• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Decades Draft Chat

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to drop minutes in the trash talk thread as well, beat me to it...

Clyde Frazier - 35min
Ron Artest - 16min
Scottie Pippen - 32min
Tim Duncan - 34min (24PF min 10C min)
Bill Walton - 34min

Kyrie Irvin - 13min
Pistol Pete - 32min
Dave DeBusschere - 16min
Dennis Rodman - 12min
Kevin Love - 12min
Joakim Noah - 4min (all 4 minutes to start the 2nd quarter)

DNP
Andrew Wiggins

As you can see Pistol is playing the Michael Cooper role... I'm off setting his minutes so Artest can beat up Hondo for 16 minutes and Pistol and Kyrie can have free reign vs UKs bench while they are in together... I also try to get as many of Rodmans minutes vs Dirk as I can so he'll usually sub in with Pistol... Artest's minutes will run 4minin the first, 5min to end the second, 3min to start the third, 4min when Hondo comes into the game in the fourth, allowing Pistol some rest right before he finishes the game...

That's where I believe I have the advantage. When you sub in Rodman, he is without a doubt the guy you want to play on Dirk, but you also take him away from the basket, hurting Rodman's help side D and negating his ability as a rebounder, not to mention Rodman doesn't even require a defender on the offensive end, he got most of his boards rebounding his own bricks. I can bring in Cowens, who was a great defender and rebounder as well, plus he could actually shoot. Also, Dirk staying outside removes your ability to play zone, and leave Duncan guarding Hakeem, which means foul trouble. As to Artest beating up Hondo.....Hondo shits bigger than Artest. I'd leave Pistol in the whole damn game to even that out if I were you. Glove and Clyde are practically twins, Carmelo and Pippen are very close, plus I have Hawkins who was a bigger, stronger Pippen.
Very good matchup between two strong teams, I've got UK in 6

Last edited by a moderator:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I believe I have the advantage. When you sub in Rodman, he is without a doubt the guy you want to play on Dirk, but you also take him away from the basket, hurting Rodman's help side D and negating his ability as a rebounder, not to mention Rodman doesn't even require a defender on the offensive end, he got most of his boards rebounding his own bricks. I can bring in Cowens, who was a great defender and rebounder as well, plus he could actually shoot. Also, Dirk staying outside removes your ability to play zone, and leave Duncan guarding Hakeem, which means foul trouble. As to Artest beating up Hondo.....Hondo shits bigger than Artest. I'd leave Pistol in the whole damn game to even that out if I were you. Glove and Clyde are practically twins, Carmelo and Pippen are very close, plus I have Hawkins who was a bigger, stronger Pippen.
Very good matchup between two strong teams, I've got UK in 6

That's a nice story... I like your team, but your running up against a defensive juggernaut... Hondo is great but to discount Ron's DPOY ability is laughable... He will lean on, body up and just wear him down for 16min then Pistol comes in and runs up and down the court... Not to mention Pistol gets some good time vs your bench who isn't nearly as good defensively... IMO you have the better individual SG but the way my guys are set I take the advantage at the position...

Dirk is also in a predicament... First Rodman is a Man2Man defender who gets all over people, so he won't need to help... Second to say Rodman got most of his rebounds on his own misses is hilarious... He's only shot more than 6 times a game twice, he averaged 18 rebounds twice and at least 14 7 times... He offensive rebounds and puts it up when open but more so passes out once he grabs it... I also like how you don't talk about how you plan to slow Duncan or Walton in the post with Dirk depending on who you play Dream on... In fact who will Melo guard...? Outside of Dream you have a jump shooting team, and I OWN the boards and have the better defenders and deeper bench... WLK in 6...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more people have to send in their rankings?

Are we starting playoffs tonight?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note... If I were in charge of Clark's team I'd go with ...

PG - Nash
SG - Squid
SF - Nique
PF - Bird
C - Kemp

And run SSOL with Nash...:noidea:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a nice story... I like your team, but your running up against a defensive juggernaut... Hondo is great but to discount Ron's DPOY ability is laughable... He will lean on, body up and just wear him down for 16min then Pistol comes in and runs up and down the court... Not to mention Pistol gets some good time vs your bench who isn't nearly as good defensively... IMO you have the better individual SG but the way my guys are set I take the advantage at the position...

Dirk is also in a predicament... First Rodman is a Man2Man defender who gets all over people, so he won't need to help... Second to say Rodman got most of his rebounds on his own misses is hilarious... He's only shot more than 6 times a game twice, he averaged 18 rebounds twice and at least 14 7 times... He offensive rebounds and puts it up when open but more so passes out once he grabs it... I also like how you don't talk about how you plan to slow Duncan or Walton in the post with Dirk depending on who you play Dream on... In fact who will Melo guard...? Outside of Dream you have a jump shooting team, and I OWN the boards and have the better defenders and deeper bench... WLK in 6...

