• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Main Draft: Help with rankings...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade would be at the draft. So, I would give him the pick and he would give me Zeke.

Well. That's a big, fat absolutely for me.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok... scratch that Elliott idea. He's not interested.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... almost a week away and here is my overall game plan. I'm pretty sure that no matter how the board unfolds, there will be someone at both 10 and 12 that I will be pretty happy about. I'm not so sure this will be true at 15. I have been talking to the guy at 2, who is interested in moving up to 15. We've briefly discussed his 2nd (23) and 3rd (26) for 15 and "a later round pick". I would probably do it for up to a 5th, but I think I can give back a 10th or so and he would be fine with that. So, if it does happen that I don't like anyone at 15, there is a good chance that I can trade it. I think even if I do like someone at 15, I would like to move down, depending on what that pick I give back would be.

So, if I do this, I would have 10, 12, 23, 26, then my pick in the 3rd (34) to go along with my keepers (McCoy and Thomas). If I filled out my starters, I would be looking at a lineup of something like this hopefully...

Brady/Brees (23 or 26)
McCoy
Crowell/Lynch/D. Cook? (10 or 12)
M. Thomas
Cooks/D. Thomas/Hopkins (10 or 12)
Hyde/ARob/TyMo/Ware/Watkins/Landry (23 or 26)
Olsen/Graham (34)

Or something of the like. If I try to wait on a QB or TE, I would just add depth to the RBs or WRs and hopefully end up with a combo at QB (Mariotta and Winston, maybe) and a TE like Delanie Walker or someone like that.

I plan on going IDP in the 4th (39), since Luke Kuechly is available and he is a super stud when he is healthy. He may go before that. IDPs usually start going off the board around the 4th or 5th rounds. Last year, I got the 1st one at 5.03 with Navarro Bowman, who was kicking ass before he got hurt. And once the first one goes, everyone else usually follows suit. I think 6 or 7 of the next 12 picks were IDPs after Bowman.

Now, I understand that I have to watch the flow of the draft and change my strategy on the fly if I need to and I have no problem doing that. But I think this will be my overall gameplan going in.

Any input or does this look like a solid approach?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've also been approached by the guy who picks 9th about moving up to my 2nd round pick (15). Problem is, he is offering his 3rd and 4th, which could still benefit me, but I drop down A LOT farther than I wanted to. I can't accept that deal if the other offer is still on the table, but if something happens there (that guy is talking to a lot of people about trading a lot of different picks, so it could happen), but it is something to consider. I would be wanting to give back a much later pick, though. Like 14 or 15 or somewhere around there. That's the only way it is worth it to me.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the picks flying back and forth can get confusing from the outside looking in, but I think you have the game plan set up right, just need one of your guys to fall to that 15 spot and you're set

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the picks flying back and forth can get confusing from the outside looking in, but I think you have the game plan set up right, just need one of your guys to fall to that 15 spot and you're set
Yeah... I don't mean to brag, but I usually do a pretty good job of working the draft to my advantage. Most of the time when I move around in the draft, it works out well for me. For some reason, though, I get like this the week before and start to overthink every possible move and need a little re-assurance.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the league that I posted asking for keeper help about a month and change ago. 12 teams, PPR, bonus points for long TDs, 1/50 punt or kick return yards. We keep 2 offensive players and 1 IDP. Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 P (yes, punter), 7 IDPs, and we have 6 on the bench.

My keepers are RB Shady McCoy and WR Michael Thomas (who you guys talked me into! J/K, I'm a grown ass man). Landon Collins is my IDP keeper for those who care.

I have the #10, 12, and 15 picks, so getting the chance to grab 3 on that turn instead of 2 really gives me an advantage. Especially, since I am the only one with the extra pick in the first round. Nobody else has multiple picks in any round until the 7th after the 1st and that is also my extra pick. Couple all that with a solid (but not spectacular) set of keepers and a long line of fantasy success in this league and I should be one of the favorites coming in to this season.

This is the list of guys who are the best available, according to an ADP list that I used about a month ago. I have added a couple guys who are rising, but I am basically trying to make a best 15 list and hope I get 3 of the guys towards the top of the list. My problem is that I am running into a lot of hair splitting after the top 6 or so. It seems like 7 through about 20something is pretty much the same tier and there is not much difference between any of the players. This is not how I have these guys ranked, by the way.

