• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My thoughts on the game

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The free fall from what he was last year is what has people concerned.

Meh. I wouldn't consider it a free fall. If you take out the Seattle/Indy game, he has 6 TDs to 0 INTs. The yardage isn't there, but a lot of that is because of the game-plan, IMO.

I agree he's regressed, but that happens sometimes with young QBs. He doesn't have his top two receivers from a year ago. Delanie Walker is now a 3rd round rookie. Vernon Davis is hurt and missed a game. Jon Baldwin is still learning the offense.

Stop bitching and let it play it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can we just get rid of Marlon Moore? He's a total waste of a roster spot at this point. If we cut BJ Daniels in favor of Moore, and actually did want to keep Daniels around, that would be a tremendous disappointment.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yes, agree. if Kaep continues to play like this, he obviously won't get a mega deal.

the passing game always start with the QB, and Kaep just doesn't have "it". wait, isn't showing "it", except for the Green Bay game. its an intangibles thing cause his protection has been good for the most part. i'm sure there are times the receivers aren't open, but even when they are.........

he has time to keep gaining experience.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I wouldn't consider it a free fall. If you take out the Seattle/Indy game, he has 6 TDs to 0 INTs. The yardage isn't there, but a lot of that is because of the game-plan, IMO.

I agree he's regressed, but that happens sometimes with young QBs. He doesn't have his top two receivers from a year ago. Delanie Walker is now a 3rd round rookie. Vernon Davis is hurt and missed a game. Jon Baldwin is still learning the offense.

I would agree with the fact that Kap has no WRs from last season that he might feel comfortable with. What I would disagree with is taking away two games(losses) and posts stats about it. Kap never had VD on his radar last season. He needs time ,for sure ,because he can't complete passes, makes bad reads and gets flustered out of the pocket and stares down his targets. I don't consider it a free fall ,I just see him as a reckless QB when asked to handle the game.JMO

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can we just get rid of Marlon Moore? He's a total waste of a roster spot at this point. If we cut BJ Daniels in favor of Moore, and actually did want to keep Daniels around, that would be a tremendous disappointment.

agreed. he's useless

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't know. He's VERY lucky he wasn't picked off by Lauranaitis twice against he Rams, and Joseph (I think) against the Texans. I wouldn't characterize his performance as a free fall, but he's pretty clearly regressed.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/07/refo-hou-sf-week-5/

Brock, Tarell Brown and Carlos Rogers all graded firmly in the green and gave up just 62 yards between them on 14 targets. Brown may not have had the picks of Brock, but he was thrown at three more times and allowed 7 fewer yards. He limited Andre Johnson to just 25 receiving yards on five targets into his coverage.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Blaming Kap's struggles on the supporting cast doesn't paint an accurate picture. He has had open receivers who he either a) fails to see, or b) misses when he throws at them. He hasn't seemed quite right since the GB game. Something's got to give. Especially if the injuries keep piling up on D, we'll need our offense - and our passing offense in particular - to do more at some point.

I agree with this! Wilson I would say has the same if not worse supporting cast yet he is making plays both with his arms and legs... Wilson just seems more decisive and knows how to read defenses better at this point. Kaep pretty much has the same deal this year as last with the swapping of bold in and crabs... Kaep has struggled and most of that is him.

I think they are going back to basics and going back on the things they didn't harp on last year when he had so much success. Like reading and going thru progressions.

Not entirely too worried as kaep is a playmaker and he just needs to get out of his own head and play
With instincts again.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with this! Wilson I would say has the same if not worse supporting cast yet he is making plays both with his arms and legs... Wilson just seems more decisive and knows how to read defenses better at this point. Kaep pretty much has the same deal this year as last with the swapping of bold in and crabs... Kaep has struggled and most of that is him.

I think they are going back to basics and going back on the things they didn't harp on last year when he had so much success. Like reading and going thru progressions.

Not entirely too worried as kaep is a playmaker and he just needs to get out of his own head and play
With instincts again

yes, you can see Wilson is playing with more intangibles. so not that Kaep doesn't have any himself, just not quite as developed, not as consistent.

yes, we can only hope Kaep gains more 'instinct' with more games? he won't make a big jump in intangibles, but a little will help. a little more consistency with what he does have will help.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

With instincts again.

I'm not convinced Wilson has been much better than Kap, especially as a passer. I have seen a fair bit of the Hawks this year, and I'm hard pressed to think of more than one or two throws he's made from the pocket.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced Wilson has been much better than Kap, especially as a passer. I have seen a fair bit of the Hawks this year, and I'm hard pressed to think of more than one or two throws he's made from the pocket.

Wilson hasn't played better than Kap they are both on par IMO the only difference is Wilson led his team to beat the 49ers in Quest

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to piggyback your thread Crimson.

I don't really understand why people downplay Brock's play because it was Schaub. On both of his INTs he made a break on the ball instead of just turning around and having a ball fall in his lap... like his haters are making it out to be. Those are receptions if Brock doesn't make the play. Then on his later break up where he had a near INT, he played perfect coverage on a deep ball.

[YOUTUBE]P-jlJLy_6SM[/YOUTUBE]

1st play was the pass to Baldwin that went out of bounds. I liked it because Baldwin still hauled it in despite the not so great pass and the CB shoving him while he was in the air, that is nice concentration.

The bad... Kap needs to stop locking in on his first read. The 2nd play is the pass on 3rd down that he locked in on Boldin and quite frankly was bailed out by a holding penalty, in that same field of vision VD got wide open for a much much easier pass.

The 3rd play. He locked in on VD for a short cross, but Kyle Williams was open for a TD. It looks more wide open because the CB stopped once Kap passes, but that CB was playing so soft that Kyle had lots of space and I don't think the CB could have recovered after Kyle cut inside. Settled for a FG that drive since the next play was that kind of strange pass to VD near the goal line as you can see.

5th Play is just the VD TD, thought some of you might want to see that on coaches film.

Last edited by a moderator:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we don't know what open receivers Wilson may or may not be seeing, so it's hard to really compare. We are seeing what kaep is missing and it's clear he needs to work on it. I'd like to read something indicating he's working on it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Speaking of Brock's nice plays, I'm still quite frustrated by this:

49ers Blog and Q&A: Marcus Cooper making plays in KC, ex-49ers teammates noticing

With our need next season at CB, it would have been really nice to be bringing along Cooper. Going into next season with Culliver, Brock, Cooper, and Morris, along with a high draft pick, hopefully, would have made me feel considerably better than I do right now.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
we don't know what open receivers Wilson may or may not be seeing, so it's hard to really compare. We are seeing what kaep is missing and it's clear he needs to work on it. I'd like to read something indicating he's working on it.

Wilson so rarely throws from the pocket these days that he's got to be missing a ton of open receivers. A lot of folks - read: seattle fans - chalk that up to the pressure due to the OL injuries, but I don't think that answers the question entirely.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of Brock's nice plays, I'm still quite frustrated by this:

49ers Blog and Q&A: Marcus Cooper making plays in KC, ex-49ers teammates noticing

With our need next season at CB, it would have been really nice to be bringing along Cooper. Going into next season with Culliver, Brock, Cooper, and Morris, along with a high draft pick, hopefully, would have made me feel considerably better than I do right now.

yeah would've been nice to keep more players, but how would we fit Cooper on the 53? which current CB would've been gone?

obviously, we couldn't get him to the PS.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah would've been nice to keep more players, but how would we fit Cooper on the 53? which current CB would've been gone?

obviously, we couldn't get him to the PS.

Nnamdi, in hindsight.