Now you've crossed over from hopeful to downright delusional. As I said, Hondo shit's bigger than Artest...and Pistol too for that matter. Your boy Artest, whose defense you are spazzing about...Artest was a 1 time All Star and 2 time 1st team All Defense....now cover your ears Darlin.....Hondo was a 13 time All Star and 4 time 1st team All Defense. As to Rodman, I think he's a joke in a set up like this, it's why Michael Cooper wasn't drafted. All the all time great defenders I was bragging on, Payton, Hondo, Olajuwon, Cowens...were all also 20+ points per game scorers. Guys like Artest and Rodman have value on the defensive end, but you lose too much in this setting even putting a Rodman on the floor. Defensively, Dirk and Cowens would take Walton, Hakeem would take Duncan. Like I said, close matchup, but you've got too many bricklayers to outscore this bunch

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more people have to send in their rankings?

Are we starting playoffs tonight?

I am guessing we need 2-3 more guys to send in rankings and the playoffs will most likely start tomorrow. I could post the matchups now and hope the others send in their rankings?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing we need 2-3 more guys to send in rankings and the playoffs will most likely start tomorrow. I could post the matchups now and hope the others send in their rankings?

We should probably wait until at least Nos is around. Then he can tell us how many are left/if we can start posting them.

Otherwise, I'll just wait for WLK to retort UK's last point and enjoy the show!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As to you ''owning the boards''....more delusional fantasy. The four guys we were talking about matchup wise above, Rodman, Walton, Duncan and artest...39.4 career boards per game.....Cowens, Hakeem, Dirk and Hondo...39.0.....I'm sorry, but .4 rebounds won't make up for the scoring difference between Dirk and Rodman and Hondo and Artest SMH:L

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you've crossed over from hopeful to downright delusional. As I said, Hondo shit's bigger than Artest...and Pistol too for that matter. Your boy Artest, whose defense you are spazzing about...Artest was a 1 time All Star and 2 time 1st team All Defense....now cover your ears Darlin.....Hondo was a 13 time All Star and 4 time 1st team All Defense. As to Rodman, I think he's a joke in a set up like this, it's why Michael Cooper wasn't drafted. All the all time great defenders I was bragging on, Payton, Hondo, Olajuwon, Cowens...were all also 20+ points per game scorers. Guys like Artest and Rodman have value on the defensive end, but you lose too much in this setting even putting a Rodman on the floor. Defensively, Dirk and Cowens would take Walton, Hakeem would take Duncan. Like I said, close matchup, but you've got too many bricklayers to outscore this bunch

All time great defenders and 20+ ppg players... Hmmm

Duncan
Pippen
Frazier

I'll wait until we matchup to continue... Love how you avoid talking rebounds... I'm sure Dirk will clean up for you...:pound:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can tweak our teams based on our opponent?

This is getting all kinds of AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 question I do have. Are we not still judging these guys mostly off their prime?

Some guys averages are weighted down by changing roles late in their careers.

For example, pretty sure WLK is not planning on playing Metta World Peace on NY, Ron Artest.

UK posting the career rebound averages for a bunch of guys just got me thinking. What most people are looking at?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to drop minutes in the trash talk thread as well, beat me to it...

Clyde Frazier - 35min
Ron Artest - 16min
Scottie Pippen - 32min
Tim Duncan - 34min (24PF min 10C min)
Bill Walton - 34min

Kyrie Irvin - 13min
Pistol Pete - 32min
Dave DeBusschere - 16min
Dennis Rodman - 12min
Kevin Love - 12min
Joakim Noah - 4min (all 4 minutes to start the 2nd quarter)

DNP
Andrew Wiggins

As you can see Pistol is playing the Michael Cooper role... I'm off setting his minutes so Artest can beat up Hondo for 16 minutes and Pistol and Kyrie can have free reign vs UKs bench while they are in together... I also try to get as many of Rodmans minutes vs Dirk as I can so he'll usually sub in with Pistol... Artest's minutes will run 4minin the first, 5min to end the second, 3min to start the third, 4min when Hondo comes into the game in the fourth, allowing Pistol some rest right before he finishes the game...

:finger2:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to you ''owning the boards''....more delusional fantasy. The four guys we were talking about matchup wise above, Rodman, Walton, Duncan and artest...39.4 career boards per game.....Cowens, Hakeem, Dirk and Hondo...39.0.....I'm sorry, but .4 rebounds won't make up for the scoring difference between Dirk and Rodman and Hondo and Artest SMH:L

It's nice of you to post career stats here, individual stats in scoring and leave out the fact that I have 5 guys who I'd be willing to bet without looking grabbed over 20 rebounds in a game at least 8 times a season... Dave DeBusschere grabs more rebounds than half your team alone... I OWN the boards and your team is a jump shooting team face crazy defense... Again you have the better jump shooters that's where your advantage ends... You have the Clippers on steroids with a PG who would rather shoot or throw a lob than run the offense vs the Spurs on steroids... :noidea:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 question I do have. Are we not still judging these guys mostly off their prime?

Some guys averages are weighted down by changing roles late in their careers.

For example, pretty sure WLK is not planning on playing Metta World Peace on NY, Ron Artest.

UK posting the career rebound averages for a bunch of guys just got me thinking. What most people are looking at?

I based mine off players in their prime, that's why I went heavy with defensive minded players and some guys who could play PG and SG.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking for the come at be me bro smiley and couldn't find it.

:lol: