• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Week 7 Recap

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Week 7 is in the books. My Bengals were off, so I watched a few different games this week, and was generally entertained. This week: The Ravens flop, the Dolphins collapse, the Saints blow up, and the Titans just blow. Here we go.

Week 7 Power Rankings:

32. Miami Dolphins-The only thing worse than being a team having to rely on Tebow, is blowing a 2 TD lead in 5 minutes to a team relying on Tebow.
31. Indianapolis Colts-62?? Really?
30. St Louis Rams-You just made DeMarco Murray look like Tony Dorsett. Great work.
29. Arizona Cardinals-Is Larry Fitzgerald on suicide watch yet?
28. Seattle Seahawks-It was an epic defensive struggle...OK, I just can't do it. That was one crappy game.
27. Minnesota Vikings-Christian Ponder brought some excitement and played well, but the Packers are just too good.
26. Denver Broncos-So Tebow stinks up the joint for 95% of the game, beats Miami's prevent D, and is now a great QB? Gotcha.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars-Great win, and played with intesity. Can they keep that up?
24. Cleveland Browns-If you score 6 points an win, either your D played great, or you were in a horrible game. Give me option 2.
23. Tennessee Titans-Chris Johnson was the worst contract signed this year.
22. Washington Redskins-I never thought they were a real threat to begin with.
21. Carolina Panthers-OK, I give up. I'm sorry Mr Newton for doubting you.
20. Kansas City Cheifs-They've won 3 straight and with Rivers looking like Eli, and the Raiders QBs looking like junk, they might yet be in this division race.
19. Oakland Raiders-They have to be in semi-panic mode. I know Palmer had no time to prepare, but there was no zip on his passes, and the pick 6 was just ugly.
18. Philadelphia Eagles-Huge game with Dallas coming up. If they lose, I'm calling them done.
17. Dallas Cowboys-Well, let the DeMarco Murray era begin.
16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Every other week, they suck. The next 3 weeks will define their season.
15. Chicago Bears-Matt Forte should have gotten the money that CJ300 stole.
14. Cincinnati Bengals-The Bengals got to watch Palmer on Sunday, and then all went to Andy Dalton's house to hug him.
13. New York Jets-Plaxico gives Sanchez a pretty fearsome set of receivers. Now, if he can hit them consistently.
12. New York Giants-2 weeks to prepare for the Dolphins seems like overkill. 2 days seems like plenty for that.
11. Atlanta Falcons-Tied for 2nd place now and firmly in the race for a wild card.
10. Detroit Lions-Their lack of a run game might keep them out of the playoffs.
9. Houston Texans-They put a beatdown on the Titans that was overshadowed by the Saints epic beatdown of the Colts.
8. San Diego Chargers-Philip Rivers is not playing like an elite QB.
7. Buffalo Bills-The bye came at a good time. With KC improving and the AFCN playing well, they need to get back to winning for a WC shot.
6. Baltimore Ravens-Joe Flacco has to improve. That offense will be one and done in the playoffs.
5. San Francisco 49ers-With a few very winnable games coming up, they could put the division in a chokehold.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers-The next 2 weeks are huge with the Pats and a rematch with the Ravens.
3. New Orleans Saints-The Colts will have nightmares about this game for the rest of their lives.
2. New England Patriots-A good time for a bye going into a string of big games.
1. Green Bay Packers-I have run out of adjectives for Aaron Rodgers. He's good.

MVP's of the Week:

Jacksonville Defense-They showed up in a big way and shut down Rice and Flacco.
DeMarco Murray-In one game, he had just 15 yards less than CJ250 has all year.
Drew Brees-Just obliterated the Colts defense.
Arian Foster-He ran, he caught, he conquered.

Goats of the Week:

Kyle Boller-His first throw was a pick 6 and it only got worse from there.
The Dolphins-Really? With 5:00 to go, they went into their Andrew Luck defensive set.
Joe Flacco-He led the Ravens to barely 50 yards of offense til the 4th quarter. They were in 4th and 43 at one point. Yikes.
The Colts-Did they see the ending to the Miami game and decide "anything you can do I can do better"?

Random Thoughts:

1. A guy in my fantasy league started Curtis Painter. He got .7 points. Now THAT's suckage.
2. Christian Ponder would have won at least of few games that McNabb lost.
3. Matt Ryan is lucky that his ankle wasn't broken. That looked ugly.
4. Did they grease the balls last night? Rice and Jones-Drew looked like they were toting a rabid wolverine.
5. Redskins are dropping like flies.
6. Have I mentioned that Chris Johnson absolutely robbed the Titans blind?
7. 62 points?? Really? Really?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff. I couldn't put the Ravens at 6 after that last night though. I'd have to drop them farther if only for this week. That was as bad as the Cle vs. Sea game or the Mia vs Den game. I am now officially in root against the Falcons mode as well.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baltimore sucked, but Buffalo was off, and coming off a loss. SD lost, Detroit lost, so it was hard to drop them too far.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just would have had to with the offense looking like that. I mean it's understandable why you didn't but I just couldn't keep a team that looked that bad at 6.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, but the teams behind them, Jets, Texans, Bills, Chargers, Falcons, Bengals, Lions have all had games where the offense just didn't show up, but none of those teams have a D as good as Baltimore does.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always, good reading. I think I like the Arian Foster write-up the best. Laughed out loud.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7 is in the books. My Bengals were off, so I watched a few different games this week, and was generally entertained. This week: The Ravens flop, the Dolphins collapse, the Saints blow up, and the Titans just blow. Here we go.

