• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,096.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th round pick is an absolute steal for Pittsburgh.

But still, it's kind of a wtf are you doing? Wilson is a weird guy and brings his own chemistry issues into the locker room wherever he goes. No matter how many times you tell him Fields won't be competing with him, that's not how he or the team is gonna see it. So now you're adding this drama on top of Wilson's cornball ass.

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, Fields should have been the Steelers top target. The price was gonna be low, but I never would have guessed this low. I don't begrudge them at all for getting him. You do that every time. But it is eyebrow raising considering Wilson being on the roster now
If an injury around the League happens.....the Steelers could flip either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th round pick is an absolute steal for Pittsburgh.

But still, it's kind of a wtf are you doing? Wilson is a weird guy and brings his own chemistry issues into the locker room wherever he goes. No matter how many times you tell him Fields won't be competing with him, that's not how he or the team is gonna see it. So now you're adding this drama on top of Wilson's cornball ass.

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, Fields should have been the Steelers top target. The price was gonna be low, but I never would have guessed this low. I don't begrudge them at all for getting him. You do that every time. But it is eyebrow raising considering Wilson being on the roster now
Right.....and if you play Wilson which it seems they will be doing how do you know if you should pick up Field's option?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it.

I think they sign a guy like Dobbs or Huntley as a backup. If Russ can't cook for the Steelers....they draft one in '25.
Probably mentioned by now but if you hadn't heard the Browns signed Huntley.

Honestly have no idea what to make of it....just hope doesn't mean they are concerned about Watson recovery.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the move, the Steelers are a great organization that needed a qb. Look out.
They are a really good organization but the reason this "great organization needed a QB is their own 1st round QB was a bust for them....even worse? They let a guy on his way out make the pick for them.

Not very Steeler like.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s good, long ways to go to say that though.

he just won the TPC while playing half the tournament injured.

He will catch more comp when they join back up with LIV but he's going to end up top 10ish in terms of majors and wins.

Not saying he's Tiger or anything but he will be bigger than anyone since.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He will catch more comp when they join back up with LIV but he's going to end up top 10ish in terms of majors and wins.

And like I said, long ways to go to say best of his generation. Jon Rahm, Rory McIlroy, Victor Hovland, Justin Thomas, Jordan Speith, Koepka, etc. he could get where you are saying, just so much talent out there though.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I said, long ways to go to say best of his generation. Jon Rahm, Rory McIlroy, Victor Hovland, Justin Thomas, Jordan Speith, Koepka, etc. he could get where you are saying, just so much talent out there though.

there is a good group and man I hope they join back up

I think he's going to be that guy and it won't even be close

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson gave one corny ass speech at the practice facility and the Steelers were like "Nah, get Chicago on the phone ASAP"

They got him for a future 6th after getting more than that by dumping Pickett. Easy choice.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be more than that 5th year option. I would be surprised if both are still on the roster past the trade deadline.

Depends. From what's been said, the Steelers have told Fields the Wilson is the starter and they want to develop him. If they just get numbers in the neighborhood of what he did in Denver last season, he'll be their stater all season.

Unless Wilson gets hurt or just sucks...they will decide in the off-season what to do with each of them imo.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,096.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. From what's been said, the Steelers have told Fields the Wilson is the starter and they want to develop him. If they just get numbers in the neighborhood of what he did in Denver last season, he'll be their stater all season.

Unless Wilson gets hurt or just sucks...they will decide in the off-season what to do with each of them imo.
Probably but if a QB goes down they could receive calls on both knowing the Steelers have 2 capable starting QB's on their team. Be tempting to trade one if a team gets desperate.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is way more competition now overall.

Some think Rory has underachieved for his ridiculous expectations. He has 4 Majors and 24 career wins and only 34 years old.

Scottie is 27 years old. 8 career wins and only one major. He is just getting started and got started a bit late

Definitely a long way to go. If he keeps playing like this over the next 7-8 years his numbers could be like Rory's or better. With LIV now there is a bit less competition but overall compared to decades ago definitely more competition and with analytics, science, etc. guys are perfecting their game.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is way more competition now overall.

Some think Rory has underachieved for his ridiculous expectations. He has 4 Majors and 24 career wins and only 34 years old.

Scottie is 27 years old. 8 career wins and only one major. He is just getting started and got started a bit late

Definitely a long way to go. If he keeps playing like this over the next 7-8 years his numbers could be like Rory's or better. With LIV now there is a bit less competition but overall compared to decades ago definitely more competition and with analytics, science, etc. guys are perfecting their game.

I Think the Saudis are going to end up buying the whole thing anyway. So they will all be back together

Regardless...with how he's playing it won't matter