• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA on TNT owns NBA on Disney

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing beats NBA on NBC, but TNT does a dang good job with productions and their announcers are 10x better. ESPECIALLY the studio folks.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing beats NBA on NBC, but TNT does a dang good job with productions and their announcers are 10x better. ESPECIALLY the studio folks.

Quit clinging to the past. The NBA in TNT is the best ever.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly - I never have been impressed with either - but yeah - If I had to choose KNBC guys are a bit better

That is because the old Lakers fans had the privilege of listening to Chick Hearn--simply the greatest announcer of anything ever! Chick and Stu could announce and analyze paint drying and it would be fascinating.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is because the old Lakers fans had the privilege of listening to Chick Hearn--simply the greatest announcer of anything ever! Chick and Stu could announce and analyze paint drying and it would be fascinating.

^^^TRUTH^^^

Los Angeles sports fans have been blessed with some of the greatest sports announcers ever. We had Chick Hearn calling Lakers games, still have Vin Scully calling Dodgers games and I remember when Dick Enberg was calling Rams games.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^TRUTH^^^

Los Angeles sports fans have been blessed with some of the greatest sports announcers ever. We had Chick Hearn calling Lakers games, still have Vin Scully calling Dodgers games and I remember when Dick Enberg was calling Rams games.

Don't forget Bob Miller calling the Kings games. Dude's been doing it since the 70's.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have to explain how great Chick was, so im going to talk about Stu. What I love about Stu, is that he is a teacher of the game. I love when he break down certain things. It's a reason why he runs a big man camp. What I love about him the most, is that he isn't bias towards the Lakers. Of course, he roots for them, but he isn't bias in his commentary towards the Lakers. If he feel like a call against the Lakers is legit, then he will let it be known. He also criticize the Lakers with no hesitation.

I really appreciate him because you have guys like the color guys who call tge Celtics and Cavs games, who are too bias.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Disney as a company. I invest a lot of my free money in their stock. NBA on ESPN sucks compared to NBA on TNT. And if anyone on here doesn't think the NBA on NBC was the best is either crazy or simply not old enough to remember it.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the trio of Marv Albert, Bill Walton, and Steve "Snapper" Jones. They had great chemistry.

Bill Walton was so freaking funny. Every game the greatest player in the history of the NBA was on the court. Once I figured out he was being tongue in cheek he became one of my favorite announcers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right about that. I got to talk to him once on the radio after the game. Never been any close to him

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the NBA TNT crew. Ernie, Chuck, Kenny and others do a good job of pre-game, halftime, and post-game shows.

But having Chuck and C-Webb commentate the game last night (Cavs Spurs) got really annoying, IMO. At times it felt like they were doing a halftime or postgame show... having extended discussions off topic... approving or disapproving of every shot selection... droning on about this or that.

I mean here we had one of the most entertaining games of the season... and they can't let us enjoy it. Commentating in game is a different art. You got to let the game unfold for the viewer. Less is more guys.

:2cents:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stu Lantz, James Worthy and Robert Horry/Antawn Jamison's combined IQ > all