• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My review of the game - Wow, what a fun game to watch last night

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, what a fun game to watch last night!! Great performance by many players. Tons of positives from last night.

~I think our coaches deserve a good portion of the credit last night. We had some nice play calls and the players looked ready. To add to this point, I think Colin Kaepernick's post game interview with Dilfer, Young and Scott was telling. Kaep said numerous times that the Bears did what we thought they were going to do. He also said he wasn't really surprised by anything. This is good preparation by the staff and players. They scouted them, had a good game plan, and were well prepared.

~Not much really has to be said about Kaepernick but wow was I surprised. I knew he had zip and arm strength. I knew he had mobility. The accuracy, touch passes, going through his reads and pre-snap reads/audibles(only a few bad here ex. Gores -5 or -6 yard run) are what were surprising and very good. Everyone could tell our offense looked different last night and seemed much more dangerous. Kaepernick did miss a few throws that could have been huge plays but he hit many as well. Additionally, its a good sign that he his making the right reads and making the right throw, just has to connect on a few of them which is tough for a first time starter to do. Still very early but if Kaepernick can continue to play close to the level we saw last night, we are the team to beat and superbowl favorites.

~Many players I thought were regressing or not playing up to their normal level, played like their old selves last night. Patrick Willis was making play after play last night and I thought he wasn't playing lately to his elite status. Justin Smith looked like his old dominate self. Bowman had a very strong game as well. He was all over the field! Watching him on ST's chase down Hester was a thing of beauty and impressive. These three players I didn't think were playing at the levels they were capable of lately. Last night was very encouraging to see.

~Aldon Smith obviously had an unbelievable night. Just a monster. He was showing off all his moves. quick inside moves, crazy bull rushes, what a weapon to have on defense.

~Brooks continues to have a very strong season. He might not get some of the hype as some as the other players but he makes a number of very solid plays throughout the game. He seems to be one of the more consistent players on our team as well.

~O line is never an easy thing to evaluate, especially just watching it once and live but they appeared to have played very well. I think Davis and Goodwin had a few missed blocks. Goodwin probably had the worst performance on the line and this is getting a little nit picky. Staley seemed to have a great game. Had some nice blocks and barely even remember seeing Peppers get much pressure.

~Crabtrees YAC is starting to become what people thought he was coming out of Texas Tech. These last few weeks Crabtree has been breaking tackles like crazy. Crabtree is becoming a redzone threat now too. He as something like 4 TD's in the last 3 games?

~It was great to see Vernon involved again. He has to be involved in our offense and it was surprising with Smith in at QB that he wasn't seeing the throws. Just way too great and explosive of a player for him to not get opportunities.

Post game locker room video
Locker Room Speech: 49ers vs Bears

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Write-up!

I watched the video you provided a link for and if anyone watches that you should watch Vernon and how he praises Kap. He starts off in college mode then quickly drops into his Academy Award acceptance speech mode - Funny as hell.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shoutout to out DBs. They had a good game as well. Not great but good. I'm mad about that TD pass we gave up to Marshall, but it was bound to happen under the circumstances...

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great Write-up!

I watched the video you provided a link for and if anyone watches that you should watch Vernon and how he praises Kap. He starts off in college mode then quickly drops into his Academy Award acceptance speech mode - Funny as hell.

Ha that is pretty funny, nice comparison too

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha that is pretty funny, nice comparison too

Haha - I know right?!? - I would like to thank my Mom and my Dad and Colin Kaepernick for this opportunity - Just fricken hilarious!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep last night - "The Bears are who we thought they were that's why we took the damn field." (Took, here, means dominated.)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o wow, that kap quote will fire up the bears if we play them in the playoffs.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep last night - "The Bears are who we thought they were that's why we took the damn field." (Took, here, means dominated.)

o wow, that kap quote will fire up the bears if we play them in the playoffs.

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I thought this was famous enough of a quote - I was paraphrasing from this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The defense impressed me by having a bounce back game after that very disappointing performance against the Rams. Granted the Bears gave them a lot of help but I still credit the defense for being able to bounce back strong.

I love how well Harbaugh and company play the mental chess match aspect of the game and that aspect is very unappreciated as people focus on X's and O's and player performance when it comes to coaching.

I said in another thread before the game that we should go pass heavy first because running the ball and protecting your young QB making his first start would be the logical thing to do and thus the Bears were going to be counting on it. So with that in mind passing on them would be a sucker punch they weren't counting on and passing is what we did and we hurt them pretty badly on it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The defense impressed me by having a bounce back game after that very disappointing performance against the Rams. Granted the Bears gave them a lot of help but I still credit the defense for being able to bounce back strong.

I love how well Harbaugh and company play the mental chess match aspect of the game and that aspect is very unappreciated as people focus on X's and O's and player performance when it comes to coaching.

I said in another thread before the game that we should go pass heavy first because running the ball and protecting your young QB making his first start would be the logical thing to do and thus the Bears were going to be counting on it. So with that in mind passing on them would be a sucker punch they weren't counting on and passing is what we did and we hurt them pretty badly on it.

agree with the defense, we now take them for granted every game. but no defense is 'elite' every single outing, all four quarters.

prior to the game, also wanted them to pass from the pocket, glad it worked out. did not want 'pass heavy', but glad Kap proved he could throw from the pocket.