• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hater!" - Heat "fans" on SportsHoopla

Most NBA sports threads with actual content became obsolete because Laker fans all of the sudden 'hated' how James left the Cavs ( like they really gave a fuck).

It had nothing to do with the Heat becoming the talk/powerhouse of the league while at the same time dethroning the Lakers from it.:whistle:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrogant motherfuckers hold a Championship celebration before their first practice. And it wasn't the team, it was Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh.

A few months later when they're struggling?

"Why is all the attention on us?" - D-Wade

absolutely incredible. :L

"Championship Celebration"?
Was a banner raised?
Maybe that's why the team wasn't there :scratch:
We do that in October.

For people who didn't like our FA signing/ fan celebration, tough shit.:yahoo:
Did anyone make you watch?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10363944_770653062979431_4530376538622045890_n.jpg

Shoveyjoe

El Flaco
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrogant motherfuckers hold a Championship celebration before their first practice. And it wasn't the team, it was Lebron, D-Wade and Bosh.

A few months later when they're struggling?

"Why is all the attention on us?" - D-Wade

absolutely incredible. :L

Arrogant yet I am sure you loved Kobe and Shaq.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Becuase, otherwise, they would've had dozens of high caliber free agents lined up at the door.

I hope you use the word "hate" here very loosely and I wonder how you feel about the other hundreds of NBA free agents who moved on to better situations.

if 100's of other free agents held a one hour special to announce they were leaving their hometown team and left them in the dark, while stringing them along without even the decency to give them ample time to attempt to go after other free agents. i'd hate them too.

As for "The Decision"...
1) LeBron had way less of a part in that than people think.
2) It effectively took millions of dollars out of the hands of Disney and put them in the hands of boys and girls.

LMAO -- please tell me you are not serious. An hour long special built solely around a single player, on something that would take him 5 seconds to announce and he had little to do with it?!?! Really?

Lebron is a tremendous player. He is the best player in the NBA right now and has been for the last couple years. I just lost all respect for him as a person, not because he skipped town on Cleveland, but because of HOW he did it.

If he had told the Cavs from the get go -- Look -- it isn't happening, I want to win a championship and we can't get the players I need to win one here in Cleveland, so I'm going to sign elsewhere -- No one would have a problem with LBJ.

It is everything that surrounded his decision to leave, from the timing of it, to the hour long special, to Wade, Bosh and James having an interview with just those three and making that obnoxious comment about winning 7 straight or whatever it was.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Championship Celebration"?
Was a banner raised?
Maybe that's why the team wasn't there
We do that in October.

For people who didn't like our FA signing/ fan celebration, tough shit.
Did anyone make you watch?

I love the fans who talk as if they are part of the team:laugh3:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if 100's of other free agents held a one hour special to announce they were leaving their hometown team and left them in the dark, while stringing them along without even the decency to give them ample time to attempt to go after other free agents. i'd hate them too.

Originally you stated there were 2 reasons you hated him. 1) He left his hometown for a better situation. 2) The decision.
So you're removing reason #1 now, then?

LMAO -- please tell me you are not serious. An hour long special built solely around a single player, on something that would take him 5 seconds to announce and he had little to do with it?!?! Really?

If you think "The Decision".. from the initial idea, to the negotiation, to the production was the doings of LeBron James than you are very naive, IMO.

Or are you asking if I'm serious about millions of dollars being taken from Disney and handed to the Boys and Girls club because of the decision? Yes, I'm serious. ESPN stood to gain millions of dollars when the news of LeBron broke. People all over the world were going to tune in for that news. The Decision forced ESPN to give the money that they were going to make anyway to a charity.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear you, but in this context it makes sense. The FA signing party was a Miami Heat Fan / Ticket Holder Event, not a player team event.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all, in general, people talk like that all the time.
People with a brain can reference it and put it in perspective.

Second, since I am a STH, I was invited, and therefore was a part of it.
I did say fan celebration. Correct?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrogant yet I am sure you loved Kobe and Shaq.

Plus their entire fan base was orgasmic when they thought/ hoped that Howard/Paul were fucking over their current teams they were under contract with to join theirs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another question?

Why do teams raise banners on opening night vs a private ceremony?

Isn't it because so "we" fans can be there to celebrate it with them?

The players would prefer to not do it right before the game.
It becomes a distraction.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most NBA sports threads with actual content became obsolete because Laker fans all of the sudden 'hated' how James left the Cavs ( like they really gave a fuck).

It had nothing to do with the Heat becoming the talk/powerhouse of the league while at the same time dethroning the Lakers from it.:whistle:

So in LBJ's 2nd year with the Heat? Dallas made sure Miami wasn't the powerhouse in 6 games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is most of these guys are.frontrunners. If miami win g2, 95% of the LeBron haters will go hide under a rock again just as they did after miami won g2 of the ecf