• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My new Avatar.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, how do you like my new Avatar? :loco:

I actually created it for ESPN well over a year ago but they never allowed it to be used. I can't find the Avatar that I regularly use because my memory stick is missing and it is on my old Dell Laptop which is currently non functional.

BTW, How do you post a poll in this thing?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good. I'm going to give this a shot. Hopefully we get some people over here from the ESPN board.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, how do you like my new Avatar? :loco:

I actually created it for ESPN well over a year ago but they never allowed it to be used. I can't find the Avatar that I regularly use because my memory stick is missing and it is on my old Dell Laptop which is currently non functional.

BTW, How do you post a poll in this thing?

First create the poll thread using advanced options, post it. Edit it and add the poll questions. Kind of awkward.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good. I'm going to give this a shot. Hopefully we get some people over here from the ESPN board.

I think I am just going to give that board up. Tired of the trolls. They were just a beating when they came over to the Mavs board incessantly. Also, the new Cardinals board is just overrun with Brewer fans. It has gotten old. :spit:

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First create the poll thread using advanced options, post it. Edit it and add the poll questions. Kind of awkward.

Thanks, I'll try that but I am not that technically savvy. Bad thing is I earned a 2nd major in Physics in my undergrad days. I can sure do some fancy math but that sure seems complicated.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a FAQ link up in the navbar. Everything you need to know about how to work this board is there.

Thanks for signing up.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I'll try that but I am not that technically savvy. Bad thing is I earned a 2nd major in Physics in my undergrad days. I can sure do some fancy math but that sure seems complicated.

I only do statistics and the occasional finite geometry problem for kicks. :D

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only do statistics and the occasional finite geometry problem for kicks. :D

I dropped an Optics course once and then sold the book to a student in the next semester. It was the most awful course ever. Nothing but geometry. Now I am pretty good at statistics. Took a lot of those courses in graduate school.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dropped an Optics course once and then sold the book to a student in the next semester. It was the most awful course ever. Nothing but geometry. Now I am pretty good at statistics. Took a lot of those courses in graduate school.

As you can see from my name 3.14 I majored in math...

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even notice that until now. :( I don't know what is wrong with me. I actually double majored in Biology and Physics and wound up with an accidental minor in math. In my last semester I noticed I had more than enough credits so I went over to the Math department and they penciled it in for me. If I had it to do over I would probably have went Biology/Chemistry and then Mathematics but even though I sucked at Physics it really helped me understand science and chemistry so much better. The truth is I just didn't want to take P-Chem.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a friend who started in physics and switched to mathematics. Said physics had too many fudge factors for his liking. I also minored in computer science, only because I liked programming mathematical methods.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a friend who started in physics and switched to mathematics. Said physics had too many fudge factors for his liking. I also minored in computer science, only because I liked programming mathematical methods.

I took a whole class using Matlab once. Made a B and to this day I don't understand 1 thing about it. I still have the program somewhere but it won't work on any of my current computers. That semester is when I literally began to hate Physics as a discipline. They believe in the quantum leap system of education. First two years--easy as pie. Junior year--omg, this really sucks. Senior year--what the F have I gotten myself into. I can't freaking do this. Who the heck can?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you on the Rangers' board with a St. Louis logo? There is another Cardinal fan on the board, she has a strange screen name...

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grew up near Springfield, Mo. Have lived in Texas since 1985. Actually used to watch the Sooners play in the Big 8 because of Mizzou. Never watched UT until I came to Texas and have never been a fan. Interesting that when I was adjunct teaching at OKCCC in the early 2000's some students got all riled up at me on the Texas-OU weekend. I loved teaching there but it was so far away and I got a full time gig here.

So to answer your question. I am a fan of the Cards, Royals and the Rangers. Rangers really only because that is what I can watch for free. It used to be like watching a train wreck but now is pretty good.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Houston from 85-87. I liked it but the company transfered me Indy. Before that I lived in Norman for 9 years, going to OU and a job in NW OKC. Had a friend and we used to go to Arlington to watch the Rangers, he was originally from Texas so he rooted for the home team, I went to watch whoever they were playing. :)

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad actually lived a couple of blocks from the stadium right behind the old Skaggs. I don't know if it is still there or not. In the early 80's when I came and visited during the summer he'd take me to the games. Mostly when the Yankees were playing. Never when the Royals were playing which kind of peeved me off. I did appreciate Dave Winfield though. That Yankee team was filled with some very good players. Rangers, not so much. :)

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I went more to see the Yankees, Orioles and Royals back then. But then they were the best in the AL at the time. Haven't been down to see a game since I moved back to Kansas from Ohio. Would like to but KC is closer, hell Denver is closer.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Earl Weaver Oriole teams were pretty awesome. I've always appreciated teams that play the right way. The Royals were always interesting to me. Maybe even more than St. Louis though I watched both a lot on TV when I was growing up. Willie Wilson is still the most exciting player I've ever seen and those Cardinal teams where pretty scintillating as well. Nothing will ever match those teams for me.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, bout time for me to get off here. Stop by the water cooler and introduce yourself to the other misfits on the board. That's where we stay during the off season. Look for Rusty...