Week 7 Power Rankings:

32. Miami Dolphins-The only thing worse than being a team having to rely on Tebow, is blowing a 2 TD lead in 5 minutes to a team relying on Tebow.
31. Indianapolis Colts-62?? Really?
30. St Louis Rams-You just made DeMarco Murray look like Tony Dorsett. Great work.
29. Arizona Cardinals-Is Larry Fitzgerald on suicide watch yet?
28. Seattle Seahawks-It was an epic defensive struggle...OK, I just can't do it. That was one crappy game.
27. Minnesota Vikings-Christian Ponder brought some excitement and played well, but the Packers are just too good.
26. Denver Broncos-So Tebow stinks up the joint for 95% of the game, beats Miami's prevent D, and is now a great QB? Gotcha.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars-Great win, and played with intesity. Can they keep that up?
24. Cleveland Browns-If you score 6 points an win, either your D played great, or you were in a horrible game. Give me option 2.
23. Tennessee Titans-Chris Johnson was the worst contract signed this year.
22. Washington Redskins-I never thought they were a real threat to begin with.
21. Carolina Panthers-OK, I give up. I'm sorry Mr Newton for doubting you.
20. Kansas City Cheifs-They've won 3 straight and with Rivers looking like Eli, and the Raiders QBs looking like junk, they might yet be in this division race.
19. Oakland Raiders-They have to be in semi-panic mode. I know Palmer had no time to prepare, but there was no zip on his passes, and the pick 6 was just ugly.
18. Philadelphia Eagles-Huge game with Dallas coming up. If they lose, I'm calling them done.
17. Dallas Cowboys-Well, let the DeMarco Murray era begin.
16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Every other week, they suck. The next 3 weeks will define their season.
15. Chicago Bears-Matt Forte should have gotten the money that CJ300 stole.
14. Cincinnati Bengals-The Bengals got to watch Palmer on Sunday, and then all went to Andy Dalton's house to hug him.
13. New York Jets-Plaxico gives Sanchez a pretty fearsome set of receivers. Now, if he can hit them consistently.
12. New York Giants-2 weeks to prepare for the Dolphins seems like overkill. 2 days seems like plenty for that.
11. Atlanta Falcons-Tied for 2nd place now and firmly in the race for a wild card.
10. Detroit Lions-Their lack of a run game might keep them out of the playoffs.
9. Houston Texans-They put a beatdown on the Titans that was overshadowed by the Saints epic beatdown of the Colts.
8. San Diego Chargers-Philip Rivers is not playing like an elite QB.
7. Buffalo Bills-The bye came at a good time. With KC improving and the AFCN playing well, they need to get back to winning for a WC shot.
6. Baltimore Ravens-Joe Flacco has to improve. That offense will be one and done in the playoffs.
5. San Francisco 49ers-With a few very winnable games coming up, they could put the division in a chokehold.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers-The next 2 weeks are huge with the Pats and a rematch with the Ravens.
3. New Orleans Saints-The Colts will have nightmares about this game for the rest of their lives.
2. New England Patriots-A good time for a bye going into a string of big games.
1. Green Bay Packers-I have run out of adjectives for Aaron Rodgers. He's good.

MVP's of the Week:

Jacksonville Defense-They showed up in a big way and shut down Rice and Flacco.
DeMarco Murray-In one game, he had just 15 yards less than CJ250 has all year.
Drew Brees-Just obliterated the Colts defense.
Arian Foster-He ran, he caught, he conquered.

Goats of the Week:

Kyle Boller-His first throw was a pick 6 and it only got worse from there.
The Dolphins-Really? With 5:00 to go, they went into their Andrew Luck defensive set.
Joe Flacco-He led the Ravens to barely 50 yards of offense til the 4th quarter. They were in 4th and 43 at one point. Yikes.
The Colts-Did they see the ending to the Miami game and decide "anything you can do I can do better"?

Random Thoughts:

1. A guy in my fantasy league started Curtis Painter. He got .7 points. Now THAT's suckage.
2. Christian Ponder would have won at least of few games that McNabb lost.
3. Matt Ryan is lucky that his ankle wasn't broken. That looked ugly.
4. Did they grease the balls last night? Rice and Jones-Drew looked like they were toting a rabid wolverine.
5. Redskins are dropping like flies.
6. Have I mentioned that Chris Johnson absolutely robbed the Titans blind?
7. 62 points?? Really? Really?

What fuckin idiot would start Curtis Painter?

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL. Same guy who is lucky enough to play me on Aaron Rodgers bye week.