• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My fantasy strategy this year

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My whole strategy largely depends on who I take in the first round, so I have the top ten players ranked for me for that round and they are as follows. This is a ten team standard league.

AP
McCoy
Charles
Forte
Peyton
Lacy
Calvin
Graham
Lynch
D. Thomas

The second round I will be shooting for Montee ball. I think he can be a top running back this year and I'm all about value based drafting. If you can get a first round talent along with ball, then you do it. In my leagues I'm pretty sure he'll be there at two. If not, I will rank the players like this....

Ball
Green/Dez/Marshall/D.Thomas (who might still be available.)
Bell
Julio Jones/Jordy Nelson

Hopefully Martin, Stacy, Foster, and Morris are off of the board by the end of the second. I am very particular with my running backs and don't want any of these guys on my team in the second round. I also foresee Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees being off the board by the end of the second as well.

The third round is where it starts getting interesting. I feel as though some of the players I'm targeting in the second could still be around early in the third. Since my strategy most years is to get 3 or 4 rbs and Wrs early on to create depth, I will probably take the best wr/rb available. Some names that should be around here are
Keenan Allen, gio Bernard, Cobb, Jeffery, Bush, Andre Johnson.

I'm sure some of those players will be around I. The fourth as well. The fourth is where it starts to become slim pickings for wr as well as rb a round or two earlier. Guys I might consider here are gore, Cruz, Roddy white, Andre Ellington, Wes Welker, and maybe even Ryan matthews (and pray he stays healthy.)

The fifth round I'm guessing some of those players will be around. If not, I start specifically targeting certain players that I think are getting lost in the rankings (ESPN rankings). Specific players I am targeting from the fifth on in no particular order are Cordarrelle Patterson, Ray Rice, Maybe Trent Richardson (He was playing very injured last year as well as rice was.) Rashad Jennings, Michael Floyd, Edelman, Sankey, Sanders, And Gerhart. These are the players I want to choose from in the 5th to 7th rounds. If I take Manning early, then it'll be from the fifth to the 8th round.

If Peyton wasn't taken, then the 8th round will be spent on a QB. The ninth round will probably also be spent on a QB unless Hyde is still available. Guys I'm targeting with these two picks are Cutler, Brady, Rivers, and Ryan in that order.

The tenth round will be used on a tight end. I am looking at Ladarius Green or Kyle Rudolph as potential options. I might take both In Consecutive rounds as well.

The 12 th will be used on a defense if any quality ones are left. The thirteenth might be used on Matt Prater if he's still available. If not, I'll start looking at deep sleepers, like Wheaton, Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, or some names that look cool.

I think this is a very solid strategy that will net me another trip to the playoffs. I think it's a very particular strategy, that still leaves a lot of wiggle room in case some players done fall.

Thoughts?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a good strategy. Getting Ball in the 2nd is a major difference maker.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ball is gone though, I think Gio would be a better 2nd round pick than Bell. Blount is going to hurt Bell's production a lot.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good, personally I'd take D Thomas over Lynch; 2nd round if you can get Ball that's an easy pick otherwise Julio Jones is always available it seems since his injury last season; 3rd round I'm grabbing either Cobb or Gio depending on my first two picks; Richardson has been able to get in the 5th and 6th round and I'm liking him this season in this spot but this is probably the last season I give him a chance if he doesn't put it together; Ryan won't be available in the 8th+ round, he's been going 5th or 6th even in 10 teamers that I've been doing

What site are you drafting on and is it with some quality owners?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Blount and Bell, my draft strategy is to find out who smokes weed and who doesn't, and draft accordingly.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Blount and Bell, my draft strategy is to find out who smokes weed and who doesn't, and draft accordingly.

so I guess you aren't drafting any NFL players this year?
Gonna be tough to fill a roster with that strategy TKO!

:pound:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ball is gone though, I think Gio would be a better 2nd round pick than Bell. Blount is going to hurt Bell's production a lot.

See, I think the steelers got Blount to be bells back up. When Blount is on the field, you know it's a running play because he can't catch or block for crap. Belichek was able to make it work, but Belichek has a history of making role players produce over their heads as well.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just do a bunch of mocks to get a feel and wing it when it comes to draft day. I don't like to get to tied down to game plans since there is usually crazy unpredictable shit that happens. If you know who you like and who you don't that is all you need to know. I did about fifty mocks last year and not once did I take Jamaal Charles , come draft day I took him in both leagues. He fell to me and just felt he was the best option, you have to get a little lucky knowing the real good rookies too. I like the kid from Philadelphia Matthew Jordan and also the tight end Jace Amaro in the later rounds. I generally know three or four guys that I simply don't want anything to do with, Trent Richardson is just one example at RB . I like Nick Foles as a mid round QB too. Good luck.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I nailed my first 3…

1)AP
2)Ball
3)Julio

Championship or bust

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is your four , five and six?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, I would've taken another rb/wr before drafting Brady. I also hate VJax. He's either all or nothing.

It was "all or nothing" WR's at that point… Not bad choices for WR2's. DeSean Jackson & Victor Cruz were the only 2 I was considering over V-Jax. I think the bye weeks made me choose V-Jax.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was "all or nothing" WR's at that point… DeSean Jackson & Victor Cruz were the only 2 I was considering over V-Jax. I think the bye weeks made me choose V-Jax.

I get what you mean. I hate desean even more. I like garçon and Allen in the fourth. I think they both are solid guys that can help you almost every week.