• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My review/thoughts on the game

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-What a crazy game. Pretty frustrating at times but thank god we got the W. Needed it obviously for the playoffs and nice having a W for the farewell to Candlestick.

-This game had so many extremes from the 1st half to the 2nd half and on player evaluations. Really inconsistent performance.

-Kaepernick in the first half looked like shit. He looked slow, poor reads, and poor accuracy. He redeemed himself in the 2nd half and looked like whole new QB. Overall a slightly above average performance I'd say.

-Vernon Davis was terrible. Looked very unnatural on a few passing plays and didn't do anything. Hopefully his injury was just something in his eye like what someone reported.

-Eric Reid had his worst game of career. He missed a couple of tackles and gave up a long TD. The first TD he has ever given up too. With Reid though, these mistakes I think are a good thing. He learns from them and will get better from this. I still have all the confidence in him.

-Our corners were pretty crappy. Brock and Rogers seemed to be getting abused quite a bit. Brock definitely redeemed himself at the end of the game. Brown I think had a decent game. Hopefully his injury isn't serious.

-Gore and Hunter both played pretty good. They were average/slightly above avg through the first half of football and then played great down the stretch.

-Vance Mcdonald
continues to fuck up when given opportunities. I really dont have too much faith on him ever panning out. Hasn't really shown anything all year.

-Willis was a machine out there. He looked like his old self. I was losing faith in him and thought he lost a step. It was nice to see his old self.

-Bowman had a good game as well. Our defense in general really wasn't good. A lot of poor performances or average at best. Willis and Bowman are the few that showed up.

-Crabtree is so huge for our offense. Its amazing how valuable he is and he isn't 100%. He'll keep getting healthier and better so good news come the playoffs.

-Dawson is money. Love having this going into the playoffs.

-Oline didnt seem to play all that well. Like the rest of the team, they were pretty inconsistent. The run blocking was definitely better than the pass blocking. At times they looked dominate and others horrible.

-Thank god we pulled out the win! Our team just seemed off. There were so many mess ups and poor performances that it looked like at many times that we were going to blow it. I wouldve hated going into the last week with our playoffs possibly on the line. Now we still have a shot for that first round bye.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love these post game analysis. They're like my little desert after a great meal.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrating doesn't even describe it but the offense came alive in the second ahlf. Unbelievable ending. I thought we were dead.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Disagree on Vance. He has been great in blocking. Hasn't shown well in the passing game, but he is just a rookie.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you lord Defense!

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha.....

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrating doesn't even describe it but the offense came alive in the second ahlf. Unbelievable ending. I thought we were dead.

You... doubting? Never! ;)

There are also games where we are favored and you think we're dead before kickoff.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post!

I will say... Where's the mention of boldin? Honestly sign this man up right now! He has saved our damn season. No doubt Crabtree has been great. But if we don't try to keep boldin, then we are retarded. This guy comes up big when we need him. Pay the man!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I agree Vance is a great blocker & blocked great tonight. I'm worried about his F-ups when the ball is in the air, but you'd think that's fixable. I mean he's not going to trip all the time. And that first drop a few weeks ago was good defense as well.

The O-line did great except for Goodwin (again). That guy is Kyle-Williams bad.

Makes me almost wish the Niners would trade for Nick Mangonld in the offseason after the Jets franchise him, but that'd be a little crazy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
want to add kap was a monster in the 2nd half and dixon played very well at FB.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, first game post-Miller wasn't horrible from a FB perspective. Not perfect, but considering we had one week to improvise, it could have been much worse. Time will tell.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I missed pretty much all of the second and third quarters, but I was disappointed in the pass rush. We weren't getting great pressure, even though Matty was doing a pretty good job of getting the ball out quickly. I would have liked to have seen more press coverage in this one.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed pretty much all of the second and third quarters, but I was disappointed in the pass rush. We weren't getting great pressure, even though Matty was doing a pretty good job of getting the ball out quickly. I would have liked to have seen more press coverage in this one.

Agreed. Fangio needs to dial up some more exotic stuff. This 3-4 man rush won't work every Game.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of those pass pays made our CB's look worse than they are. Quite a few were when we were in our BS cover 3 zone which we seem to go into most of the time on 3rd downs and it's vulnerable big time when our pass rush wasn't getting home like tonight. Plus our corners usually play way off and that lets open the quick 2 second throws Matt Ryan was hitting on.

