• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My thoughts on the game

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won!!!!

seeing the pull and wham plays on offense brought sweet joy to my football stomache.... awww that felt real good!

Passing woes still there though, Kap is still hesistant to run when the pocket collapses... Hopefully this won't be a concern going forward...

Can we get Baldwin a legit chance? LOL... i mean the two throws to him were like wtf was he suppose to do there? lol

defense played strong, pass rush worries me more, Dorsey needs to step up more(didn't like his run blocking) and now Ray Ray hurt... fml... BTW I think Brock is making a strong case to stay at #3...

Reid was a beast!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I think the team had a great game plan. Coaching did a great job. A lot of positives.

I think its clear that we need to trade for a WR. Kap has no weapons right now and needs WR that can get open. VD banged up doesn't help.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I dont like this argument that he doesn't have any weapons or options at all.

He has Boldin, Vernon, a high draft pick 2nd TE, some good pass catching RB's, and then some very mediocre receivers. This should be plenty to be an efficient and good passer. He should not be struggling as near as much as he is.

There are plenty of teams that dont have a ton of weapons for their QB's and they still perform. Chargers, Raiders, Panthers, Patriots(Not a good comparison because Brady is one of the best), Seattle, Baltimore(although Flacco is playing like shit), Tennesse,

I'll give you Rivers, Pryor and Locker but Wilson has only played a little better than Kap so far. Newton and Flacco aren't performing despite their weapons.

And the almighty Brady and the Patriots offense has struggled so far this season. The Pats went from being the number one scoring offense last season at 34 points a game to being in the lower half so far this season at 19.

That right there should go to show that talent and chemistry matter. If a QB of Brady's caliber can struggle with having almost a new cast around him than even moreso to expect if from a young guy like Kap who Davis was the only real guy that he had time with last season. Everyone else is new or in Williams case has virtually limited reps with Kap.

Also the other element that's hurting us is we desperately lack speed and as Clyde said in one of his topics we've got to be one of the slowest offenses right now.

That's not to absolve Kap completely as he does have his share of the blame for his performance but considering his game experience to date and what he has to work with I think he's going through typical growing pains of a young QB.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Texans do do a good job of batting balls but I dont think its a bad luck thing.

We are seeing a lot more batted balls this season and it's all related to Kap's progressions. He continues to stare down receivers and is telegraphing when he is going to throw it(ex. patting the ball w/his other hand)

Bad luck is not entirely fair, I agree. Though I don't think staring down receivers has nearly as much to do with DL play as it does DB play. The Texans are great at batting balls. That's not luck, it's clearly something they work at. But it's not something that's likely to happen every week.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll give you Rivers, Pryor and Locker but Wilson has only played a little better than Kap so far. Newton and Flacco aren't performing despite their weapons.

And the almighty Brady and the Patriots offense has struggled so far this season. The Pats went from being the number one scoring offense last season at 34 points a game to being in the lower half so far this season at 19.

That right there should go to show that talent and chemistry matter. If a QB of Brady's caliber can struggle with having almost a new cast around him than even moreso to expect if from a young guy like Kap who Davis was the only real guy that he had time with last season. Everyone else is new or in Williams case has virtually limited reps with Kap.

Also the other element that's hurting us is we desperately lack speed and as Clyde said in one of his topics we've got to be one of the slowest offenses right now.

That's not to absolve Kap completely as he does have his share of the blame for his performance but considering his game experience to date and what he has to work with I think he's going through typical growing pains of a young QB.

Definitely QB's are going to struggle without weapons, no argument there. But my argument is Kaepernick's stuggles have been way more than just weapons.

Kaepernick is playing extremely shitty right now and has stuggled a lot more than others. Even if he doesn't have a lot weapons, he should still be able to perform at a higher level than he is right now. I've seen way too much game file of him either completely missing wide open plays or him missing throws due to accuracy and/or touch issues. I've seen numerous plays of him panicking, being indecisive, and creating pressure on him self in the pocket because his 1st read is covered and refuses for some reason to go through his progressions.

