money.
That's franchise qb money man !!
And especially a dirty player like Suh, who you have to expect him to draw some big penalties, and miss some games for suspensions and maybe get his team fined.......Bad move IMO..:2cents:

Very true...the old saying of the top positions in football...QB, LT, DE are probably still true...a DT can be a very disruptive force, and Suh is that, but he'd have to make or cause 3 or 4 splash plays per game to be worth $19 mil per.

The Dolphins will be a better DEF with him on it, but if they can't make the OFC better, they may not win a playoff game in the Suh era.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins reportedly 'nervous' deal with Ndamukong Suh will draw investigation

The Dolphins, per reports, have a six-year, $114 million deal with Ndamukong Suh set for when free agency begins, but that's against league rules.

The Dolphins are now in the league's crosshairs for breaking the rules of the tampering period and team officials are "nervous" about a potential investigation.

:pound:
bummer!!!!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Dolphins, per reports, have a six-year, $114 million deal with Ndamukong Suh set for when free agency begins, but that's against league rules.

bummer!!!!
Pretty sure this was done within the 3 day window, no? I know the NFL has their panties in a bunch with contract terms being thrown out, but that was kind of implied when negotiation was permitted. It's usually pretty damn hard to prove tampering too.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure this was done within the 3 day window, no? I know the NFL has their panties in a bunch with contract terms being thrown out, but that was kind of implied when negotiation was permitted. It's usually pretty damn hard to prove tampering too.

Yes it was but no, teams were forbidden from reaching specific contract terms.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was but no, teams were forbidden from discussing specific contract terms.
Apparently. Seems like you're punishing almost everyone in FA so far though. Seems more like more stupid language in their rulebook to me, and agents/owners exploited it. Just my 2 cents though. Smells like more deflategate weaksauce.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Dolphins are now in the league's crosshairs for breaking the rules of the tampering period and team officials are "nervous" about a potential investigation.

bummer!!!!

:yes: Additional picks for the Lions.