Reid did have a bad day and I think he just really underestimated the speed of Roddy White. He didn't realize how far down the field White was until he turned around and then tried to kick it in gear. For that to be the first TD he's given up as a rookie in game 15 is awesome for him and he'll learn.

The thing that can be frustrating lately with Willis and Bowman is they play great most times, but it's only when they play angry or with big time emotion do we see them take over games. With the Cards up next I don't think that will be a problem. Seattle and and us don't like each other especially lately, but the Cards and us have hated each other for a long time.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are so down on Vance McDonald and I don't see why. He is moving from WR which he played in college to TE. He has learned to block great. He also is learning how to catch better. He did not start off as a receiver until his junior year in college. Before that he was a OLB. TE is also a position that is tough to learn. Especially for the 49ers who use them all over the place and sometimes 2 or 3 in a play at a time. Then he will also play some fullback as well.

Delaine Walker who also moved from WR to TE has a horrendous rookie season and got better. Vernon Davis had a sub par rookie year too. TEs usually struggle early. Gronk and Jimmy Graham are not the norm. Vance will get better. He had to learn how to block as a TE instead of a WR and that is how they used him most of the season. Next year it will be route running and catching.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
People are so down on Vance McDonald and I don't see why. He is moving from WR which he played in college to TE. He has learned to block great. He also is learning how to catch better. He did not start off as a receiver until his junior year in college. Before that he was a OLB. TE is also a position that is tough to learn. Especially for the 49ers who use them all over the place and sometimes 2 or 3 in a play at a time. Then he will also play some fullback as well.

Delaine Walker who also moved from WR to TE has a horrendous rookie season and got better. Vernon Davis had a sub par rookie year too. TEs usually struggle early. Gronk and Jimmy Graham are not the norm. Vance will get better. He had to learn how to block as a TE instead of a WR and that is how they used him most of the season. Next year it will be route running and catching.

He played in the slot a lot, but he was a TE at Rice. And I'm fairly certain he never played OLB. He was named Rice's leading receiver in his sophomore year, according to their official webpage.

http://www.riceowls.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mcdonald_vance00.html

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of those pass pays made our CB's look worse than they are. Quite a few were when we were in our BS cover 3 zone which we seem to go into most of the time on 3rd downs and it's vulnerable big time when our pass rush wasn't getting home like tonight. Plus our corners usually play way off and that lets open the quick 2 second throws Matt Ryan was hitting on.

Reid did have a bad day and I think he just really underestimated the speed of Roddy White. He didn't realize how far down the field White was until he turned around and then tried to kick it in gear. For that to be the first TD he's given up as a rookie in game 15 is awesome for him and he'll learn.

The thing that can be frustrating lately with Willis and Bowman is they play great most times, but it's only when they play angry or with big time emotion do we see them take over games. With the Cards up next I don't think that will be a problem. Seattle and and us don't like each other especially lately, but the Cards and us have hated each other for a long time.

Referring our DBS. Rogers has got to go.....

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bowman does it again is the biggest storyline...he was the one who broke up the pass in the NFFCG last year and now this Int for a pick 6.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've mentioned this before, but does it seem to anyone else like Kap drops WAY too far back sometimes? I haven't actually counted steps, but his seven-step drops take him back like 10+ yards, and make it very hard for his OTs to get the DEs past him. It seems like this is at least partially responsible for him getting forced up in the pocket, leading to frenetic runs, sacks, or rushed and ill-advised throws.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've mentioned this before, but does it seem to anyone else like Kap drops WAY too far back sometimes? I haven't actually counted steps, but his seven-step drops take him back like 10+ yards, and make it very hard for his OTs to get the DEs past him. It seems like this is at least partially responsible for him getting forced up in the pocket, leading to frenetic runs, sacks, or rushed and ill-advised throws.

He's a long strider, even when he's taking drop-back steps. His footwork in general could stand a lot of improvement. Pocket presence, as well.

The good news is there is still room for improvement for him, and if he does ever improve on these things, he's going to be scary. We'll see.