• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my assessment of the offense

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know if you read the piece but what cooley was saying was that last year Rg3 would turn those into 20-30 yarders and score

he believes that until Rg3 can do that , then the skins should shut down the read option

i am saying that the injury is still affecting his play

It's not the injury, although that has affected his daring style. He's never gonna turn those runs into 20-30 yarders again......UNTIL.......They upgrade their passing game.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think that Paulson is a very good blocker but is certainly not going to set the world on fire as a receiver. Also - Davis' attitude might find him out of the NFL very shortly.

This always happens to this team.....coaches publicly label a guy as a headcase and he leaves here only to become the player we thought he could be elsewhere. Maybe we should take a closer look at coaching stlyes, effectiveness, ineffectiveness and egos.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This always happens to this team.....coaches publicly label a guy as a headcase and he leaves here only to become the player we thought he could be elsewhere. Maybe we should take a closer look at coaching stlyes, effectiveness, ineffectiveness and egos.

#1... davis is NOT under contract after this year, and there is no way in HELL he would resign with Washington, the way he has been a healthy deactivated person..

#2..... No way the Skins would sign him back anyway.....look...he has missed or been late to team meetings...Admitts he has fallen asleep in meetings.... That is NOT Coaching...that is a lazy player that thinks his talent alone will be enough to be a good TE in the league....If he thinks that...more power to him....The Skins will not resign him even if there is a new staff in place......

I for 1 support the team in this....we dont need a veteran presence in the meetings and locker room that thinks he doesnt need to put in the time and effort the rest of the team does to prepare....

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stymie, another reason why you have no credibility. You preach accountability when it comes to the coaching staff, but you don't hold Davis accountable for his failings. You blame someone else. Davis has been a series of failings since he has come here sprinkled in occasional good play. He has missed or been late to meetings. He does not put for the the effort in practice to get better. He was suspended due to smoking pot. These are all personal decisions he made that negatively affected him and his team. He was solely responsible for every one of these failings. These were not physical failings, but mental ones.

You can't have it both ways and still expect anyone to take anything you say with anything resembling credibility. Much like Davis, you are accountable for this.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A true #1 WR is one that forces the defense to declare on every play. What's happening to this team this year is opponents are stacking 8 in the box and daring the team to beat them with the pass. They are putting one guy and a spy on Garcon and forcing the team to beat them with the rest. C. Johnson, A. Johnson, J. Gordon, A.J. Green, D. Thomas, D. Jackson, D. Bryant, S. Smith (in his prime) M. Floyd, R. Wayne, L. Fitzgerald, J. Jones, V. Jackson (And you might want to add Gronk and J. Finley) Ask yourself this question in relation to all of the above, which guy on this team has actually beaten another team just by his own exploits and made the running game better?

How is DeSean Jackson a #1?
Did you really put Malcom Floyd?
So where is the #1 WR for NE, NYG, NO, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh? They have all won SBs recently.
As a matter of fact, of all the #1 WRs you listed, only Reggie Wayne has a SB.

The Davis situation is not what you think it is. Lazy beyond belief says a lot more about coaching than his disposition. More detail about this in my response to Skinsdad.

How can it be coaching that made him show up on day one late and hungover? Fred Davis has earned this title himself. In a contract season, wouldn't you bust your ass in the film room, instead of sleep through it?

Yep, replace them, not necessarily cut them though (backups that's what they are) Returning sarcasm with contempt. This is why you have a scouting team, If memory serves me correctly, J. Jacoby walked in and Gibbs mistook him for a D-lineman. This is not as difficult as you might think.....IF....you consider what we currently have!!!

Yes...but Jacoby wasn't bigger, stronger, and faster. Players like this do not hide.

Absolutely!!! Though not necessarily one who's high priced. Injuries happen, do you really want R. Helu as your starter if this happens???? WOW!!!
You mentioned Ben Tate. He's going to want money and a starting job. Considering our coaches history with RBs, I'm fine with Helu or whoever else he trots out there if Morris were to get injured. I also don't value RBs.

He is a FG kicker and kickoff man.......Again, you obviously are one who settles for the status quo. improving and working on player weaknesses is seemingly a strange concept to you.

I'm surprised the NFL hasn't caught on to this. Big returns are less frequent than fumbled returns. If your coverage unit is worth a damn, I hope the other team brings the ball out. I'm also not one that likes to cut good young kickers because that is our history. We have cut 2 kickers that are 90% on the season in Suisam and Gano...Novak is at 88%.

No not wasted, just constantly put into positions that doesn't maximize their natural strengths. BTW; former pro-bowlers.

That's the coach, not the system. Look at the top pass rushers in the NFL...most are from the 3-4.

How exactly does the 3-4 make players faster than the 4-3??

A typical OLB is faster than a DE.

