• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do either of these teams beat the dubs when healthy? Even without KD, I think they win the title this year if healthy. Next year, they’ll probably use Wiggins and a pick to get another superstar. This feels like a race to be the second best. It’s kind of like the rockets when Jordan left.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is the best way you guys win. The Lakers seem to not be able to play with AD in foul trouble. I am guessing it doesn't happen very often so i will give vogal a pass for his weird rotations....Not like he has a lot to work with off the bench....I would have given waiters a shot tho

Butler should hunt AD on switches and crash into him every chance he gets so that he can draw fouls.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do either of these teams beat the dubs when healthy? Even without KD, I think they win the title this year if healthy. Next year, they’ll probably use Wiggins and a pick to get another superstar. This feels like a race to be the second best. It’s kind of like the rockets when Jordan left.

Dubs will be two years older though. But gotta say will be nice having them back

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am convinced that Vogal threw that game...How else could you explain those rotations? He even had Jr smith in there launching three's lol

AD in foul trouble, when he never is

It all smells funny tbh...

But we all know the final results will be...
Uhhh, AD was definitely in foul trouble throughout the game.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does this do to have with anything? Golden State, once healthy is bringing back a completely different roster. Pre-KD, they had a really strong bench coupled with 3 young all-stars. Draymond is old now and not what he used to be. Klay and Steph appear to be the same.

Having said that, Golden State also had been two 5 straight NBA Finals. They broke down physically as evident by that Toronto series last year. So no, this title for whichever team wins is not tainted.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers came out flat and the Heat came out like the Heat. Every time the Lakers came back and took the lead they acted like the thought that was it and the Heat would fold. Hopefully, they learned different and will play like they have the following game after the other playoff losses in game 4.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers came out flat and the Heat came out like the Heat. Every time the Lakers came back and took the lead they acted like the thought that was it and the Heat would fold. Hopefully, they learned different and will play like they have the following game after the other playoff losses in game 4.

Most teams would have folded but not the Heat

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy forced lebron into 7 turnovers when the primary defender. Also, it was great to see the Heat stop playing into the Lakers hands and switching that screen which usually led to Duncan on Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Vogel, I'm spending todays practice paraphrasing Apollo Creeds Trainer in Rocky..."The Heat don't know this is an exhibition. They think it's a damn fight".

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this do to have with anything? Golden State, once healthy is bringing back a completely different roster. Pre-KD, they had a really strong bench coupled with 3 young all-stars. Draymond is old now and not what he used to be. Klay and Steph appear to be the same.

Having said that, Golden State also had been two 5 straight NBA Finals. They broke down physically as evident by that Toronto series last year. So no, this title for whichever team wins is not tainted.
Yeah, not even the same team that went to many Finals and won the titles they won.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You’re playing for second best. I hope the heat win, but covid and lack of the dubs absolutely taints the title.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re playing for second best. I hope the heat win, but covid and lack of the dubs absolutely taints the title.

Something tells me if this was the Bulls close to winning a title, you'd feel different. If anything, whoever wins this title, it should be looked at with a little more respect considering everything they've had to do to make this happen.