• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph is a franchise player.

He missed a game winner.

So, despite all the other Shit he's done in his career, he's no longer clutch, right?

Because one play is enough to undo everything else....lol

When have I said franchise players can't miss game winners? And how did we even get on THAT subject? We're talking about LBJ & his inability to LEAD his team in those crucial moments in THAT particular game. I never once talked about ANY OTHER game.

I gave you an example of LBJ dribbling the ball off his foot to show that it happens to the best of them...after YOU used that as an example.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct, it might have cost him the game - but my point is that is hardly a mental midget moment.

Not knowing the score in a FINALS game and/or the STAR PLAYER not knowing if you have timeouts in a CLOSE FINALS game are different things - and yes they are and have been viewed as mental mistakes.
I'm sorry, dribbling is a basketball fundamental that should be as natural as breathing.

If you can't remember how to do something as fundamental as bouncing the ball, you must be a mental midget.....

See how ridiculous that sounds?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron knew the score.

Jr. didn't and you just said that we shouldn't blame JR.

I'm confused.

Seriously, just be honest....

You hate him and will bash him any opportunity you get.

I was the same way with Kobe.

...and am still that way with Draymond, Smart and a few others.

I'm just more honest about it...lol
I think you are misunderstanding my point.

Of course LBJ knew the score. But, he didn't know if they had any timeouts left - from his own admission. That is where my problem with him comes in. When we consider that Lue told us they were all aware of the timeout situation, what else is there to think in terms of LBJ's mental focus?

I think they share blame because THEY STILL HAD A CHANCE TO WIN THAT GAME in OT. Knowing that, LBJ as the leader should've went to JR & had a quick pep talk to get him back in the game. LBJ acted like JRs mental lapse cost them the game. It did not. It only cost them a chance to win in regulation.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have I said franchise players can't miss game winners? And how did we even get on THAT subject? We're talking about LBJ & his inability to LEAD his team in those crucial moments in THAT particular game. I never once talked about ANY OTHER game.

I gave you an example of LBJ dribbling the ball off his foot to show that it happens to the best of them...after YOU used that as an example.
Yes, it happens to the best of them.

It's called a human moment.

But, when it's LeBron, you question his leadership, his mental makeup and his basketball IQ.

Not calling a timeout.

Not knowing the score.

Not concentrating on catching the ball before you try to dribble...

Forearming Dude's in the throat....

Screaming at the refs every play.....

Shouldn't we question all these guys IQ?

Draymond has a meltdown, cursing at the refs, coach whomever.....he's passionate.

Lebron puts his head in his hands on the bench and he's a bad leader?

That's hypocrisy, my friend.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, dribbling is a basketball fundamental that should be as natural as breathing.

If you can't remember how to do something as fundamental as bouncing the ball, you must be a mental midget.....

See how ridiculous that sounds?
As ridiculous as a player should be able to dribble, watch his feet at all times AND make the right basketball play? lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it happens to the best of them.

It's called a human moment.

But, when it's LeBron, you question his leadership, his mental makeup and his basketball IQ.

Not calling a timeout.

Not knowing the score.

Not concentrating on catching the ball before you try to dribble...

Forearming Dude's in the throat....

Screaming at the refs every play.....

Shouldn't we question all these guys IQ?

Draymond has a meltdown, cursing at the refs, coach whomever.....he's passionate.

Lebron puts his head in his hands on the bench and he's a bad leader?

That's hypocrisy, my friend.
So let's get back to the point - because here you're lumping everything together & it's clearly out of context.

When did LBJ dribble off his foot & I call that a mental mistake on his part?

I said it was a mental mistake that he DIDN'T know they had a timeout.

This is basketball & the object of the game is to SCORE. So if a basketball player doesn't know the score, yes that's a mental mistake & I think that's pretty clear cut & a consensus across many forums.

Not sure why Dray screaming at refs is even in this debate - other than to muddy the waters.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As ridiculous as a player should be able to dribble, watch his feet at all times AND make the right basketball play? lol
Why not?

Hill could have hit his free throw.

Jr could have just went up for a shot, made it or gotten fouled....

TY Lue could have called timeout.