RB Todd Gurley - I expect to go 1st.
WR Jordy Nelson - I expect to go 3rd.
RB Marshawn Lynch - I expect to go in the middle of the first 5 to 8 range.
WR TY Hilton - Could go 2nd or 3rd, should be gone by pick 7 or 8 at the very latest.
RB Leonard Fournette - Could go as high as 2. Not expecting him to fall past 4 unless he just sucks in the preseason.

After that, it is pretty much up in the air. I know anything can happen, especially in this kind of draft. There are a couple of inexperienced guys that have joined in the past few years who are getting used to the IDP aspect of things and the unique waiver wire and such. There are also a few very knowledgeable guys who will give me a run for the money.

RB Lamar Miller -
WR Brandon Cooks
RB Isaiah Crowell
WR Deandre Hopkins
QB Tom Brady
WR Doug Baldwin
RB Christian McCaffrey
WR Terrell Pryor
RB Joe Mixon
WR Allen Robinson
RB Spencer Ware
RB Carlos Hyde
TE Travis Kelce
WR Sammy Watkins
WR Devante Adams
WR Demaryius Thomas
WR Tyreek Hill
QB Drew Brees
RB Ty Montgomery
RB Mike Gillislee
WR Keenan Allen
RB Dalvin Cook
WR Martavious Bryant
WR Jarvis Landry
Less than 24 hours away from this draft. Any last minute thoughts? I don't see the Edelman or Ware injuries doing much to this list. I would move Hunt up a little, but not into this range.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here is the final result...

QB - M. Mariota
RB - L. McCoy, L. Miller
WR - M. Thomas, D. Baldwin
FLex - WR D. Thomas
TE - G. Olsen
K - S. Janikowski
P - B. Colquitt
DE - L. Williams, E. Griffen
LB - L. Keuchly, B. Marshall, M. Jack
DB - L. Collins, H. Smith

Bench

QB - Jameis Winston
RB - D. McFadden, T. Coleman, R. Kelly, J. Williams (McCoy's McCuff)
WR - P. Garcon

The first round went Gurley, Cooks, Hilton, McCaffrey, Crowell, Nelson, Hopkins, Fournette, D. Adams, so I went Miller there. TyMo went next, then I took Baldwin with the pick I traded for. Fitz and Pryor went, then I took DT after trying to trade down like I wanted. The guy balked on the deal. It would have worked out a little better for my RB depth.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here is the final result...

QB - M. Mariota
RB - L. McCoy, L. Miller
WR - M. Thomas, D. Baldwin
FLex - WR D. Thomas
TE - G. Olsen
K - S. Janikowski
P - B. Colquitt
DE - L. Williams, E. Griffen
LB - L. Keuchly, B. Marshall, M. Jack
DB - L. Collins, H. Smith

Bench

QB - Jameis Winston
RB - D. McFadden, T. Coleman, R. Kelly, J. Williams (McCoy's McCuff)
WR - P. Garcon

The first round went Gurley, Cooks, Hilton, McCaffrey, Crowell, Nelson, Hopkins, Fournette, D. Adams, so I went Miller there. TyMo went next, then I took Baldwin with the pick I traded for. Fitz and Pryor went, then I took DT after trying to trade down like I wanted. The guy balked on the deal. It would have worked out a little better for my RB depth.
Looks like a pretty decent team.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about offering Fat Rob and Baldwin for Bilal Powell and Jarvis Landry. The guy has Perine and he's a Redskin fan. I think he would be interested in having that tandem, knowing that one will be the guy for his favorite team. He also likes (but doesn't LOVE) Baldwin and I don't think there is much of a drop off between the two WRs. I think Powell will be awesome in this PPR as he will get most of the junk points while the Jets are down by 20 in the 4th Quarter. I am a little leary about Jarvis, though. He may be on the trading block, but I think he is too talented for Cutler to ignore. I'm just not sure he'll get force fed as he has been getting the past couple years.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about something like Tevin Coleman and Baldwin for Marshawn Lynch and Kelvin Benjamin?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about something like Tevin Coleman and Baldwin for Marshawn Lynch and Kelvin Benjamin?
To the guy who has Freeman...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to really like Benjamin.....I don't get the attraction. He's on my "do not draft" list.
I think he's going to put up numbers similar to his rookie year. Carolina could be a very scary team if the rookies catch on quick. There are a lot of weapons there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's going to put up numbers similar to his rookie year. Carolina could be a very scary team if the rookies catch on quick. There are a lot of weapons there.

Yes there are a lot of weapons there, which is one more reason on being down on Benjamin. His conditioning is another, his track record other then the rookie season is another. Lost my faith in Benjamin.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Doug Baldwin or Demaryius and McFadden for TY Hilton? To the guy who has Zeke.