• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Prayers might be answered. Herb Sendek-ASU

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow, Herb meets with the AD regarding his future as a Sun Devil. 9 years is enough for me. Time for change. I really liked Herb but his recruiting has been sub par, IMO.
I do appreciate him and some of his accomplishments but I will support the decision if they decide to part ways.
Good luck wherever you go Coach Sendek!

and f- you Tucson bastards if we take Josh Pastner, LOL.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow, Herb meets with the AD regarding his future as a Sun Devil. 9 years is enough for me. Time for change. I really liked Herb but his recruiting has been sub par, IMO.
I do appreciate him and some of his accomplishments but I will support the decision if they decide to part ways.

Please, dear god, have Josh Pastner end up at ASU. We will all laugh at you, even more than we already do.

bmcgee81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From a Memphis fan...We hope you take Pastner off of our hands!!!

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a Memphis fan...We hope you take Pastner off of our hands!!!
Is he that bad? I want the Wich State guy (somebody who can win 20 games year in year out. I honestly have not followed Memphis much as of lately. I would also take Randy Benett from St Marys (bring that boy back to Arizona)

bmcgee81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad, just underachieving for what can be done at Memphis.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he that bad? I want the Wich State guy (somebody who can win 20 games year in year out. I honestly have not followed Memphis much as of lately. I would also take Randy Benett from St Marys (bring that boy back to Arizona)

Good luck with that. Alabama is going to throw a giant pile of money at him. If he doesn't leave for Bama he sure as shit isn't going to ASU.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
159-137 in nine years at Arizona State is lame. It is OFFICIAL. Thanks for the memories Herb! NEXT.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: You mean he DIDNT get a 5 year extension for beating UConn in the NIT? :noidea: HAHA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's get real. Josh Pastner? Haha That's a step down for him. And I highly doubt Archie Miller would even consider coaching in the same state as his brother; makes no sense to compete against him for recruits. I think their best are LSU assistant coach Eric Musselman, Georgia state coach Ron Hunter, or UC Irvine head coach Russell Turner.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard he is tough to deal with. great coach but several top university looked right over him because of his attitude. great coach though

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pastner would never go to ASU. It has to be one of the worst HC jobs in the nation.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Josh Pastner's background at Arizona he'd make sense. Money would be an issue though. Pastner makes $2.65 million per year at Memphis and is signed through 2020. Sendek made $1.2 million this year and there's no way ASU would be able to come close to what Pastner is making, so he'd have to be willing to take a major pay cut.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis is a much better job than ASU. Leaving to coach them is like taking a voluntary demotion.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are reporting here locally that it's Duke Assistant Jeff Capel's job if he wants it.
That would be a TERRRRRRRRRIBLE job to take. Compete for the top recruits with Sean Miller? Good luck with that. Capel is much better off going to a mid-major with a history of success, not a major with a history of NONE

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a TERRRRRRRRRIBLE job to take. Compete for the top recruits with Sean Miller? Good luck with that. Capel is much better off going to a mid-major with a history of success, not a major with a history of NONE

I actually don't see him taking this job. He wants Coach K's job- eventually whenever that may be. If he leaves Duke he knows he will never get that opportunity. And he may not get it even if he stays.

bmcgee81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I'm hearing Capel to ASU is almost a done deal. Hopefully this isn't true and they can move on to Pastner

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would actually be a decent hire for ASU if they could get Capel. I don't think they will though…. he's better off almost anywhere else, lol.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This next ASU hire is huge. If it ends up a dud then CGU (Grand Canyon University) the upstart new D1 school in PHX with Thunder Dan as the coach and Jerry Colangelo helping fund it's sports programs then they could easily surpass ASU in basketball.

They already took Dewayne Russell from ASU (stud PG for NAU) as he picked to transfer there over ASU. GCU already has a better run student section and their fan base is growing in the Phoenix area. I really think they could be on the rise either way and if ASU doesn't get their shit together ASU could become a THIRD option for recruits going to school in AZ.