• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 2nd quarter thoughts

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the quotes really aren't working in this thread.

I think the sprained middle finger may contribute to why those were INTs and not INCs, maybe. But those were really bad decisions by Smith. They scored field goals off both of the last two, so we were in it as much as a punt return TD (as opposed to 14 points). The third was worse, as I think the second was on 3rd and 16 (so an INT instead of a punt).

I think we would have lost this game even if Kaepernick was used less, but it might have been something like 23-17 with the last TD coming late - to the point it was clear we lost, but with the score not as bad on the eyes.

Loss through and through. Smith (not just the INTs). Defense and Coaching Staff (tie). Special teams. Kaepernick (not his fault). Refs (just cause they are always there). In that order for me.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the finger bothered him. He threw a few really nice balls in the 1st quarter. The one to Moss really stood out. This was one of those days where they just couldn't get going.
Remember in 94 when they got crushed at home by Philly and then went on to dominate the NFL and win the Super Bowl? Obviously this team is nowhere near as talented as that one but they are good enough to win it all if they avoid mental breakdowns like this.