• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Myles Garrett shouldn't have a driver's license

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say it.

@Stakesarehigh you will defend Myles to the end because he's a Brown, just as you defended Watson. Im not going back and forth with you on this.

I speed, not 30+ over, but yes I speed, and if I'm ticketed I accept the blame without tears.

I've actually stated he should lose his license.

I also stated Deshaun should have been suspended a year.

Where I get argumentative is when the board takes reasonable stances such as the above and try to apply ridiculous punishments instead.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, this got me searching. The 30 over the speed = possible arrest isn't in play in many states. Here in Nevada 30 over could result in an arrest and a misdemeanor.

In California and Utah 100 OVER could get you arrested.

In Ohio, a speeding ticket is a misdemeanor, not a felony. For the first reckless driving offense, you will likely only need to pay a fine. However, if you receive two or more speeding tickets in one year, you could be charged with a fourth-degree misdemeanor, which carries penalties of a fine of up to $250 and 30 days in jail. If you receive three or more tickets in a year, the penalties increase. This means you could face a fine of up to $500 and 60 days in jail.

Now looking at OHIO Law Garrett should have been arrested.

"You could" does not equal should.

Every dui conviction in the state has a 90 day sentence for first time offenders. Nearly every one of those people serve their 3 days of school with an 87 day suspended sentence.

Speeding isn't exactly capital murder here.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly enough it's 12 points in 2 years (I thought it was 3) and myles hadn't racked up enough until this incident. This one may cost him his license. But he had the back to back speeding tickets (one cited as reckless) that cost him 6 but nothing else in the last 2 years.