• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of their money comes from advertising, netorks, etc but if you are suggesting the fans at the games that wont make your comment less absurd. Do you think they get a refund if Watson comes off the books?

Never mind you haven't, and likely wont answer, how to go about getting him off the books.
Where do the advertising folks get their money to give the team? Also in the street?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tap out, man. tap out...:heh:

Tap Out John Cena GIF by WWE
Maybe you can help him, my friend, and figure out how you are getting watson off the books? Never mind, if you do, there wont be a refund to the fans.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans paid the money? It's their money? I mean, I've seen 1-31 and never thought it was my money.....likely because it wasn't.

Technically yes, it is the fans money. The buy tickets, they buy "gear", they pay ridiculous prices for concessions and they buy stuff from the companies that pay to have their commercials run during games.

Obviously they aren't writing checks directly to the players, but a good chunk of money they spend because they are fans, ends up in the players pockets.

Plus, it's not as if he's not playing because of injury, which makes it worse, imo.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do the advertising folks get their money to give the team? Also in the street?
I think you are losing it here, my friend. They get it in most cases from selling their product....which they will still do without the NFL (products do sell in the offseason)

Can we just start with one simple question first.......how are you getting Watson off the payroll?

If you find an answer to that little issue are you thinking if they do get him off the payroll the fans will get some kind of a refund?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically yes, it is the fans money. The buy tickets, they buy "gear", they pay ridiculous prices for concessions and they buy stuff from the companies that pay to have their commercials run during games.

Obviously they aren't writing checks directly to the players, but a good chunk of money they spend because they are fans, ends up in the players pockets.

Plus, it's not as if he's not playing because of injury, which makes it worse, imo.
all true and guess what.....these are all choices fans make. If having Watson on the roster is so offensive they can choose not to buy the tickets, gear, concessions, etc.

If you say but the tickets are already paid for? OK, I'm sure you could sell them to someone else willing to pay.

But the real issue that for some reason thunder wont answer is how you are going about getting him off the payroll.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are losing it here, my friend. They get it in most cases from selling their product....which they will still do without the NFL (products do sell in the offseason)

Can we just start with one simple question first.......how are you getting Watson off the payroll?

If you find an answer to that little issue are you thinking if they do get him off the payroll the fans will get some kind of a refund?
You still don’t get it, the fans don’t give a f about the details, they are fans. As usual, you are overreacting, reaching, etc. All I said was the fans are invested and can’t be disregarded. The Texans have made huge mistakes that are going to take years to get past.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still don’t get it, the fans don’t give a f about the details, they are fans. As usual, you are overreacting, reaching, etc. All I said was the fans are invested and can’t be disregarded. The Texans have made huge mistakes that are going to take years to get past.

Couldn't agree more. It is so stupid what they're doing

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all true and guess what.....these are all choices fans make. If having Watson on the roster is so offensive they can choose not to buy the tickets, gear, concessions, etc.

If you say but the tickets are already paid for? OK, I'm sure you could sell them to someone else willing to pay.

But the real issue that for some reason thunder wont answer is how you are going about getting him off the payroll.

What does getting him off the payroll have to do with fans being bothered by how much the Texans are paying him to not to play?

First, we would need to know if the fans want him on the field or off the team. If it is the former, then getting him off the payroll wouldn't be the issue. If it's the latter, then it would be.

So no, it's not the necessarily the ''real issue''.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, what you said, to which I replied, was the fans think it's their money and my comment was, well, it's not...because it isn't.

I asked what they could have done to appease the fans if you still went forward with this kooky talk and wondered how they are getting Watson off the payroll. Haven't seen all your comments yet but so far have not seen an answer to that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. It is so stupid what they're doing
I agree, but not sure calling it stupid is agreeing with him in saying what they are paying Watson is the fans' money. Maybe you can help him and offer a way to dump Watson for them?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does getting him off the payroll have to do with fans being bothered by how much the Texans are paying him to not to play?

First, we would need to know if the fans want him on the field or off the team. If it is the former, then getting him off the payroll wouldn't be the issue. If it's the latter, then it would be.

So no, it's not the necessarily the ''real issue''.
It's not about fans being bothered in my comments. It's about fans thinking it is their money as he claimed which is kooky talk. Just saying they are annoyed he still gets to be paid is certainly reasonable, but this is more an issue with the CBA than the Texans as seems the only option if they don't want to pay him is release him (and he'd still get his signing bonus).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but not sure calling it stupid is agreeing with him in saying what they are paying Watson is the fans' money. Maybe you can help him and offer a way to dump Watson for them?

My point is he should be playing. If you can't find a trade partner then oh well. His ass should be playing. Sad thing is afc north is week and watson can probably lead them to 9 wins or so. Have a franchise qb and you are choosing to not play him lol just awful

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is he should be playing. If you can't find a trade partner then oh well. His ass should be playing. Sad thing is afc north is week and watson can probably lead them to 9 wins or so. Have a franchise qb and you are choosing to not play him lol just awful
No disagreement there at all (though correction it's the AFC South, which I know you are aware). Only the idea it's the fans money and doubling down on that ridiculousness.

Wonder if the League has silently forced them not to play him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not. I already showed why.
and I showed you why you are way off base. Everything you mentioned is done by choice. Fans can choose not to buy tickets, gear, concessions, products of sponsors, watch the games, etc. If so put off as he says, think he watched last night?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I showed you why you are way off base. Everything you mentioned is done by choice. Fans can choose not to buy tickets, gear, concessions, products of sponsors, watch the games, etc. If so put off as he says, think he watched last night?

lol

No you didn't. The was never any discussion on whether or not the fans pay by choice.

You said the following:

The fans paid the money? It's their money? I mean, I've seen 1-31 and never thought it was my money.....likely because it wasn't.

I responded that technically, the fans did pay the money and stated why.

You then tried to pivot to those "are all choices that fans make".

Whether paid by choice or by force, the money still came from the same place.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,571.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....it's like they are just willing to tank the season.....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,571.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been in CA for almost a week.....another week or so and back to MT before the move to Nashville mid month.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,571.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd just announced something interesting re: the USC coaching position.

Probably means next to nothing, but...

First, full disclosure...Cowherd is a USC fan. He follows the team, attends some practices and knows people in and around the program. Because of this, he calls at least one of the people he knows that are involved with a program almost every day.

He also has often said that when coaches are looking at other jobs...it's usually the wife who has the final say on where they end up.

He said that he has heard that 2 of USC's "targeted coaches" that he claims would be great hires for USC, already have "wife approval".

He refused to name the coaches.
Getting the wife's approval matters.