Thanks for supporting my position on this, if indeed Kyle is the future HC then obviously Mike has to hit the road.[/QUOTE]
Not if he's fired brainchild.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stymie, another reason why you have no credibility. You preach accountability when it comes to the coaching staff, but you don't hold Davis accountable for his failings. You blame someone else. Davis has been a series of failings since he has come here sprinkled in occasional good play. He has missed or been late to meetings. He does not put for the the effort in practice to get better. He was suspended due to smoking pot. These are all personal decisions he made that negatively affected him and his team. He was solely responsible for every one of these failings. These were not physical failings, but mental ones.

You can't have it both ways and still expect anyone to take anything you say with anything resembling credibility. Much like Davis, you are accountable for this.

How does it feel to be entirely wrong with a response like yours?? First, you don't have the authority to speak for anyone but yourself, so your perspective relating to my credibility or lack thereof stops with you.

Accountability is a two way street, so if you're telling me that your 2nd best healthy pass catcher was scratched because of an ego trip then yeah I fault the coaches more than the player because it is their duty to manage rather than react. I have stated that Davis comes with and have issues not related to his play on the field. It is all together possible that you are unaware that humans come imperfectly. In a sport that seeks the best talent you take the package that it comes in and work to help that talent overcome his flaws, provided his coaches are not the issue.

I'm not looking to have it both ways, I do however, expect that readers/responders of my posts are able to do a few things.....keep prior related posts in mind (it's called perspective) Own healthy perspectives on (human) inter-personal relationships, are able to see beyond the obvious, and are able to make honest appraisals of (this team) by not including what is wished for..... rather than what is.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A true #1 WR is one that forces the defense to declare on every play. What's happening to this team this year is opponents are stacking 8 in the box and daring the team to beat them with the pass. They are putting one guy and a spy on Garcon and forcing the team to beat them with the rest. C. Johnson, A. Johnson, J. Gordon, A.J. Green, D. Thomas, D. Jackson, D. Bryant, S. Smith (in his prime) M. Floyd, R. Wayne, L. Fitzgerald, J. Jones, V. Jackson (And you might want to add Gronk and J. Finley) Ask yourself this question in relation to all of the above, which guy on this team has actually beaten another team just by his own exploits and made the running game better?

So where is the #1 WR for NE, NYG, NO, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh? They have all won SBs recently.

The Davis situation is not what you think it is. Lazy beyond belief says a lot more about coaching than his disposition. More detail about this in my response to Skinsdad.

How can it be coaching that made him show up on day one late and hungover? Fred Davis has earned this title himself. In a contract season, wouldn't you bust your ass in the film room, instead of sleep through it?

Yep, replace them, not necessarily cut them though (backups that's what they are) Returning sarcasm with contempt. This is why you have a scouting team, If memory serves me correctly, J. Jacoby walked in and Gibbs mistook him for a D-lineman. This is not as difficult as you might think.....IF....you consider what we currently have!!!

Yes...but Jacoby wasn't bigger, stronger, and faster. Players like this do not hide.

Absolutely!!! Though not necessarily one who's high priced. Injuries happen, do you really want R. Helu as your starter if this happens???? WOW!!!
You mentioned Ben Tate. He's going to want money and a starting job. Considering our coaches history with RBs, I'm fine with Helu or whoever else he trots out there if Morris were to get injured. I also don't value RBs.

He is a FG kicker and kickoff man.......Again, you obviously are one who settles for the status quo. improving and working on player weaknesses is seemingly a strange concept to you.

I'm surprised the NFL hasn't caught on to this. Big returns are less frequent than fumbled returns. If your coverage unit is worth a damn, I hope the other team brings the ball out. I'm also not one that likes to cut good young kickers because that is our history. We have cut 2 kickers that are 90% on the season in Suisam and Gano...Novak is at 88%.

No not wasted, just constantly put into positions that doesn't maximize their natural strengths. BTW; former pro-bowlers.

That's the coach, not the system. Look at the top pass rushers in the NFL...most are from the 3-4.

How exactly does the 3-4 make players faster than the 4-3??

Thanks for supporting my position on this, if indeed Kyle is the future HC then obviously Mike has to hit the road.
Not if he's fired brainchild.[/QUOTE]

Ans: All are game changers....Garcon has yet to prove that he merits that type of respect. A #1 on this team...absolutely!!! on any of the teams represented by the players I listed, he would be a # 2 to them.

Ans: Maybe they were the reason for the hangover, he already knows that there are other teams that want him. Typically, this team WILL not attempt to resign him (depending on who coaches them) and he'll go elsewhere and become the player that he's capable of being.

He was for his time....again, upgrading what we currently have is probably the easiest task in this offseason facing the team.....considering what we have (nearly all 4 are backups or journeymen)

That's the coach, not the system. Look at the top pass rushers in the NFL...most are from the 3-4. Ans: you're almost there, on this team, it's both!!!

Ans: Why would you have a DE in the 4-3 playing linebacker??? Maybe I don't get your response....in either defense wouldn't linebackers be playing linebacker instead of converted DE's??

Not if he's fired brainchild.
WOW!!!!! If Mike Shanahan is fired and Kyle is not, but as you've stated the next HC of the team, how exactly does this mean that Kyle is gone??? Brainchild indeed!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: