• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Dream Free Agent Signings And Draft

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not including the re-signing of our own players

Jared Veldheer - RT

Jon Asamoah - OG

Wesley Woodyard - ILB

Aqib Talib - CB

Kirk Cousin for a 3rd rounder and a conditional pick for next year
Not a fan of Stanford but no way you pass these 2 up if they are there!!!

Draft

2nd-David Yankey - OG - Stanford
3rd-Shayne Skov - ILB - Stanford
3rd-Donte Moncrief - WR - Ole Miss
4th-Justin Ellis - DT - Louisiana Tech
5th-Brandon Coleman - WR - Rutgers
6th-Brent Urban - DE - Virginia
7th-Logan Thomas - QB - Virginia Tech

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a very successful offseason. Not sure we have the money to sign these 4 guys if we also re-sign Rak, Riley, Hall and Baker. But if we can release Chester, Carriker, and Polumbus, maybe we can swing it.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well where I have them signing a RT and Guard releasing Polumbus and Chester is a very likely option

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jared Veldheer - RT

Jon Asamoah - OG

Wesley Woodyard - ILB

Aqib Talib - CB

Kirk Cousin for a 3rd rounder and a conditional pick for next year
Not a fan of Stanford but no way you pass these 2 up if they are there!!!

Draft

2nd-David Yankey - OG - Stanford
3rd-Shayne Skov - ILB - Stanford
6th-Brent Urban - DE - Virginia
7th-Logan Thomas - QB - Virginia Tech

The draft is very solid and I would be very happy with it. It addresses WR and depth in general. I think you are spot on.

Regarding the FA signings, you forgot to address Safety. It might be the weakest spot on the team. Also, Talib would not be a good pick up for us given his off field issues and he is looking for a big payday. Here would be my tweaks as these players would be younger and possibly cost less money.

Safety: Malcom Jenkins
CB: Sam Shields (if he prices himself out of the market, then Vontae Davis)
ILB: Donald Butler

I like the OLinemen you had down as they are younger and very solid players. The problem is that we would need a Center unless you have LeRibeus play Center for us.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering this was your dream off season genesis i thought it was outstanding
To be technical, duke brought out a good point about the remaining hole at safety.
with riley resigned, im not sure you would need the two additional ILB. Still nice mock and im motivated
to do an mock off season thread

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe we can hold off some with Safety we gotta see what we have in Phillip Thomas and with improved everything with this free agency and the draft it will make everyones life much easier on the field. As for Riley I'm not sold on him he was frustrating to watch missed alot of tackles got burnt in coverage situations and dropped easy interceptions!!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad but I think I would hope for this as far as FA

Roger Saffold at RT **
Jon Asamoah - OG
Brandon Spikes for ILB
JAriius Byrd FS **
Brandon Merriweather SS
Sam Shields or Brent grimes at CB

** denote expected big ticket items

This also assumes we have resigned Riley, Rak, Hall, Biggers and Rob Jackson

As for the draft

Baptist at CB
rounds 3-7 TBD

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticking with Countryroads's really good format.
B.J. Raji- DE/NT

T.J. Ward-SS

Byrd-FS

Butler(S.D.)
- ILB

Shields or A.Verner- CB

Draft

2nd-Moses - RT - UVA
3rd-Kareem Martin - DE - UNC
6th-BPA - QB
7th-BPA - P

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roger Saffold at RT **
Jon Asamoah - OG
Brandon Spikes for ILB
JAriius Byrd FS **
Brandon Merriweather SS

As for the draft

There is no way we can afford that. Saffold is going to get at least 7 mil/season.
Asamoah is getting at least 5 mil/season.
Spikes will get at least 4 mil/season.
Byrd is likely going to get over 5 mil/season.
Brent Grimes will get at least 5mil/season and these are low balling the numbers.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roger Saffold at RT **
Jon Asamoah - OG
Brandon Spikes for ILB
JAriius Byrd FS **
Brandon Merriweather SS

As for the draft

There is no way we can afford that. Saffold is going to get at least 7 mil/season.
Asamoah is getting at least 5 mil/season.
Spikes will get at least 4 mil/season.
Byrd is likely going to get over 5 mil/season.
Brent Grimes will get at least 5mil/season and these are low balling the numbers.

Even with those numbers, if you are talking $7 mill per season average for Saffold, we could fit that deal and likely only take a $3 million hit on this years cap. We have roughly $30 million in cap space before making any real moves. if we JUST went off of straight dollars like in your scenario thats $26 million. Between cuts and expected restructures, we will likely have another $10 million.

With $40 million in cap space, we could do straight money deals and still sign every one of these players, plus Rak, Riley, Jackson and Hall and still have room to spare... and NOT go negative in 2015 or 2016.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would let Riley walk he is average and wants paid more then he is worth

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would let Riley walk he is average and wants paid more then he is worth

How many times and how many players are we going to say this about only to look back and say how dumb we were to let said named player go? At some point you have to develop and pay your own.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times and how many players are we going to say this about only to look back and say how dumb we were to let said named player go? At some point you have to develop and pay your own.

How much more can you get him to develop he has been here for 4 years and has been nothing more then average

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much more can you get him to develop he has been here for 4 years and has been nothing more then average

You guys are right, we should let him walk and put our faith into some one elses pro bowl player.... because that has worked out so smashingly for us the past 15 years.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are right, we should let him walk and put our faith into some one elses pro bowl player.... because that has worked out so smashingly for us the past 15 years.

who is saying that ? i have been on record as for us to sign young well priced free agents and build through the draft

you have cerrato of the brain

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is saying that ? i have been on record as for us to sign young well priced free agents and build through the draft

you have cerrato of the brain

And most of you act as if all of a sudden people arent calling for us to do exactly what we used to do. Every one wants to go out and sign some one elses stars, our guys arent good enough to actually get paid. Apparently they never are. I mean sack leader on our team... he aint worth $10 million, the guy who lead the team in tackles... well he isnt worth what he wants.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And most of you act as if all of a sudden people arent calling for us to do exactly what we used to do. Every one wants to go out and sign some one elses stars, our guys arent good enough to actually get paid. Apparently they never are. I mean sack leader on our team... he aint worth $10 million, the guy who lead the team in tackles... well he isnt worth what he wants.

riley isnt worth 7 mil a year . sorry but to me he isnt . as for rak he is worth the 11 mil

and again i expect riley to line up at ILB for us but if he doesnt the world wont end

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good points! Brian Orakpo has a good chance of getting overpaid because he is the best pass-rushing OLB on the market. We all know he is good. He is just not elite. There is no purpose of us paying a good player what an elite pass-rusher should. Hell! John Abraham wasn't paid much by the Cards, but he went out and had 11.5 sacks. Shaun Phillips didn't get paid much for the Broncos, but he ended up getting 10 sacks. The point is, we do not need to overpay for Orakpo. There are some cheaper and possibly more effective ones out there.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points! Brian Orakpo has a good chance of getting overpaid because he is the best pass-rushing OLB on the market. We all know he is good. He is just not elite. There is no purpose of us paying a good player what an elite pass-rusher should. Hell! John Abraham wasn't paid much by the Cards, but he went out and had 11.5 sacks. Shaun Phillips didn't get paid much for the Broncos, but he ended up getting 10 sacks. The point is, we do not need to overpay for Orakpo. There are some cheaper and possibly more effective ones out there.

And that right there is our problem as a team and a fan base. Instead of paying our own, we are always willing to go out and say well we can get the same performance for cheaper OR we should go get this guy because he performed just as well for another team and cost less. Then we end up paying them more and wonder why we suck. Rak wont get Elite money. He will get solid, three pro bowls and a player the team needs to keep money. Abraham is two shakes short of retirement. But IM starting to get the feeling that if the Skins went out and spent the same money Rak is asking for on some one elses star and he sucked (as is usually the case) INstead of trying to gut the team every 3-4 years, we need to start keeping our developing and improving players and build around them. Instead if a guy isnt in the pro bowl or considered "elite" every one balks and says well we can easily replace him. That in a nutshell is why we suck so often.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that right there is our problem as a team and a fan base. Instead of paying our own, we are always willing to go out and say well we can get the same performance for cheaper OR we should go get this guy because he performed just as well for another team and cost less. Then we end up paying them more and wonder why we suck. Rak wont get Elite money. He will get solid, three pro bowls and a player the team needs to keep money. Abraham is two shakes short of retirement. But IM starting to get the feeling that if the Skins went out and spent the same money Rak is asking for on some one elses star and he sucked (as is usually the case) INstead of trying to gut the team every 3-4 years, we need to start keeping our developing and improving players and build around them. Instead if a guy isnt in the pro bowl or considered "elite" every one balks and says well we can easily replace him. That in a nutshell is why we suck so often.

sure in theory that sounds great however you cant break the bank for a riley when they are limited resources and you have some key players you need to get signed in the next few years . sure overpay for a rak but we can get the equal of of riley at better then the contracts being discussed

i see riley much like i see rocky mccintosh a few years ago . a decent LB for us who thought he could get better money somewhere else . he did and we let him go . his career went south and we moved on to say someone like riley

i dont need a better player then riley his equal is fine and we should get that for cheaper with the ILBs i have mentioned with spikes and dane fletcher at the top of the list

so let riley play the market . he will either leave or come back at our price . either way we will be ok