But, according to YOU, it's Lebron's fault and lack of IQ, leadership.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's get back to the point - because here you're lumping everything together & it's clearly out of context.

When did LBJ dribble off his foot & I call that a mental mistake on his part?

I said it was a mental mistake that he DIDN'T know they had a timeout.

This is basketball & the object of the game is to SCORE. So if a basketball player doesn't know the score, yes that's a mental mistake & I think that's pretty clear cut & a consensus across many forums.

Not sure why Dray screaming at refs is even in this debate - other than to muddy the waters.
A mental mistake is a mental mistake.

You have unfair expectations for LeBron is my point.

He makes a mistake and you skewer him.

But, you don't do that to any other player.

You have a bias.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not?

Hill could have hit his free throw.

Jr could have just went up for a shot, made it or gotten fouled....

TY Lue could have called timeout.

But, according to YOU, it's Lebron's fault and lack of IQ, leadership.
Ok I see the problem here. You think I'm only singling out LBJ.

I think they ALL can share the blame. Is that better?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are silly...lol

Unlike you Goddamn cavemen on this site, All day and I know how to disagree and then keep it moving!

giphy.gif

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A mental mistake is a mental mistake.

You have unfair expectations for LeBron is my point.

He makes a mistake and you skewer him.

But, you don't do that to any other player.

You have a bias.
Well clearly I've given you examples of when I thought Dray could've been better - and I also said that at the time of the incidents (using Dray since that's the example you've been using).

Yes, as the FRANCHISE player I expect more & that is the case with them all. Clearly you & others like to give LBJ passes - like in the case with him not playing defense. Even though it is a consensus that he SHOULD play better defense.

We're not going to agree on LBJ - but I am willing to bet he probably thinks he should've known they had a timeout in that game.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I see the problem here. You think I'm only singling out LBJ.

I think they ALL can share the blame. Is that better?

Why you gotta take the wind out of my sails by being all agreeable?

Yeah, that pretty much ends my argument.

This is some bullshit.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are silly...lol

Unlike you Goddamn cavemen on this site, All day and I know how to disagree and then keep it moving!

giphy.gif

I just think the back & forth between you 2 is hilarious. And you'll never get LAD to change her mind about LeBron. He could go out tonight put up 50-15-12 & she would still be overly critical. Which is fine, we all got our player(s) we don't care for.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the back & forth between you 2 is hilarious. And you'll never get LAD to change her mind about LeBron. He could go out tonight put up 50-15-12 & she would still be overly critical. Which is fine, we all got our player(s) we don't care for.
Yeah, I love it when she and I get into our mini brawls.

It's always fun and hella funny because we are both sarcastic and ridiculously dug in.

In fairness, I did move the goalposts in this argument...lmfao

Yeah, I know I will never change her, nor @ChiefsLakers67 mind about LeBron.

But, he's more like me with being honest about the fact that we have irrational hate for no good reason...lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have given him props on his historical play - I just don't do it EVERY day. And the only reason I am questioning his IQ in that final regulation play is BECAUSE he had been so spectacular in giving his team a chance to win up to that point.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers fan (except CL) getting excited?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have given him props on his historical play - I just don't do it EVERY day. And the only reason I am questioning his IQ in that final regulation play is BECAUSE he had been so spectacular in giving his team a chance to win up to that point.

Shit he's not a robot. Even all time greats have bad moments on the court. I'm sure you have given LeBron props in the past. But to be honest I can't remember you ever saying something decent about him. A legit question, and don't get mad! Does LeBron bother you so much because he's better than Kobe was? Don't laugh, through 14 full seasons LeBron averages more points, rebounds, assist, steals, blocks, has a better FG% & surprisingly even a better 3 pt. %. I have never liked Kobe but always gave him the respect he deserves for the great career he had though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I love it when she and I get into our mini brawls.

It's always fun and hella funny because we are both sarcastic and ridiculously dug in.

In fairness, I did move the goalposts in this argument...lmfao

Yeah, I know I will never change her, nor @ChiefsLakers67 mind about LeBron.

But, he's more like me with being honest about the fact that we have irrational hate for no good reason...lol

Well keep the party going! I can add some off the wall nonsense to this debate if necessary.:D