• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nagy may reduce Cohen's workload

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Bears news, stats, schedule and depth chart

Apparently Nagy feels Cohen may have had a bit too much on his plate last year. Not sure I agree, but it's also obvious that something has to give if Nagy plans on using all the offensive weapons at his disposal. I think Patterson will be the one who cuts more into Tarik's playing time than either Montgomery or Davis, mainly because I see Nagy utilizing Patterson in ways similar to the way Cohen has been used.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it makes sense with Montgomery being able to catch the ball out of the backfield. Davis as well. We did not have that with Howard. Plus, like you just mentioned, Patterson is capable of doing a lot of gadget stuff that used to be strictly Cohen's area of specialization.

I like it. Cohen is more of a "quality" than "quantity" driven back. He's not a guy you want to be relying on for 15-20 touches. Which we did a handful of times last year. Rather, you want him fresh for those 8-12 touches. For those couple plays per game where he pops off for a big gain. This will also leave him fresh for punt return duty.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cohen becomes more of a Sproles like back, Montgomery becomes the lead back, and mike Davis is the back up that spells D-Mont from time to time. If you look at the offense last year, it performed much better when Cohen was in than when Howard was in. I believe that was because Howard was a non factor in the passing game. This year, with Montgomery and Davis in, the offense wont suffer. I feel as though some good things will be coming out of this offense.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell ya tho and I believe I said this same thing when we first learned of Patterson's signing. I would luuuuuuv to see a few plays drawn up by Nagy that feature Patterson AND Cohen together. Now throw in Montgomery back there as well. Man, that would give opposing D's fits.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3