• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nashville Predators @ Los Angeles Kings, 10/31 1:00 PM, FS-W

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis to Toffoli

F Ribeiro

"He of the Dirty Sanchez" as I call him because of that absurd peach fuzz he sports above his lip. I guess since he isn't groping nannies these days he had to vent somehow, boarding Ehrhoff was his transgression.

Good news is Ehrhoff didn't miss practice yesterday and should be in the line up tonight. Curious to know about Greene, he went through 2 injury years a few years ago and then was dependable for about 2 years and now he is out again.

Kings need him in front of Quick, they have no decleater in the lineup without him. I liked the response in the SJ game when the Kings were getting manhandled, he sent a message even though he took the penalty.

The guy is slower than he already was, but he is a safe bet to protect Quick as long as he does not do too much.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter an Kopi leave Doughty out to dry on the 3 on 1
Doughty somehow breaks up the pass using the midpoint of the shaft and the two coasting Kings get the puck for the win.
Sometimes you get lucky

Doughty's break up of that pass was not luck, that is a world class play by a franchise defender. Take a look at the replay, after blocking it he looked up and saw Carter by himself, tracked the puck down and backhanded it to him for the breakaway. That is called awareness, and it's something you can't teach. You think the game ahead a few plays, much like Gretzky did.

I really hope all the fools who thought his 8 year/$56 million deal was "crazy" will STFU now. He is a guy you build your franchise around, he has proven it time and time again that he is one of the most intelligent two-way defenders in the game (night in and night out, and also the Cups and Gold) if not THE most intelligent and has earned every penny of that contract.

He is underpaid by today's standards and his next contract should be of concern, especially if he wins a Norris between now and then. He should have won it last year if weren't for that bogus voting system.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant more that the guys behind the play were lucky DD broke up the pass and they were left open for a breakaway instead of a goal against the Kings.
Bad defense by the forwards leads to an OT goal for them