• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Computer Rankings

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not even sure i want to ask where wyoming is....i'll just be happy they aren't bottom 10

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Iowa??? I'm guessing somewhere around 77

It actually has Iowa at #41 right now. But it makes sense as Iowa really is just a punt, pass, and kick away from being undefeated at the moment.

How bout IU? Coming in at #11 I assume.

Indiana is down at #66. They dropped significantly over the past couple of weeks.

Where is UNC?

Here's one of the surprises so far. UNC comes in at #19. This is mainly because the program is designed to understand trends......meaning, if a team is moving upward or downward in recent weeks, it will take this into account.

The reason I coded it that way is because obviously teams can improve and get worse as the season goes on. Right now it believes UNC is on the rise. Things can change real quickly though with a bad performance.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely no way that Oregon would lose to the Domers.

Don't blame me, blame the program!

Seriously though, we're not far enough out of OOC play to get a good accurate read statistically. Oregon has moved from 15th in the first poll up to 4th in this poll within just 2 weeks though........so it is obvious that things are beginning to level out a bit.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take that trending thing the wrong way though..........the program still knows about the bad games earlier in the season and they play into it. Otherwise UNC would be up in the top 10 or something crazy like that, because right now they have been one of the all-around most efficient teams in the past few weeks.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It obviously doesn't like the way VaTech is trending at the moment though. Duke is up at #48, so get a good win this week and they will move up.

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha, I bet your system would have given Florida St. the win over NC State before last week. Many other examples like Auburn over ULM.

Notre Dame at 121-2? really? lol

and if NC st can beat florida St, Im sure FSU would have more then 7 losses.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha, I bet your system would have given Florida St. the win over NC State before last week. Many other examples like Auburn over ULM.

Models aren't perfect. There is always some error that exists.

And whose to say that FSU didn't just have an off game and if the teams played 10 times FSU would win 9 of 10 every time.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its just that...a system. If we could find any system that was perfect we wouldnt ever have to play a game.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like how people question me as if I sat here and wrote different code for each team............like, "oh, I'll just give Notre Dame a little different piece of code here so they can get an extra boost, since they are Notre Dame and all...."

It's the same code, and every team goes through it. It will all level out as more teams play conference opponents, as it will have more comparable statistics to work with.......but as of right now there are some OOC games still influencing this poll as we are very early in conference play.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like how people question me as if I sat here and wrote different code for each team............like, "oh, I'll just give Notre Dame a little different piece of code here so they can get an extra boost, since they are Notre Dame and all...."

It's the same code, and every team goes through it. It will all level out as more teams play conference opponents, as it will have more comparable statistics to work with.......but as of right now there are some OOC games still influencing this poll as we are very early in conference play.

I like it man. Keep posting it.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJM, it is pretty cool...I'm interested to see how it pans out at the end of the year.
I wonder who will sit at the #63 spot