• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks it is safe to say this series is over has not seen LeBron in the playoffs over the last 4 years. Until this goes 3-0 or 3-1 in favor of GS I am not counting out the Cavs.

who's counting them out...?

I will if the Dubs win game 3 though...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's counting them out...?

I will if the Dubs win game 3 though...

I counted them out the moment they ended the Celtics season. I still think it's amazing that LeBron was able to drag that awful roster back to the Finals though.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks it is safe to say this series is over has not seen LeBron in the playoffs over the last 4 years. Until this goes 3-0 or 3-1 in favor of GS I am not counting out the Cavs.

the only reason Lebron came back from 3-1 down to 2 years ago was injuries to bogut and green”s suspension That never would have happened even if just green didn’t get suspended . And KD wasn’t there. Lebron didn’t have as much to do with the cavs comeback as those two things hurt GS

This series is OVER. Well it was over before it started but anyways. You get the point

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind Cowherd as I agree with most of the things he says. Problem is, the stuff I don't agree with, I vehemently disagree with.

I can only tolerate Cowturd if I hit the es-pan-yo-le-o button on my remote. This way I pretty much have no idea what the hell he's blathering about. I took 2 years of Spanish in HS but really only remember how to count from 1 to 10 & ask for a beer.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only tolerate Cowturd if I hit the es-pan-yo-le-o button on my remote. This way I pretty much have no idea what the hell he's blathering about. I took 2 years of Spanish in HS but really only remember how to count from 1 to 10 & ask for a beer.

I know how to ask where the library is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Russell's Celtics are the first super team. They completely dominated the league.

Another early super team from that era was when Chamberlain went to the Lakers to team up with Elgin Baylor and Jerry West. (They lost as favorites in the finals to Boston in 7 games)

Aware of those teams, but never saw them. That's why I said earliest that I remember.

I started following the Lakers in 1970. The '72 Lakers could probably be considered a super team. But Chamberlain, West and Baylor were all in their 30's and Baylor actually retired a few games into the season.

I agree that the 80's Celtics and Lakers could be classified as super teams but they were still built mostly through the draft and by making trades, not the same as FA's taking less money to join together.

I never said they were built the same way. In fact, I said "they were built in a different way than Lebron's super teams, but they were still super teams."

Another super team that sometimes gets overlooked because they didn't win it all was when the Lakers brought in Karl Malone and Gary Payton to join up with Shaq and Kobe. I would say that team was kind of the blueprint for the modern day super teams but it was probably the Celtics Big 3 that got the ball rolling on all this madness.

I agree. I've said all along that they were a super team. Although, similar to the Rockets, Malone and Payton were past their primes and Shaq was coming to the end of his.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind Cowherd as I agree with most of the things he says. Problem is, the stuff I don't agree with, I vehemently disagree with.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same. He also admits when he's wrong. Which is pretty rare in the media these days.

Even has a segment called "Where Colin was right and where Colin was wrong."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know how to ask where the library is.

From my younger days when I used to go to Rosarito Beach and Puerto Nuevo 2-3 weekends a month...I know how to ask for more beer and lobster.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it goes 4 or 5 max---- but like i have been saying- if it somehow, someway gets to 6- which i dont think it will at this point- i think itll go 7

So you're saying somebody could now win in 4, 5, 6 or 7 games?

Well done wiggy

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like you saw Hou winning the West?
I don't know, that "ran out of gas excuse " is usually reserved for the road team in a game 7, not the favorite who is playing at home and has the crowd pushing them on. What I saw was more a choke job than being too tired.
Just like you saw Hou winning the West?
Yea, that "ran out of gas" excuse is usually reserved for the road team in game 7 of a series. Not the home favorite with the crowd behind them to spur them on. What I saw was uyour standard run of the mill choke where no one could make a bucket for 4 and a half minutes. No team can go more than a third of a quarter without scoring; especially if that is the 4th quarter of game 7 in the finals and expect to win.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're hanging around without James doing a lot. Kinda annoyed at the Warriors lack of intensity.
I'm sure the fact that you might be annoyed scares the hell out them.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, that "ran out of gas excuse " is usually reserved for the road team in a game 7, not the favorite who is playing at home and has the crowd pushing them on. What I saw was more a choke job than being too tired.

Yea, that "ran out of gas" excuse is usually reserved for the road team in game 7 of a series. Not the home favorite with the crowd behind them to spur them on. What I saw was uyour standard run of the mill choke where no one could make a bucket for 4 and a half minutes. No team can go more than a third of a quarter without scoring; especially if that is the 4th quarter of game 7 in the finals and expect to win.
So, don't BOTH teams travel during a series?? lol