• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nationwide @ Chicagoland

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watching? There is nobody in the stands.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atta boy Chase!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, his pit crew has been screwing him over here lately.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's race was excellent and very competitive.

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's race was excellent and very competitive.

Not saying it wasn't.. but with most of the Cup guys taking this weekend off.. most fans aren't going to a stand-alone Nationwide race.. and that's what I really meant when I said/wrote BORING.. the Elliott kid will be a force once he gets a Cup ride

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it wasn't.. but with most of the Cup guys taking this weekend off.. most fans aren't going to a stand-alone Nationwide race.. and that's what I really meant when I said/wrote BORING.. the Elliott kid will be a force once he gets a Cup ride

Most tracks the fans won't show up for a stand alone Busch race, but it seems like they always draw a good crowd to Iowa and the big road courses.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely believe Chase Elliott will be a good racer whenever he goes to cup. He has a legendary father to teach him and he'll be going into the best team in the sport with Hendrick. There is tons of knowledge there and if he can take advantage of it, watch out!

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nationwide Series is BORING[/QUOTE]

Nationwide Series can offer a decent race every now and then. I do prefer the Sprint Cup, and Campingworld Truck Series. IRL and Formula 1 has a decent run also on occasion. And call me a geek... I like the way they use the pneumatics to jack the car up during pit stops in IRL and Formula I.

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely believe Chase Elliott will be a good racer whenever he goes to cup. He has a legendary father to teach him and he'll be going into the best team in the sport with Hendrick. There is tons of knowledge there and if he can take advantage of it, watch out!

Where do you think he goes with Hendrick??.. no spots open.. and I think Kasey is sweating bullets with the thought

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nationwide Series is BORING

Nationwide Series can offer a decent race every now and then. I do prefer the Sprint Cup, and Campingworld Truck Series. IRL and Formula 1 has a decent run also on occasion. And call me a geek... I like the way they use the pneumatics to jack the car up during pit stops in IRL and Formula I.

IDK.. I cannot watch the truck series.. have tried too.. can't do it..

IRL/F-1 pit stops are too easy.. each tireman only changes one tire and only has one 'lug' to change and basically doesn't move from his position.. I like the challenge that Nascar pit crews have.. they make the stops interesting with having multiple tires to deal with along with having to 'service' both sides of the car and having to jack up the car 'old school' is a plus.. but the way IRL/F-1 jack up their cars is cool though

Last edited by a moderator:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you think he goes with Hendrick??.. no spots open.. and I think Kasey is sweating bullets with the thought

The original plan was for him to be Jeff Gordon's replacement, but I have a hunch that Kahne will be out of Hendrick before Jeff retires.

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original plan was for him to be Jeff Gordon's replacement, but I have a hunch that Kahne will be out of Hendrick before Jeff retires.

True on all counts.. Kahne is going to be the odd man out.. I see Gordon racing at least 3-4 more years.. Unless Jr starts a Cup team with JR Motorsports.. getting his stuff from Hendrick and having NAPA as sponsor.. its going to be hard to keep Elliott in the Nationwide series and not have other teams dangling a Cup ride in front of him..