• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Week 3 Predictions

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, honest question - what about the first two weeks makes you think TCU is keeping OSU to 14 points?

I didn't look at the scores of the first 2 games for either team. Ohio State rushed over 90 times and passed under 70. They got a good passing game and a good running game, but it is clear that the offense is built around Dobbins and Weber. TCU has an excellent rush defense. Not only in the first 2 games, but they were 4th in allowed rushing yards/game last year.

I don't see this as a shoot out. TCU's D is probably the toughest D Ohio State will face all season. I guarantee it is light years better than Oregon State's and Rutgers'.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't look at the scores of the first 2 games for either team. Ohio State rushed over 90 times and passed under 70. They got a good passing game and a good running game, but it is clear that the offense is built around Dobbins and Weber. TCU has an excellent rush defense. Not only in the first 2 games, but they were 4th in allowed rushing yards/game last year.

I don't see this as a shoot out. TCU's D is probably the toughest D Ohio State will face all season. I guarantee it is light years better than Oregon State's and Rutgers'.

You are vastly overrating TCU’s defense. This won’t be close.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are vastly overrating TCU’s defense. This won’t be close.

So, TCU's rushing defense is not great? What defense does Ohio State play is clearly better? You noticed I didn't talk about TCU's pass defense so much? I mentioned their rush defense.

I might be way off. Definitely have been before.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're also vastly underrating Haskins. The offense is built around the run game to an extent, but to act as if 1. TCU is going to shut down Dobbins and Weber when they didn't shut down any team with remotely this much talent in the backfield and 2. that Haskins can't take control of the game with the weapons at his disposal, is just silly. Haskins currently is rated top 5 nationally in QB rating, completion %, and TD passes.

And I can guarantee you the difference between TCU's defense and Rutgers' defense doesn't compare to the difference between SMU's offense and Ohio State's.

Oh, Ohio State also has the best pass rush in the nation according to PFF.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, TCU's rushing defense is not great? What defense does Ohio State play is clearly better? You noticed I didn't talk about TCU's pass defense so much? I mentioned their rush defense.

They got roasted by pretty much any team with talent on the same level as Ohio state has in their backfield last season. Go look what oklahoma and Rodney Anderson did to them last season. Justice Hill ran for 102 yards and two TD’s last season on them when they play OK state. I don’t know where you’re getting this idea that they’re some stud rushing D but when the play against a talented backfield they really aren’t world beaters at all

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're also vastly underrating Haskins. The offense is built around the run game to an extent, but to act as if 1. TCU is going to shut down Dobbins and Weber when they didn't shut down any team with remotely this much talent in the backfield and 2. that Haskins can't take control of the game with the weapons at his disposal, is just silly. Haskins currently is rated top 5 nationally in QB rating, completion %, and TD passes.

And I can guarantee you the difference between TCU's defense and Rutgers' defense doesn't compare to the difference between SMU's offense and Ohio State's.

Oh, Ohio State also has the best pass rush in the nation according to PFF.

I also have TCU winning by 6. I don't have them blowing out Ohio State. So, I don't expect a lot of offense from TCU either.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have TCU winning by 6. I don't have them blowing out Ohio State. So, I don't expect a lot of offense from TCU either.

Oh it’ll be a blow out but it won’t be by TCU.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I guess I'm just not seeing where they hold us to 14 points. That's happened twice in the 6+ years Urban has coached at Ohio State, once by a Clemson defense that was among one of the best defenses in the 2000s and once 3 years ago in a driving rainstorm against Michigan State.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah had extremely talented teams in 2004 and 2008 that went undefeated and won Fiesta and Sugar Bowls. Those teams were straight up legit. Other than that, not really relevant.
Utah in its MWC days was a lot like BSU and TCU. You don't have the influx of consistent talent to year after year be a threat, but once every 3 or 4 years you get combination of experience and talent that is magic. What sets Utah, TCU and BSU apart from the rest is that they found a way to win. Have respect for TCU and Utah to date for that reason.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah in its MWC days was a lot like BSU and TCU. You don't have the influx of consistent talent to year after year be a threat, but once every 3 or 4 years you get combination of experience and talent that is magic. What sets Utah, TCU and BSU apart from the rest is that they found a way to win. Have respect for TCU and Utah to date for that reason.

Those were two special seasons for them to be sure, but to me Utah is no
where even near TCU and Boise's level and has never been. In fact TCU used to beat the shit out of them in most seasons in the MWC and Boise has absolutely destroyed them when they've played. Plus Boise and TCU have been much higher in the rankings on a consistent basis. In most years Utah doesn't even finish the season ranked.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where even near TCU and Boise's level and has never been. In fact TCU used to beat the shit out of them in most seasons in the MWC and Boise has absolutely destroyed them when they've played. Plus Boise and TCU have been much higher in the rankings on a consistent basis. In most years Utah doesn't even finish the season ranked.
Agree totally, I was just being as PC as I could to those 2 or 3 Utah fans here. Truth be known, Utah State has put up a better fight than Utah has.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one in the Big 12 is going to have great pass defense stats...even if they are decent at defending the pass. Which some claim never happens.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah had extremely talented teams in 2004 and 2008 that went undefeated and won Fiesta and Sugar Bowls. Those teams were straight up legit. Other than that, not really relevant.

Yeah, forgot about them. Credit should be given where credit is due.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was disappointed in Utah the last time they played TCU. Horny Toads went into Salt Lake City with a lot on the line and beat Utah by 40 points.

That said, I think Whittingham is a pretty good coach. JMO.