• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Prayers might be answered. Herb Sendek-ASU

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GCUA.png

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

bmcgee81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow had no idea GCU had that nice of a place

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to cut Pastner some slack. It's his first gig, and he's only like 35, right? Taking over after Cal at a place like Memphis seemed to me to be too much for him. If he was coaching at a lower mid major right now I think he's be rising through the ranks.

With him getting thrown into Memphis, I think he has to take a step down.

I don't care if he goes to ASU or not. We have an ASU grad as our AD.

I don't think Marshall would go to anywhere less than a tier 1 or tier 2 program. He has proven he can do a lot with a little. I don't see him going to Bama, let alone ASU.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow had no idea GCU had that nice of a place

Yeah, it's only a couple years old and I think this was either their first or second year as a D1 program. If Dan Majerle can start landing some solid recruits then that could be a school on the rise in the next 5-10 years. He's done a great job landing transfers… now he just needs to get some long term pieces.

bmcgee81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's only a couple years old and I think this was either their first or second year as a D1 program. If Dan Majerle can start landing some solid recruits then that could be a school on the rise in the next 5-10 years. He's done a great job landing transfers… now he just needs to get some long term pieces.

And in the WAC too!!! Pretty good for them starting out. I'll have to watch them

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sting, where about is this place in Phoenix? I will be in the area the last weekend of April and I'd love to see it if it's close to the airport. Any idea?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's about a 20 minute drive from Sky Harbor. It's a pretty nice campus… green and palm trees everywhere with the AZ sunsets right over the mountains makes for some nice pics.

Sting, where about is this place in Phoenix? I will be in the area the last weekend of April and I'd love to see it if it's close to the airport. Any idea?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy heck that's pretty. Imma try n get there maybe quick on that Sunday. Unfortunately it's a short trip for me as I come in Friday afternoon n leave Sunday afternoon.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, maybe they should go after Thunder Dan.

I honestly hope they figure it out up there. There is absolutely no reason why there is good basketball in every city around them, but not in PHX.

It would be great for the conference, the "rivalry", and therefore, AZ. COuld you imagine a top ten matchup between ASU and AZ for like a #1 seed ever so often?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't see him taking this job. He wants Coach K's job- eventually whenever that may be. If he leaves Duke he knows he will never get that opportunity. And he may not get it even if he stays.

I was under the impression that Wojo was next in line at duke haha. I feel like he's been waiting forever to take over the program.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression that Wojo was next in line at duke haha. I feel like he's been waiting forever to take over the program.

No one knows who's next in line at this point. And being a former player or assistant makes no difference to me. I'm for getting the best man available when the time comes. But it will most likely be a Duke guy who played for or coached with Coach K.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one knows who's next in line at this point. And being a former player or assistant makes no difference to me. I'm for getting the best man available when the time comes. But it will most likely be a Duke guy who played for or coached with Coach K.

I hear ya, but everything I've heard says they want a "Duke guy". I agree though, they can probably have free pickings if they didn't limit their search.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This next ASU hire is huge. If it ends up a dud then CGU (Grand Canyon University) the upstart new D1 school in PHX with Thunder Dan as the coach and Jerry Colangelo helping fund it's sports programs then they could easily surpass ASU in basketball.

They already took Dewayne Russell from ASU (stud PG for NAU) as he picked to transfer there over ASU. GCU already has a better run student section and their fan base is growing in the Phoenix area. I really think they could be on the rise either way and if ASU doesn't get their shit together ASU could become a THIRD option for recruits going to school in AZ.
NEVER

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want no "ties to UOFA" Archie, Josh, etc.....
I think Capel will be a good recruiting tool for sure. He had some violations in his past and has been hiding behind that reputation on coach K's bench. I think he should stay at Duke for another 4 years or so and take coach K's job when he retires. As our AD stated It's time to become Elite. Enough of this fucking shit of being a 500 level performer and occasionally kicking the UOFA wildcats, UConn or other school's butt. I am sticking with the Devil Nation until I die so to the next coach.....welcome aboard.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting a guy from DUKE is huge gentlemen. Regardless,.....Duke is a household name and recruits will agree to listen and know that SunDevil Nation, our new facilities and more new facilities, Adidas contract and great town for mommy and daddy to visit is the ideal situation. Don't forget the Curtain!

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's get real. Josh Pastner? Haha That's a step down for him. And I highly doubt Archie Miller would even consider coaching in the same state as his brother; makes no sense to compete against him for recruits. I think their best are LSU assistant coach Eric Musselman, Georgia state coach Ron Hunter, or UC Irvine head coach Russell Turner.
We already had Eric here you meathead. He would never come back.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, maybe they should go after Thunder Dan.

I honestly hope they figure it out up there. There is absolutely no reason why there is good basketball in every city around them, but not in PHX.

It would be great for the conference, the "rivalry", and therefore, AZ. COuld you imagine a top ten matchup between ASU and AZ for like a #1 seed ever so often?
Why would Thunder Dan come to ASU when you guys are saying that GCU is better than ASU? I personally think Dan is a shitty coach, great player, great basketball mind but he cannot coach. I have watched most of GCU games.