• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Myth of the AFCN

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I continue to grow tired of hearing how you have to run the ball in this division to win as an excuse for Marvin to run so much. The Steelers and Ravens are in the top 10 in the league in passing offense, and they are 18th and 19th in rushing offense. Defense is still key, obviously, but this isn't your daddy's AFCN. Run it yes, but you have to be able to throw the ball and be willing to open up before you're down 10 points.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also helps to play your best players.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also helps them that they get to play our weak ass secondary twice a season.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is balance, and a constant attacking mentality.......the biggest problem the Bengals have right now offensively is a conservative attitude overall......they need to go for big plays more often early in the game, and they won't find themselves having to come from behind so often.....

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers are about 60/40 passing now.....that to me is the ideal ratio in today's game.....

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Correct.

You don't HAVE to have a great defense and solid running game to win this division. Problem is, no team has tried any other approach. You're telling me a team like the Saints, Packers, Patriots, etc would not win this division because they're great passing teams and not so much running and defending (Packers this season) teams?

Furthermore, you don't have to have a great defense or solid running game to beat the foes we've played to this point. Seattle, Denver, Cleveland, etc can all be beaten without such.

Further-further more, it is well known that the best way to attack Pittsburgh's defense is with a short, accurate pass game. Not with running. Same goes for Baltimore.

It's a tired cliche and fits well within that thread. Any columnist/analyst that uses that cares little about actually "analyzing" but rather giving the reader what they want to read.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...172-top-4-deneses-nfl-belong-afc-north-3.html

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baltimore is even more off-balance than Pittsburgh. They're 4th in the league in passing attempts.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore is even more off-balance than Pittsburgh. They're 4th in the league in passing attempts.

That's because Cam Cameron is an idiot.... He's let his team get beat twice this year when he forgot that he has one of the best running backs in the league.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's true, but the point is that they're one of the top teams in the league, and leading the supposed run-oriented AFCN with defense and a good passing attack.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont associate AFCN football with being one dimensional and stubborn on offense. I do associate it with being more physical than your opponent. The Steelers and Ravens have been the bullies of the NFL for a while regardless of whether they're passing or running on offense. I think the Bengals are entering that discussion. I'd say they're just as physical as those teams on defense. Even though they lost both those games they gave it out just as good as they got it. I think they have a better chance of beating both those teams the 2nd time around.