• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name Your Favorite Five Seahawk Players All-Time

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Krieg QB in the 1980s. Led Hawks to the AFC Championship Game in his first year as the starter
Curt Warner RB in the 80s. After a Spectacular Rookie Season, he blew his knee out in Game 1 of the 1984 Season
Kam Chancellor Good to have you back, Kamtrack
Kenny Easley I was in the Kingdome for MNF when he stopped a Raiders drive inside Hawks territory with an interception while wearing a full cast on one hand
Norm Johnson Still the Seahawks Leading Scorer by a wide margin. Mr. Automatic

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Largent - Just loved the way he played. Never the biggest guy, the fastest guy but just played hard all the time.

Chris Warren - Despite having such illustrious stand outs at QB like Rick Mirer and Stan Gelbaugh, Warren was 3rd in the NFL in rushing from 1992 through 1997.

Dave Brown - Seahawks career interception leader with 50.

John L. Williams - Just love the guy. Seattle has never had a better RB combo than Warner and Williams (with all due respect to Alexander and Strong).

Jon Vaughn - I still see a goal line TD dive he made jumping over the pile while simultaneously spinning (he was met at the top, but just cork screwed over the defender into the end zone). I wish I could find video of it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Largent - The reason I became a Seahawk fan
Tez Kennedy - Made some really horrible teams somewhat bearable to watch
Kenny Easley - Loved his game
Russell Wilson - Love his dedication to the game.
John L. Williams/Mack Strong - Love those guys together.

Hon mention - Jacob Green, Shaun Alexander,

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Became a fan in 1992 so here it goes.

Cortez Kennedy: Was a beast and won the Defensive Player of the Year in 1992... The team went 2-14.

Matt Hasselbeck: Was the QB when the team became relevant in the mid 2000s. He may of not been the most gifted, but he got the job done.

Walter Jones: Was always calm and level headed, but would put a rushing DE on his ass with absolute ease!

Marshawn Lynch: Do I really need a reason?

Michael Robinson: Loved the Real Rob Report and showing what kind of team the Seahawks were off the field. Was a great leader on the field.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the 1996 team video yearbook - and our starting QB that year (Rick Mirer) was not mentioned by name until the final minute and then only to announce that he was traded to the Bears.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Largent one of my favorites as a kid

Jim Zorn Had to have someone throw the ball to Largent

Kenny Easlay Local to where I grew up and one of the first from that area to make the NFL

Chris Warren from UVA

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Mirer
Brian Bosworth
Aaron Curry
Charlie Whitehurst
Jerry Rice

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Mirer
Brian Bosworth
Aaron Curry
Charlie Whitehurst
Jerry Rice

Ok, I laughed.

Some are no brainers, Largent, Easley, Tez...

Some are pretty obvious, like the only named jersey I ever bought, Big Walt.

But there's some guys who I remember fondly, just because they were unique or oddballs.

Best example?
Efren Herrerra, http://www.seahawks.com/sites/seaha...d-images/131008-herrera-600.jpg?itok=GwFrWVHs

Who caught passes, threw passes, and just seemed to have a lot of fun playing the game.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas- I love how this guy is small in size but plays like he is the biggest dog on field, no fear
Richard Sherman- loved his swagger and attitude it really helped mold this team IMO
Marcus Trufant- Local kid very underrated was an awesome corner
Lofa Tatupu- awesome samoan player, liked his tattoos he seemed like a warrior very good pro bowl LB
Marshawn Lynch- will have some funny memories once he leaves this team from the beastquake to "im just here so i wont get fined"

There are more prestigious hawk players like the ones listed above but i have never seen them play so I couldnt name them

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch, Largent, Jones, Kennedy, Easley.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I laughed.

Some are no brainers, Largent, Easley, Tez...

Some are pretty obvious, like the only named jersey I ever bought, Big Walt.

But there's some guys who I remember fondly, just because they were unique or oddballs.

Best example?
Efren Herrerra, http://www.seahawks.com/sites/seaha...d-images/131008-herrera-600.jpg?itok=GwFrWVHs

Who caught passes, threw passes, and just seemed to have a lot of fun playing the game.
Lots of player that I feel fondly of also. Lots of them in the expansion era. You named one with Herrerra, Zorn is one I fond entertaining , Largent of course, and Sherman Smith who is now a RB coach for the Seahawks. I find it impossible to name my favorites, just way to many I really like.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came in at 2003

Marcus Trufant
Kenny Hamlin
Lofa
Earl"the pearl" Thomas
Matt Hasslebeck

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Largent
Walter
Marshawn
Kenny
Sherm

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once met Dave Krieg and my first thought was he looked small to be a QB. Also met Brian Millard. Both were good guys and avid fishermen. The rest I only know from watching games.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Largent - All time great... Favorite moment was when he returned the favor to Mr. Mike Harden

Tez Kennedy - You know you're dominant when you win the Defensive MVP with a 2-14 record...

Curt Warner - His play began to put the Hawks on the map... He and Largent were one of the best combos in the NFL...

Kenny Easley - Mr. Hammer... Loved the way he played... I remember when the Pro Bowl meant something to these guys and Easley just leveled Wendell Tyler, spinning Tyler around in the air w/ a vicious hit...

Walter Jones - I don't believe we go to the SB if we didn't have Walter holding down the fort on the left side...

Honorable mentions: LB, Fred Young, a very underrated LB during his time... Dude hit hard...

Favorite Seahawk player name: LB, Michael Jackson (I was a huge Michael Jackson fan, the singer, so what can I say?)

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok did Shaun Alexander do something wrong.

Shawn Springs

Russell Wilson

Kam Chancellor

Chris Warren

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Largent - All time great... Favorite moment was when he returned the favor to Mr. Mike Harden

Tez Kennedy - You know you're dominant when you win the Defensive MVP with a 2-14 record...

Curt Warner - His play began to put the Hawks on the map... He and Largent were one of the best combos in the NFL...

Kenny Easley - Mr. Hammer... Loved the way he played... I remember when the Pro Bowl meant something to these guys and Easley just leveled Wendell Tyler, spinning Tyler around in the air w/ a vicious hit...

Walter Jones - I don't believe we go to the SB if we didn't have Walter holding down the fort on the left side...

Honorable mentions: LB, Fred Young, a very underrated LB during his time... Dude hit hard...

Favorite Seahawk player name: LB, Michael Jackson (I was a huge Michael Jackson fan, the singer, so what can I say?)

Odd you said that about Wendell Tyler. At first I was like Tyler played for Rams and Niners. No way he did that in Pro Bowl , they would have been on same team. The old AFC West. Ha

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok did Shaun Alexander do something wrong.

Shawn Springs

Russell Wilson

Kam Chancellor

Chris Warren

Yes, he said some things after 2004 that people weren't thrilled with, but his chance to have those things completely forgotten went away when he was hurt in 2006 & 2007 and didn't perform to the expectations of his huge contract. I would have listed him (and several others) but it was a list of 5, and I just had to put the little known Jon Vaughn on there.