• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehm... really?

Look, I have a lot of respect for the Heat. If the Lakers weren’t in the Finals I’d be rooting for them.

But the Lakers are a complete matchup nightmare for Miami. They have absolutely nobody to guard AD and Lebron.
"absolutely nobody"? Look, I see LA winning, but what about Butler and Bam?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? Bam is completely outmatched against AD.

In the regular season Bam scored a grand total of 23 points against AD. Davis had 59. This isn’t even close.
2 whole game sample size? Hmm....I guess by your "logic" Markkanen could slow him down as AD only scored 14 on the Bulls on 6-15 shooting.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is your prediction for the series then?
I say LA in 6, but doesn't mean I don't think Butler and Bam can't slow Lebron/AD down as well as most could...which doesn't mean they wont "get theirs".

They are a tough matchup for anyone.....but they wont have their way with Miami more than they would most based on this matchup IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm here. Actually went 'away' for weekend to new local Hard Rock.
We should have known it would be an All Disney Finals.
Not that I ever wish any injuries on anyone, but I think the Heat is 1 A.D. injury away from winning the title.
Either way, great season by both teams.
The NBA did a great job, and found a way to complete this season.
Very true for NBA....really, so far, for MLB as well even though no bubble.....and NFL so far.

congrats to your team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought i was the only one who noticed this. The league and espn/abc is so pissed to see the Heat doing well

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Los Angeles:

There's a clear mismatch in this series. IMO, there's noone on the Heat that will be able to guard LeBron. LeBron is gonna be a problem all series long. If AD can keep attacking the rim and if a 3rd player shine on a nightly basis, I don't see LA having an issue winning this series. Not to mention, LeBron is on a mission and that mission isn't completed until he wins another title and he's in the best position, talent/roster wise, since 16-17, the last year with Kyrie. This is the whole reason AD came to LA. To win a title and it's almost destiny that LA wins the title this year.

For Miami:

I never would've thought that this team would be playing in the Finals this soon. I figured their future was great. Herro shows great talent last year, Bam has been a shining star out of nowhere this year, the addition of Jimmy Butler has obviously made the difference for Miami. This team just seems to gel so much on the floor and when they get on a roll, it's really hard to stop them. Plus, the Miami defense is just incredible.

Final Thoughts:

This to me will be a great series. Two great teams to end what may be the best playoff basketball we've seen in quite sometime. If Miami were facing a different team from the West, I would pick Miami in a heartbeat to win the championship and it wouldn't even be close. But, there's just so much stacked in favor of LA right now, not just talent either but destiny. A very very weird stat but it's a pattern...LeBron won his first title in his 2nd year with his new team after free agency, the Miami Heat. He won his 3rd title in his 2nd year with his new team after free agency, the Cleveland Cavaliers. This is now his 2nd year with his new team after free agency, the Los Angeles Lakers. It's fate. LeBron James will win # 4 and the Lakers will win their 17th title and first since 09-10.

Final Prediction: Lakers in 6

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the regular season Bam scored a grand total of 23 points against AD. Davis had 59. This isn’t even close.

Yeah, your original comment was wrong.

Bam might literally be the best defensive matchup in the entire league for AD and Butler/Crowder, Iggy, Derrick Jones JR and even Bam can take turns on LeBron.

AD is a better player than Bam and nobody can actually guard him effectively, so he should post better numbers. But the Heat match up pretty damn well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Los Angeles:

There's a clear mismatch in this series. IMO, there's noone on the Heat that will be able to guard LeBron. LeBron is gonna be a problem all series long. If AD can keep attacking the rim and if a 3rd player shine on a nightly basis, I don't see LA having an issue winning this series. Not to mention, LeBron is on a mission and that mission isn't completed until he wins another title and he's in the best position, talent/roster wise, since 16-17, the last year with Kyrie. This is the whole reason AD came to LA. To win a title and it's almost destiny that LA wins the title this year.

