• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Grades for NFL Signings in the Last 24 Hours

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think the Rams had the money to sing Cupp

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't think the Rams had the money to sing Cupp

lol they're that team that has like 6 good to elite players (elite being Donald/Ramsey, good being Goff/Cupp/Woods/Higbee) and then everyone else sucks because they can't afford anyone, lol.

They've overpaid and given out massive contracts to almost all their high paid players... I don't think they'll do very good this year since they lost some key pieces (Fowler), did NOTHING to help the OL who is now older.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're talking about. Per you, Kupp spent more time blocking the second half and was not Goff's crutch and I also read your second comment saying that the Rams changed some things around and it worked better for them. I also read from you that I'm just quoting box scores which implies I didn't watch much of the Rams despite me actually watching quite a bit of them given LA is in Seattle's division and I owned Kupp in fantasy.

Kupp was clearly the most targeted in the first part of the season, had a higher reception rate than Woods, more TDs, etc. The Rams were a bit more successful doing this. IMO the fact he was kept in to block was probably done to help Goff actually stay on two feet for more than a few seconds, and ALSO didn't really work, because it removed a receiving threat and comfort level that led to a worse record than when they were sending Kupp out.

I clearly read your posts, understanding exactly what you're saying, but don't understand your general disagreement and 'without knowing what's up' comment.

@SJ76 @Retroram52 can you weigh in on this? I know it's a lot to read through but I need to know if I'm off base here.

what are you a dam novelist?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalvin Cook - F grade. I rarely give out Fs, but this is just a stupid signing. Dalvin Cook has missed almost 20 games in just 3 years. He's very talented, but outside of last year he couldn't stay healthy (and he STILL missed games last year). The Vikings had a decent draft, but it's not like their window is closing and San Fran, Seattle, New Orleans, Tampa are all better teams on paper at the moment. Again, why the HELL are you giving Dalvin Cook that much money? I know he came about $2.5M cheaper than Kamara, but this was the reason I did NOT want Seattle to sign Clowney long term who had a dubious injury history and took plays off. There was quite a bit of locker dissatisfaction from Minny's offense next year so who knows if Cook will just mail it in, I'm willing to bet he does given the past injury issues.

I'll argue that the Vikings don't sniff the playoffs last year without Cook. Mattison is a fine backup, but he's not Cook.

Cook has been injury prone, but he's never been a dog. He's an extremely hard worker. He's also easily the best player in a Kubiak offense that is predicated on establishing the run (The main reason that I thought that we shouldn't have extended Cousins at that price).

This contract is a risk, but him not getting a deal, when we don't have an obvious replacement for him and guys who are similar (Kamara and Mixon) would have sent a bad message to the locker room and probably pissed him off.

Also, the one successful drive that the Vikings had against Green Bay on Sunday was a ground and pound drive that featured primarily Cook. It was absolutely masterful. But it was all downhill from there. Another drive was aided by a penalty that resulted in a FG at the half.

All of the rest of the drives in the 2nd half were either unsucessful or meaningless garbage scores that only made Cousins' and Thielen's fantasy owners happy.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't work that way. Sea last year was +7 in point differential for the entire year. That isn't an 11 win team...not even close. SF was +179. Don't give me this stupidity about injuries....there were a lot of missed games for Niner player last year. They were CLEARLY better, and it's not even debatable.

Besides....this ain't about SF...it's about Minny....and you couldn't even respond to that.

You have an odd understanding of what the word luck means.

The Seahawks, for some baffling reasons, chose to play way too conservatively with the lead and wound up making a bunch of big leads turn into close game. They had 5 games where they had double digit leads in the 4th that turned into single score games late including against your Niners.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol they're that team that has like 6 good to elite players (elite being Donald/Ramsey, good being Goff/Cupp/Woods/Higbee) and then everyone else sucks because they can't afford anyone, lol.

They've overpaid and given out massive contracts to almost all their high paid players... I don't think they'll do very good this year since they lost some key pieces (Fowler), did NOTHING to help the OL who is now older.
We are about to extend Robert Woods too. How about the oline now?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have an odd understanding of what the word luck means.

The Seahawks, for some baffling reasons, chose to play way too conservatively with the lead and wound up making a bunch of big leads turn into close game. They had 5 games where they had double digit leads in the 4th that turned into single score games late including against your Niners.

I understand it perfectly fine....the Seahawks gave up leads because the reality is they weren't as good as their record indicates. For pretty much every game you say they played conservative, they also had games where they took a good beating, or they scored points in the end to cut into huge leads. They allowed more yards than they produced. Point differential isn't the be-all, end-all, but there is no way a team that is +7 for the entire year is a legit 11 win team. That I believe, is the worst PD for a team with 11 wins in NFL history, and ironically, they lost in the playoffs to a team with the worst PD for a 13 win team in three decades.