A look at the numbers from the last 4 games--

Approximately 150 yards passing.
avg of 33yrds rushing. averaging 15 yrds rushing in the last 3 games.
completing 50.5% of his passes
3 td's, 4 ints

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I will say, the way we've played the last two weeks makes me excited for when/if we finally get healthy. If we get Willis, Aldon, Manningham, and Crabtree back, this team could be really, really good by the end of the year and the playoffs. Of course, that also assumes we don't suffer any more serious injuries (read: Ray Mac).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 for 15 for 113 yards. Unacceptable.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
**I guess it should be noted in my above post, that I haven't watched the other QB's as nearly close as I have Kaepernick. I havent rewatched any of their games or looked at the coaches film that is made available to fans like I have Kaepernick. **

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Definitely QB's are going to struggle without weapons, no argument there. But my argument is Kaepernick's stuggles have been way more than just weapons.

Kaepernick is playing extremely shitty right now and has stuggled a lot more than others. Even if he doesn't have a lot weapons, he should still be able to perform at a higher level than he is right now. I've seen way too much game file of him either completely missing wide open plays or him missing throws due to accuracy and/or touch issues. I've seen numerous plays of him panicking, being indecisive, and creating pressure on him self in the pocket because his 1st read is covered and refuses for some reason to go through his progressions.

3 td's, 4 ints

I agree. Blaming Kap's struggles on the supporting cast doesn't paint an accurate picture. He has had open receivers who he either a) fails to see, or b) misses when he throws at them. He hasn't seemed quite right since the GB game. Something's got to give. Especially if the injuries keep piling up on D, we'll need our offense - and our passing offense in particular - to do more at some point.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kaepernick is clearly struggling, but it's not only due to him missing open receivers (as in not seeing them, and overthrowing), I think it's also the Jekyll and Hyde offensive game plans, his security blanket (Crabtree) being out, this being only a full season of starting so far, and Harbaugh obviously instructing him not to run as much (the Colt McCoy factor). He really needs a period like Russell Wilson had the first half of last season, where Pete Carroll really didn't ask Wilson to do too much and let the game sort of come to him, relying on Marshawn Lynch more than anything.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tumblr_lyvq47DWd81rn95k2o1_500.gif

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 td's, 4 ints

No one's denying Kaepernick is struggling. Young QBs struggle sometimes. He has just about a full season's worth of games under his built now. Let's keep things in that perspective. Young QBs go through rough patches. Let it play out.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one's denying Kaepernick is struggling. Young QBs struggle sometimes. He has just about a full season's worth of games under his built now. Let's keep things in that perspective. Young QBs go through rough patches. Let it play out.

The free fall from what he was last year is what has people concerned.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

These are my thoughts as well.

In my previous post I didn't mean to make it sound like I was excusing Kap or putting it all on the weapons.

My point is like Clyde said is he's a young QB with basically one season under his belt so he's going to have some ups (GB) and some downs (SEA, IND) and it's just a natural part of the growing process.

I just think the weapons around him and the fact they are almost all new faces make those struggles even worse and more difficult for him.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

It was a weird game so the stat line doesn't bother me for this one. With that line we still won the game 34-3 which was a testament to kinda how odd the game was.

We got a free 7 points right off the bat, the offense drove for another, and Houston basically gave us another easy score.

There was really no chance or need to really air the ball out so we basically didn't and just settled for killing time by running the rock.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are my thoughts as well.

In my previous post I didn't mean to make it sound like I was excusing Kap or putting it all on the weapons.

My point is like Clyde said is he's a young QB with basically one season under his belt so he's going to have some ups (GB) and some downs (SEA, IND) and it's just a natural part of the growing process.

I just think the weapons around him and the fact they are almost all new faces make those struggles even worse and more difficult for him.

Yeah, I hope it didn't come across that way for me either. I think you and I were just pointing to that as a factor in his struggles, not the sole reason.

It isn't an excuse and it is a real issue. Tom Brady is a perfect example for that this year. He has a brand new WR corps with a lot of youth and inexperience and he has been missing his favorite target due to injury. So far he is completing 56.6% of his passes for 1,211 yards, 7 TDs and 3 INTs with a passer rating of 80.5... nearly 16 points below his career passer rating. Very similar to Kap's 56.1%, 6 TDs, 4 INTs, 969 yards and passer rating of 81.9. No question that Kap is in a better situation with Boldin and VD, but if a group of young WRs can affect Brady.

Another factor is that defenses have taken away the pistol/read-option plays this year. That has hurt Wilson and RG3 as well. I think those plays helped settle the QBs down and got them into a groove and more importantly it kept defenses on their heels instead of attacking the QB. This year defenses figured out how to attack the QB and still stop the run on those plays.