For Miami:

I never would've thought that this team would be playing in the Finals this soon. I figured their future was great. Herro shows great talent last year, Bam has been a shining star out of nowhere this year, the addition of Jimmy Butler has obviously made the difference for Miami. This team just seems to gel so much on the floor and when they get on a roll, it's really hard to stop them. Plus, the Miami defense is just incredible.

Final Thoughts:

This to me will be a great series. Two great teams to end what may be the best playoff basketball we've seen in quite sometime. If Miami were facing a different team from the West, I would pick Miami in a heartbeat to win the championship and it wouldn't even be close. But, there's just so much stacked in favor of LA right now, not just talent either but destiny. A very very weird stat but it's a pattern...LeBron won his first title in his 2nd year with his new team after free agency, the Miami Heat. He won his 3rd title in his 2nd year with his new team after free agency, the Cleveland Cavaliers. This is now his 2nd year with his new team after free agency, the Los Angeles Lakers. It's fate. LeBron James will win # 4 and the Lakers will win their 17th title and first since 09-10.

Final Prediction: Lakers in 6

Again,

if you are arguing from the standpoint that nobody can guard LeBron, okay.

The Heat have more big bodied, athletic, defensive minded wings than any other team I can think of. And they are able to hide lesser defenders on guys like Danny Green and KCP.

The Lakers appear to be the better team, but the narrative that the Heat can’t match up just isn’t accurate. They match up quite well, IMO.

This series is going to come down to
theses things:

Lakers:
1) LeBron and AD need to be great
2) role players need to make open shots
3) Vogel needs to be faster with adjustments than he has been all playoffs. Can’t take him 3 games to figure out his rotations against a team that can really test the Laker style. I struggle to see a role for McGee here

Heat:
1) Bam must stay out of foul trouble
2) Shooters have to hit shots
3) Spoelstra has to win the coaching matchup by a good bit

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you watch the regular season games? Bam clearly isn't the same player he was at the start of the season. This isn't Bam from November or early December which was the 2x they played the Lakers. Also the heat as a whole got better defensively since then and the primary defender on AD in those games is now the biggest cheerleader on our bench

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 whole game sample size? Hmm....I guess by your "logic" Markkanen could slow him down as AD only scored 14 on the Bulls on 6-15 shooting.

There's really nothing you can take from games in early November and December of 2019. The Heat aren't the team they were and obviously made roster changes.. im sure the same can be said for the Lakers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the key in the Denver series was Jokic needs to stay out of foul trouble...that is the same key here. Bam needs to stay out of foul trouble. They have no other big men. Now it will be interesting, I think the Lakers could play a rotation like they did vs Houston...with the lack of big men for Miami. It’s hard seeing them having a lineup of Dwight and AD out there bur we will see. That favors Miami.
They do have a bunch of guys they can throw at Lebron, which is good for foul count alone but if Butler is the main defender.
Also, Bam has been feasting in every matchup. This will be the toughest matchup for him from an offensive standpoint too. It goes both ways.
It will ultimately come down to role players, who can make shots and who cant though.
I will say Miami doesn’t have one player close to the level of the way Murray or Jokic was playing but they have more depth. I feel like Butler has to be more than the 3rd best option offensively for Miami to win this series. Last series they had 4 guys that basically scored 20 a game...hard seeing that happen against LA. Either Butler, Herro or Bam needs to play at another level.

This game could go 5, 6 or 7 gamez depending on a lot of things but I’ll go Lakers in 5.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really nothing you can take from games in early November and December of 2019. The Heat aren't the team they were and obviously made roster changes.. im sure the same can be said for the Lakers
I am picking the Heat to win the Championship.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true for NBA....really, so far, for MLB as well even though no bubble.....and NFL so far.

congrats to your team.

Bitter sweet, because it would be so much fun to be able to attend a Finals vs LeBron and the Lakers, but who knows if under normal conditions if the Heat would have made it without home court in any round.