• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBADraft.net

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because there isn't a single team that would pick him until the teens. I don't have any insider information (no "I heards"), but by looking at the rosters, I don't see why the Raptors, Pistons, Hornets, Blazers or Bucks would take Harkless with Waiters, Lamb, Rivers, Lillard, Henson, Ross, Leonard and/or Zeller likely still on the board (not to mention talented "tweener" players like Perry and Terrence Jones and injury-roll-of-the-dice Sully). Unfortunately for the Warriors, there are at least two teams ahead of them that need a great wing defender as much as the Dubs.

I like Moe's game, but he can be had in the mid-teens. There is far too much talent in this draft to believe that he is a Top 10 pick. As far as Klay, you're right. He can't guard good threes in this game. Mullin got away with his slow feet because he played in a more physical time with an up-tempo offense and a coach that didn't emphasize D. Asking Thompson to guard Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay, etc. would be a disaster. I'm fine with drafting BPA (even though I prefer trading up and grabbing MKG or Barnes because either one also fills a need), but at 7, Moe Harkless is not that player.

This sums up everything I've said, thought or hoped for this whole off season.

However, I'm now feeling like Drummond will be there when we pick, and I wouldn't be upset with that.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are only 3 assets we have that are interesting enough (in addition to the #7 pick) to entice anybody above us to trade down: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Andrew Bogut.

Dorell Wright for 1 year is worthless to a bottom-feeder team.

Tyler, Jenkins don't have much value, they are risks to have a good NBA career.

The #30 pick is a flyer, you could use that to move up in the middle or end of the first round, but not at the top. #35 and #52 are even more worthless for "top of the draft" trade-up ideas.

The earliest future #1 pick we could offer (still) is in 2016 because of how we're still hung up with Utah. People won't be interested in that.

Lee is owed $57.1M over the next 4 years, which is overpaid in this age of the CBA. Teams may like his offensive talent, but not at that price.

I won't bother bringing up Biedrins or Jefferson, for obvious reasons.

Which brings us to Curry, Thompson, and Bogut.

Who do people want to give up, in order to trade up?

So let's stop that discussion, until people identify which of those 3 guys they're willing to include in a deal.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 3 assets we have that are interesting enough (in addition to the #7 pick) to entice anybody above us to trade down: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Andrew Bogut.

The #30 pick is a flyer, you could use that to move up in the middle or end of the first round, but not at the top. #35 and #52 are even more worthless for "top of the draft" trade-up ideas.

The earliest future #1 pick we could offer (still) is in 2016 because of how we're still hung up with Utah. People won't be interested in that.

Lee is owed $57.1M over the next 4 years, which is overpaid in this age of the CBA. Teams may like his offensive talent, but not at that price.

So let's stop that discussion, until people identify which of those 3 guys they're willing to include in a deal.

I vote for neither. Then I'll just sulk at missing out on a player that is a perfect fit.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those three are worth a first-rounder by themselves.

If Barnes or MKG slip past the Kings (not likely, but hear me out), I would be fine with trading Thompson for the Blazers' #6. I think Klay is worth a Top 10 pick by himself, at this point, but not Top 5. Portland desperately needs a good 2-guard that has proven more than Dion Waiters. That said, Waiters and Barnes on the Warriors would be pretty close to ideal.

Is Steph Curry worth a Top 5 pick by himself? If so, MKG and Lillard wouldn't be a bad draft either. However, It doesn't look like any of the Top 5 teams need a PG, except maybe New Orleans, but obviously, the number one pick is not available. That leaves us with one unlikely scenario and one virtually impossible one. Trade for Iggy or trade down.

Klay and D-Wright to the Kings for #5? I doubt they want another guard, but they could trade back into the Top 10 with their other assets, and still grab Drummond, Henson, Zeller, Leonard, etc. or trade into the teens for their wing defender... or trade for Iggy themselves.