• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My thoughts.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate freese is not ready for the NFL.

Joique bell is a fucking liability out there.

Matt Stafford played like shit the 2nd half. Some will say don't blame Stafford but he threw some terrible passes.

Why the fuck does bell re-enter the game after those fumbles? Caldwell needs to hold these players accountable. If you have 3 fumbles in 2 games you need to ride the bench. Not get rewarded with extra touches.

Defense as a whole played well.

Fuck Pettigrew and his stupid drop.

None of the penalties really bothered me much.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are that the Lions are good enough to pound on teams like the Giants, but not good enough to beat the contenders (as usual). Carolina, a playoff team, just whooped our asses.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are that the Lions are good enough to pound on teams like the Giants, but not good enough to beat the contenders (as usual). Carolina, a playoff team, just whooped our asses.

True. Same old shit. I didn't think we could get worse than Akers but I was sadly mistaken. You can't go into playoff contending type teams and start shanking field goals all over the place. Completely kills the momentum from last weeks big game. Regardless, the Lions were in this one deep and once again, instead of trusting the system or offensive game plan, Stafford tries to force feed Calvin, over and over. No way in hell Tate shouldn't of had 10+ catches today with all the underneath stuff, they were playing safeties 20 yards back again. Completely on the offense today, especially Freeze. Killing all of their first half momentum with those misses. :lame:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kicking is the one position where it doesn't matter if you are in the NFL or college or pee wee. It's all mental and nothing else. The guy can kick 50 yarders with ease.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is so depressing on this site. Some of the things said is just rediculous.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kicking is the one position where it doesn't matter if you are in the NFL or college or pee wee. It's all mental and nothing else. The guy can kick 50 yarders with ease.

Whatever the reason, he sucks. And needs to be replaced.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joique bell is a fucking liability out there.

Matt Stafford played like shit the 2nd half. Some will say don't blame Stafford but he threw some terrible passes.

Why the fuck does bell re-enter the game after those fumbles? Caldwell needs to hold these players accountable. If you have 3 fumbles in 2 games you need to ride the bench. Not get rewarded with extra touches.

Defense as a whole played well.

Fuck Pettigrew and his stupid drop.

None of the penalties really bothered me much.

Other than throwing BP in there, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Tully and DTs played very well. Thought Slay held strong. Got owned by an excellent TE, but what can you do? Rather get owned by a TE in the short/mid game than elsewhere.

Bell is not a good football player. Had a lot of yards though today. Doesn't erase the fact this loss should be on the cover page of his résumé.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our guys had trouble getting open and the line had trouble in protection in the second half. Then Matty started playing Matty ball and forcing it.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We whooped our own asses. Controlled the entire first half and was down 6-0 due to turnovers and missed FGs. Came out early in the second half and took the lead. Offense decided they were going to be a quick strike offense instead of doing what was working for them and they imploded. Too little time of possession exhausted the defense. Lions beat themselves today. Carolina just happened to be on the field.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had a work thing this morning so i had to miss the 1st quarter; but for my 2 cents stafford made 1 horribly stupid decision when he forgot he wasnt in a dome and was throwing against the wind and fucked up the deep pass.

then we relied on a 3rd string RT to not fuck up and surprise surprise he fucked up immeasurably. this offense could have made something of a comeback down 17 but when your RT is literally the worst in the league, and you are on the road. you are not making up 6 lost points and all of the fucking turnovers.

toss in aj green going out in the 1st and i am beyond fucking done with this sunday. worst one in a while and it needs to be next week now.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems I picked a good game to work during.

Need to read more on this game and watch replay. Reading what little bit I have so far... Not good at all.

The Italian is not the answer. He may have been better in camp but still was not stellar.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer to me for the second half collapse this year remains in some ways the same as last year. We don't have enough DL depth. Once our starters get tired, we can't pressure the opposing QB, and they light us up.

This is why I was cautious last week. We just made a Carolina offense that should be pretty bad this year look capable and that should scare the hell out of us. On offense fumbles are game-killers, but the Panthers D should be the second-best in the league after Seattle this year IMO.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems I picked a good game to work during.

Need to read more on this game and watch replay. Reading what little bit I have so far... Not good at all.

The Italian is not the answer. He may have been better in camp but still was not stellar.

You probably did. I am sure some people enjoyed the game because they like shitting on the Lions. For the most part it was a terrible offensive effort with solid defensive play. Lions offense kept turning it over, missing fg's and giving carolina good field position.

It will be interesting to see how this new staff responds. We know the old staff could not correct this kind of play and once it started it carried from game to game. I was pretty upset that Bell stayed in after fumbling twice. Caldwell should have benched him. I am sure Bell had excuses but no excuse for not securing the ball. Caldwell has now seen first hand what our offense looks like when Stafford plays bad. (2nd half). He and Lombardi need to fix it.

I think we had 5 fumbles, 3 lost. And another 2 that were fumbles but refs called them down or incomplete. Not sure if it was 7 or 6 total times we let the ball hit the floor but it was alot.

O line is going to get a lot of crap this week, but they were decent until the 2nd half of the 4th quarter. Then they just gave up.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O line is going to get a lot of crap this week, but they were decent until the 2nd half of the 4th quarter. Then they just gave up.

It was only the RT, we lost the starter and the backup, we don't have a great third option there and it showed.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure Mebert? Looked like they were coming in from all sides? I remember reading we were starting a Guard at Tackle because of the lack of options.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Reynolds initially, but he got benched for Lucas late, 2.5 of the 4 sacks came from the RT spot, I don't want to think about what would have happened if Hardy had been there. Hopefully Waddle is back soon.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL yea that is something they need to fix. Now granted, panthers D, especially the front 7 is better than most. Probably the toughest D we will face in the regular season this year. But our offense was completely off. All of them.

How they respond next week vs GB will tell us if this staff is any better than the last. Any team can have a bad game. Good teams rebound from them.