• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nashty

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting piece on Nash. Makes me want to pull for the guy to come back healthy next season. Depending on how the summer shakes out, it may be best to just let his contract run it's course rather than stretching him.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been a Nash fan and it sucks to see him go through this. Hopefully, he can get healthy enough to have a good year next year and retire on his own terms.

As far as stretching him. I think it depends on what the Lakers do as far as FA's. If they need to stretch him to land needed players and/or get under the cap, then stretch him. If not, eat the $9million next season (especially if he can play).

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been a Nash fan and it sucks to see him go through this. Hopefully, he can get healthy enough to have a good year next year and retire on his own terms.

As far as stretching him. I think it depends on what the Lakers do as far as FA's. If they need to stretch him to land needed players and/or get under the cap, then stretch him. If not, eat the $9million next season (especially if he can play).

Sorry guys, I think Nash is a great guy, but it's time to move on from this, regardless of what he's paid! I'm truly hoping we can get a great PG, like Exum or Tyler Ennis. Have Kendall Marshall as a backup. Need to start to think about what life is gonna be like w/o Kobe and Pau. I think we have some good pieces, need to start completing the roster for the future.

Losing is not an option for the Lakers, but if they're gonna lose anyway, let's profit from it! I really hope that trade goes down with Pau and Phoenix, but I want a higher pick(probably won't happen, but shoot for the stars).

Hoping this makes some sense, kinda rambling. But sitting on our thumbs isn't gonna work!

:suds:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is they can't just completely move on from Nash. They are committed for at least one more season. Three more seasons at a smaller price if they stretch him. Wouldn't be a bad thing to have Nash around next season if they do draft a PG. That's a nice vet to learn a few things from.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nerve damage is just sad. I don't think he can overcome it. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be because last year when he played (and what little he has this year), he was still a useful player. Not near the star he was, but still a fantastic shooter that you had to pay attention to.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nerve damage is just sad. I don't think he can overcome it. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be because last year when he played (and what little he has this year), he was still a useful player. Not near the star he was, but still a fantastic shooter that you had to pay attention to.

Couldn't of not said it any better, it does suck to see him go through this. I have a lot respect for him & have always loved his game, too bad we weren't able to help him win a title.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't of not said it any better, it does suck to see him go through this. I have a lot respect for him & have always loved his game, too bad we weren't able to help him win a title.

Let him retire, then bring him back as a coach. He'll get his ring in about 3-4 years.:suds:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always admired Steve Nash even when he was a thorn in the Lakers' side. Hate to see him hampered by injuries, but Father Time has caught up with him.

He would make a great coach, I believe. I hope that's what he chooses to do and that he stays with the Lakers in that capacity.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always admired Steve Nash even when he was a thorn in the Lakers' side. Hate to see him hampered by injuries, but Father Time has caught up with him.

He would make a great coach, I believe. I hope that's what he chooses to do and that he stays with the Lakers in that capacity.

Can you imagine our young point guards like Farmar and Marshall or a potential top draft pick point guard having Steve Nash coaching them everyday? Talk about cutting down on the learning curve.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea TJF12. I think it is a perfect fit and if Don'tknowi had any brains in his head, he'd offer both Kobe and Nash coaching spots because both are pretty much done anyways-Nash more so than Kobe. The impact those two along with Madog Madsen and Kurt Rambis on this young team would be huge!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea TJF12. I think it is a perfect fit and if Don'tknowi had any brains in his head, he'd offer both Kobe and Nash coaching spots because both are pretty much done anyways-Nash more so than Kobe. The impact those two along with Madog Madsen and Kurt Rambis on this young team would be huge!!

I see Nash as more of a coach than Kobe. He definitely knows the game well enough to be an excellent coach, but I think he would get too frustrated with his players (like Magic did when he tried).

I could see Kobe in a "special advisor/assistant type role where he was working with players on a more individual basis. Similar to what the Lakers did with Kareem.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Yep. That is what I meant as a coach but was too lazy to specificlly characterized Kobe.