• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Decades Draft Chat

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to 1000% disagree with that. All Star games end up with crazy scores because no one gives a shit, it's an exhibition where guys clear the lane on oops and drives to the hole. There are deft players that are going to "get theirs". But you slap a Dennis Rodman, Gary Payton, Michael Jordan or Kawhi Leonard on someone and they aren't scoring at their normal rate, no way

I actually mostly agree with Nos here.

Good defensive stars will work out great. Like a KG for instance. Or a Dennis Rodman/Gary Payton who made a living off great defense. But someone like Kawhi Leonard? In a game like this he would get bulldozed by some of the guys we are playing

And a defensive unit is basically banking on a bunch of timeouts then or you are caught. You gotta go a mix because like Nos was getting at. Great scorers are going to score.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good defensive stars will work out great. Like a KG for instance. Or a Dennis Rodman/Gary Payton who made a living off great defense. But someone like Kawhi Leonard? In a game like this he would get bulldozed by some of the guys we are playing

And a defensive unit is basically banking on a bunch of timeouts then or you are caught. You gotta go a mix because like Nos was getting at. Great scorers are going to score.

He held his own against Lebron last year. Just saying

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Ha. My big debate was take Blackman or hope Shane the only guy who needed an 80s player and had like 50 PG's but 1 SG would not take him. It was a debate because the other guy I had in mind was Klay Thompson and I knew he wouldn't survive until my next pick. Turns out Nos took him right before(maybe if I left him as a list Nos don't take him??). Then I woulda went Buck Williams if Blackman was gone.

Ultimately I took Blackman because I feel Klay is more of an empty threat in this game, but man I wanted that on my team in case the dagger put fear in other voters.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He held his own against Lebron last year. Just saying

You will do that from time to time.

LeBron over like 3 post seasons has shot like 38% when guarded by Jimmy Butler. Jimmy is a better defender and scorer than Kawhi, I am the biggest Jimmy fan and I wouldn't touch him with a pole....except maybe for my last fill out the roster with HEART picks!!!

Nos gay mind is going to eat this up. But I'm leaving it. Just editing to show I am aware..

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still disagree. Wilt scored 100 in a game. Russell won all the Championships. MJ's bulls? MJ, Scottie, and Rodman were all D. The Pistons Bad Boys...How did elite scorers work out against them? Spurs? D. There's no question you have to have great scorers, but I'm surprised two guys that know the game like y'all do don't agree great D and Rebounding beats pretty offense

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still disagree. Wilt scored 100 in a game. Russell won all the Championships. MJ's bulls? MJ, Scottie, and Rodman were all D. The Pistons Bad Boys...How did elite scorers work out against them? Spurs? D. There's no question you have to have great scorers, but I'm surprised two guys that know the game like y'all do don't agree great D and Rebounding beats pretty offense

Uhhhh dude. I have made it clear I am all about D...and some rebounding.

Its why I drafted. Kobe, KG, Thurmond and West in my starting lineup. All can D up with the best of them.

It's also why I think LeBron will go down as the second greatest ever. Not only can he do what little can with a ball in his hands...but he can defend better than Magic Johnson could dream of.

But in a game like this where a team has Top 50 of All time scoring talent all over the place(like all our teams do). You need defense WITH your offense.

The best course is getting as many cold blooded killers in your lineup that can also lock down late.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BIG Difference, those teams had 1 or 2 great scorers not a team full of great scorers. I'm surprised someone who knows as much as you do is crazy enough to think these teams would be shut down by good defense...

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he didn't... LeBron averaged 28.2 pts per game and shot 57%

lol. I kinda thought Lebron didn't get shut down, didn't want to look like an idiot without the facts.

Leonard was more of an insane and rare offensive factor in the finals last year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG Difference, those teams had 1 or 2 great scorers not a team full of great scorers. I'm surprised someone who knows as much as you do is crazy enough to think these teams would be shut down by good defense...

Yeah, and how did Jordan's Bulls teams do against the Bad Boys? The Bulls changed their style of play to be defensive minded like the Bulls. Why did the Bulls then beat the Lakers? 3 great defenders and shot blockers. You've got one of the best PG's ever in the Big O. Oscar ain't going off against the glove, no way

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and how did Jordan's Bulls teams do against the Bad Boys? The Bulls changed their style of play to be defensive minded like the Bulls. Why did the Bulls then beat the Lakers? 3 great defenders and shot blockers. You've got one of the best PG's ever in the Big O. Oscar ain't going off against the glove, no way

Yeah yer right he would prolly only average about 20 a game, Dr J and the Glide will be flying through the air scoring 50 or so between them no matter who you got!

EDIT... Oh and I know how the Pistons and Bulls did it but they were NOT playing teams that had so many dominating scorers...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just took lunch, I am about to research my pick.

Give me 15-20 minutes.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a meeting be back in about an hour...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just took lunch, I am about to research my pick.

Give me 15-20 minutes.

Man hurry the fuck up...I got nothin' to do all day!:pound:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick is in. No way he could have been selected.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's up next?

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark but I assume we're not waiting for him

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

make a different selection, Shane has Ming.