• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he has defensive liabilities. Curry is an average defender. He's not good, he's not bad. If he didn't have any defensive liabilities, they wouldn't have had to switch Klay on to Westbrook, Lillard, etc.

You could even argue that he is an above average defender given his defensive statistics, such as DFG% and leading the league in steals, but yeah, he's definitely not an excellent defender. He's struggled this postseason, but his DFG% is still about 4 percent lower than the usual FG% of the guy he is guarding.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another hypothetical: You're the GM and the NBA is doing a complete re-draft. You have the #1 overall pick. LeBron is the no-brainer pick.

They should just rename the "MVP" award to "Player of the Year". If people are being honest about what most VALUABLE means, then LeBron wins it every year.

LeBron James is turning 32 in December. I'm not so sure that LeBron would be the #1 overall pick for every GM.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could even argue that he is an above average defender given his defensive statistics, such as DFG% and leading the league in steals, but yeah, he's definitely not an excellent defender. He's struggled this postseason, but his DFG% is still about 4 percent lower than the usual FG% of the guy he is guarding.

Yeah I can see the argument. But the thing is Klay Thompson is really a great defender, but his metric rate him as a below average defender. I'm really not sure how it works, but with every stat, there's always some give and take with how it's interpreted.

At times I've seen Curry be a focused defender and very good. At other times I've seem him a bit listless and foul prone making a few bad decisions defensively. That's why I say he's about an average defender. He would be above average for me if he was a bit more consistent to my eye test.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I can see the argument. But the thing is Klay Thompson is really a great defender, but his metric rate him as a below average defender. I'm really not sure how it works, but with every stat, there's always some give and take with how it's interpreted.

At times I've seen Curry be a focused defender and very good. At other times I've seem him a bit listless and foul prone making a few bad decisions defensively. That's why I say he's about an average defender. He would be above average for me if he was a bit more consistent to my eye test.

Klay's DFG% has been awesome this postseason. He's holding guys to 34.6% when their regular FG% is 44.6%. I would expect his regular season stat to be good, too.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James is turning 32 in December. I'm not so sure that LeBron would be the #1 overall pick for every GM.

He wouldn't be mine.

I'd take regular Season Curry.

But, Klay would get a top 10 look.

A Lebron with less miles, a few thousand more hair follicles?

Different story.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Glenn.....this is exactly why they call him Big Baby.

In a radio interview with Colin Cowherd on Thursday, Davis, who hasn’t played in an NBA game in over a year after undergoing ankle surgery in September, was critical of his ex-teammate, particularly for dribbling the ball too much.“He has his way about himself,” Davis said when asked if Paul was a problem in the locker room. “It’s, ‘I’m Chris Paul, give me the ball, I’m gonna dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, might pass if it looks good, or I’ll shoot.'”
– via USA Today Sports

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Glenn.....this is exactly why they call him Big Baby.

In a radio interview with Colin Cowherd on Thursday, Davis, who hasn’t played in an NBA game in over a year after undergoing ankle surgery in September, was critical of his ex-teammate, particularly for dribbling the ball too much.“He has his way about himself,” Davis said when asked if Paul was a problem in the locker room. “It’s, ‘I’m Chris Paul, give me the ball, I’m gonna dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, might pass if it looks good, or I’ll shoot.'”
– via USA Today Sports

Well, he probably should not have said it, but his assessment is right on.

The biggest epidemic in the NBA today is players holding the ball waiting to make plays instead of moving it. We have all seen that the best teams are the ones who move the ball the best, yet still too many stars rely on over-dribbling. CP3, as good as he is, is definitely one.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sushi, thoughts?

The smart money says Barnes is back in Oakland next season, even at max money,
mainly because the Warriors can pay that without consequence to anything they are planning. The only wrinkle is the Warriors’ pursuit of Durant. If that pitch gets life, there may be a window for someone else. But the truth of the matter is, that’s not very likely.

NBA AM: Looking In On The Key Free Agents | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News

It's a pretty easy hedge from the article, because Barnes is an RFA. The Warriors already offered him a 16M annual contract and I think anything up to that amount offered by another team will be matched unless the Warriors have the makings for a larger deal in place. If Barnes gets offered a max deal by another team, there could be some temptation to let him walk. Here's why:

Lets say the Warriors for some odd reason swing and miss on all these key free agents. Well the following off-season you have 14M coming off the books with Bogut, you have 12.5M coming off with Iguodala, 5M with livingston. You'll basically just have two major deals signed in place with Klay and Draymond. Even after maxing Curry on an extension or resigning him, with the rising cap you could basically reconstruct a new roster, with those three core pieces locked in with no other major deals. You'd have an ample amount of cap space to sign a couple other solid starters and round out a pretty good bench, even considering the inflated prices of the new free agent contracts.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-2 on the Cavs tonight. Let's see what Lebon can do

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally agree with a lot of stuff you say here in the NBA forums (as well as the PF's, if there was one person I'd want to have my back there it'd be you) but I vehemently disagree with you on this.

OKC's role players showed up.....yes. But, there is a reason why Curry made just 42% of his FGA's in the 3 losses to the Thunder. And I think we both know what that was.
I personally think Oklahoma played good defense, but eventually the Warriors found ways to adjust and move past their defense(Oklahoma's). It wasn't the Thunder role players showed up. The Warriors are just flat out better

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the gayest thing I've ever seen.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr is a damn fool. Don't care what the result is, starting Bogut is a bad move.

Status
Not open for further replies.